Official Power Sound Audio Subwoofer Thread - Page 687 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #20581 of 20587 Old Yesterday, 06:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbreda View Post
Not sure if you are considering the S3000i, but it might fit your needs as well. Keep an eye out for drussell comparison of the XS30 vs S3000i in the coming weeks as well as checking out this thread for S3000i vs V1500-this was well before any 18's were even being considered but might give you insight on sealed vs ported.

PSA V1500 vs. S3000i: My Big Room Challenge
Thanks, but I prefer duals over one big sub, otherwise I would stick with my PC-Ultra. I am trying to full the room with a more balance low end experience, the Single sub is too uneven in where the sweet spot is.
gbreda likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #20582 of 20587 Old Yesterday, 06:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 696 Post(s)
Liked: 578
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vodhanel View Post
The single V1800i will outgun dual V1500s in mid/upper bass "slam" for sure. Extension and deep bass capabilities will be similar.

The duals stand a good chance of smoothing out room induced peaks/dips though.

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio
Tom I hope you were referring to the V3600i, as that's what the OP was referring to anyway. I could be wrong though..............

Jeffrey
post #20583 of 20587 Old Yesterday, 06:48 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 205 Post(s)
Liked: 228
Quote:
Originally Posted by kluken View Post
Thanks, but I prefer duals over one big sub, otherwise I would stick with my PC-Ultra. I am trying to full the room with a more balance low end experience, the Single sub is too uneven in where the sweet spot is.
Understood and wise to go with duals-you can always get TWO big subs. You have plenty to choose from right now from several quality ID companies in many different configurations/sizes and more coming soon.

The new system of yours sounds killer-just need to finish it off with some good bass.
post #20584 of 20587 Old Yesterday, 06:49 PM

Quoted: 110 Post(s)
Liked: 82
[QUOTE=Based on current interest in the new V1800, that might be somewhat popular also...

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio[/QUOTE]

Would you be able to give any detail on the price range you're looking at for the new V1800?

Polk CS20
Polk Tsi 500's
Polk Tsi 200's
Denon 1713
Samsung 37'' LCD
Panasonic DMP-BDT 210
SVS PB-2000
Auralex Great Gramma/MoPAD
Logitech Harmony One
post #20585 of 20587 Unread Today, 03:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbreda View Post
Understood and wise to go with duals-you can always get TWO big subs. You have plenty to choose from right now from several quality ID companies in many different configurations/sizes and more coming soon.

The new system of yours sounds killer-just need to finish it off with some good bass.
Yeah 2 big duals would be awesome once I pick up all the glass form it blowing my windows out

Even I have some practicality limits. My Ultra is already not working hard, when I do Audyessy I have to crank it down to almost no gain because Audyssey complains it is too hot. This is what is leading me to maybe select sealed subs. the room is around 2300 cubic feet and is closed in except for 30 inch opening to the foyer (and a bay window behind the seating postion) so the room gain from a sealed may make dual S1500s a sweet combo for music and movies, but still researching and debating. I know Tom is good about the returns, but I just would not feel good having them ship 2 of a sub and then swap to 2 of the other.
post #20586 of 20587 Unread Today, 04:10 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 205 Post(s)
Liked: 228
Quote:
Originally Posted by kluken View Post
Yeah 2 big duals would be awesome once I pick up all the glass form it blowing my windows out

Even I have some practicality limits. My Ultra is already not working hard, when I do Audyessy I have to crank it down to almost no gain because Audyssey complains it is too hot. This is what is leading me to maybe select sealed subs. the room is around 2300 cubic feet and is closed in except for 30 inch opening to the foyer (and a bay window behind the seating postion) so the room gain from a sealed may make dual S1500s a sweet combo for music and movies, but still researching and debating. I know Tom is good about the returns, but I just would not feel good having them ship 2 of a sub and then swap to 2 of the other.
I understand and feel the same about "wasting" a companies money on shipping, it is not cheap. Therefore I research the hell out of my purchases and that includes talking with each company directly-not just chatting online. This will give you the feel of the real service you might get after the purchase if it is needed.

Regarding Audyssey setting up with no gain...where is the trim set at when done? Most subscribe to the theory of getting Audy to set up up well below zero, maybe 3-8 below, so that there is room for increase without getting into distortion territory. You really dont want it setting up above zero. This is due to Audy generally setting the sub about 10db too low, and trim above zero has more chance of distortion from a sub.

If you dont want to increase trim levels after EQ is done, then setting up right around zero would be the goal.

But in the end, whatever sounds right in your room and your listening taste is the real goal here.

Overall ported or sealed will work here, and I really think Tom would lean toward sealed, but it will take the right amount of sub. So, maybe 2 S1500 or even 2 XS15se would work here.
oneeyeblind and sinisanav like this.
post #20587 of 20587 Unread Today, 05:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 709 Post(s)
Liked: 408
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman61405 View Post
Would you be able to give any detail on the price range you're looking at for the new V1800?
If I had to guess I would say it will be priced around $1500.

Receiver - Denon 4311CI
Speakers - Klipsch RF-82 II's, RC-62 II, RB-61 II's
Subs - Rythmik FV15HP's
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Xs30 , Velodyne Sms 1 In Room Bass Correction Kit With Included Microphone , Denon Avr 3313ci Receiver , Denon Avr 4520ci Receiver , Power Sound Audio , Xv15 , Power Sound Audio Triax , Room Equilizer Wizard Rew , Denon Avr X4000 7 2 Channel Home Theater Receiver
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page