Official Power Sound Audio Subwoofer Thread - Page 688 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #20611 of 20639 Old Today, 12:12 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 209 Post(s)
Liked: 237
Quote:
Originally Posted by kluken View Post
NP, I am kidding (a little) When Audyessy is done I generally turn up the sub gain on the sub itself using my spl until I show an increase of 5db.

That being said I have a few things I need to work out. The room was just redone so I have not run Audyssey since the extra doorway was closed in and new carpet laid and some other sound changing characteristics were done. I plan on running through a calibration Sunday with my new RP-280F, RC-62ii and unfortunately my X7200WA is delayed a week. But this will give me a chance to really figure out where I stand now. The thought o S3000i or XS30se is not really an option because due to space I really need the sub as close to the wall and corner as possible on each side. So I am thinking my options are dual S1500, dual V1500, dual S1800 ;-) or dual V1800 ;-) . The room was out of use for last 6 months do to a remodel and the theater gear was all packed away, so I need to reacquaint myself with the room acoustics and go from there.

I can tell you my PC-Ultra does not break a sweat as for Audyssey to not complain during calibration I have to turn the gain on the sub down to almost zero and during normal use it is barley up half way.

Rest assured as I get closer to pulling the trigger I will be calling you though ;-)
A-You dont need much room against the wall for a dual opposed sub (XS30se/S3000I). 3-4 inches is really all you need. 2 XS30se or S3000i will blow that room away!

B-It's suggested to leave the sub gain alone after running Audy and change the levels within the AVR itself. This can usually be done on the fly with your remote and I would be really surprised to find that the Denon 7200 does not have that ability (sweet AVR you have coming)

back to head spinning......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #20612 of 20639 Old Today, 12:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 910 Post(s)
Liked: 2465
First 3 assembled, tested, and bagged. We're doing these in threes, so hopefully another 3-6 make it out today!

Not sure if any of the next 6-9 customers in the build queue are following along but all I can say is...you really have no idea what you're in for..

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	V3600i_3.JPG
Views:	124
Size:	108.6 KB
ID:	808930  
post #20613 of 20639 Old Today, 12:47 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 173 Post(s)
Liked: 276
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vodhanel View Post
First 3 assembled, tested, and bagged. We're doing these in threes, so hopefully another 3-6 make it out today!

Not sure if any of the next 6-9 customers in the build queue are following along but all I can say is...you really have no idea what you're in for..

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio
3 of them up front would be killer!!!!!!!!
Eric Stivison likes this.

Equipment List: Benq W6000, Darbee DVP-5000 Video Processor, JKP Affinity 100 inch 16x9 .9 gain reference screen, Onkyo 818 receiver, 3-Marantz Ma700 and 2-Ma6100 mono blocks, 9.2 set-up, B&W Nautilus 805 front speakers, B&W Nautilus HTM2 center speaker, Infinity ( soon to be replaced by B&W ) bookshelf Height Speakers, Mirage HDT-R side speakers, Jamo THX surround one rear speakers, Dual PSA XS30se subs, Richard Grey, Monster Power, and Panamax powerline conditioning/surge protection.
post #20614 of 20639 Old Today, 12:55 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 11
tom i hope one of them is mine i cant wait

Last edited by Eric Stivison; Today at 01:04 PM.
post #20615 of 20639 Old Today, 12:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked: 2396
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneeyeblind View Post
I think the V3600i makes sense. In that the V3600i is the ported counterpart to the T-18. In its made for people who need a ton of output in one box. The V1800 actually is rather like the the S3000i. What most people who want duals should look at. Unless you have very large room or a high headroom requirement.
I agree... Not saying the V3600i does not make sense, I am saying the V1800 has a place in PSA's line up. Go back 10 pages or so and you will see me bringing up PSA adding the V1800 to the lineup before it was ever mentioned as a possibility of going live. It was mentioned a by another member that it did not make sense due to other companies offering the single 18" ported variants. That is when I brought up the "Perks" pov that PSA has over the competition.
ahblaza likes this.

Getting Started with REW: A Step by Step Guide --> http://www.mediafire.com/view/aolmz2..._101_v3.92.pdf

Mini DSP Tutorial by Neutro --> http://www.avsforum.com/forum/113-su...g-minidsp.html
post #20616 of 20639 Old Today, 01:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Stivison View Post
I can neither confirm nor deny these rumors at this time.

You'll see tracking info within the hour..

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio
post #20617 of 20639 Unread Today, 01:08 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 11
woo hoo
post #20618 of 20639 Unread Today, 02:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 626 Post(s)
Liked: 404
Quote:
We've already sold significantly more V1800s than V3600i subs..

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio

How is that possible? The V1800 isn't even available yet.
post #20619 of 20639 Unread Today, 02:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus33 View Post
How is that possible? The V1800 isn't even available yet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneeyeblind View Post
I bet that made Jim mad.... can you imagine...

Tom.... Hey Jim we have to build a new sub.

Jim..... Why?

Tom.... Customer requests.

Jim.... uggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

ROFL
More like...

JIM....have you seen AVS, V1800?

Tom...not worried about it, we need to focus on the wood veneer Solid Works stuff and get quotes for the S1500, all 3 speakers and maybe the V1500 too. I'm getting 2-3 inquires a DAY about these.

JIM....Good, I'm not ready to go through another design process. We need a break.

Tom...No chance, we would need to get a ridiculous order quantity from a distributor to even CONSIDER this.

JIM....Good. we can worry about the V1800 next year.

...............one day later..............

Tom....Hey Jim, ridiculous just emailed us with their PO for the V1800...

JIM...sigh...

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio
oneeyeblind, skip61 and sk373 like this.
post #20620 of 20639 Unread Today, 03:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 508 Post(s)
Liked: 1406
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
You'll see tracking info within the hour..
Quote:
woo hoo
Words can't describe what you're in for but it's going to make you a very happy man. A very very happy man.
post #20621 of 20639 Unread Today, 04:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 705 Post(s)
Liked: 588
I just posted this on the PSA speaker thread, if you didn't see I'll repost it here.

Hey Guys I had a package delivered today and I thought I would share it with you. Talk about a USA based company, PSA really is that. If you read the label with the washing tag it says:

100% COTTON, KNIT, DYED & SEWN IN THE USA..............

Me and my misses are going to be walking billboards for POWER SOUND AUDIO, even the owners are made in the USA.......... NICE MUG TOO.........

Cheers Jeffrey
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	psa t shirts 001 SLEEVES.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	31.2 KB
ID:	809226   Click image for larger version

Name:	psa t shirts 002 FRONT.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	29.6 KB
ID:	809234   Click image for larger version

Name:	psa t shirts 003 BACK.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	41.3 KB
ID:	809242   Click image for larger version

Name:	psa t shirts 004 MUG.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	20.3 KB
ID:	809250  
post #20622 of 20639 Unread Today, 05:08 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 571 Post(s)
Liked: 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahblaza View Post
I just posted this on the PSA speaker thread, if you didn't see I'll repost it here.

Hey Guys I had a package delivered today and I thought I would share it with you. Talk about a USA based company, PSA really is that. If you read the label with the washing tag it says:

Me and my misses are going to be walking billboards for POWER SOUND AUDIO, even the owners are made in the USA.......... NICE MUG TOO.........

Cheers Jeffrey
But that doesn't mean the cotton is grown in the USA. Maybe its grown in China! Sorry, I couldn't resist.
sk373 and jd10ac like this.

SOUND: Marantz AV-7702 Pre/Pro, McIntosh MC1706 Amp,
(2) Klipsch RF7-II's, (2) Funk Audio 18.0 subs

VIDEO:
Samsung PN64F8500 Plasma TV, Oppo 103D Blue Ray Player
post #20623 of 20639 Unread Today, 05:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by basshead81 View Post
I agree... Not saying the V3600i does not make sense, I am saying the V1800 has a place in PSA's line up. Go back 10 pages or so and you will see me bringing up PSA adding the V1800 to the lineup before it was ever mentioned as a possibility of going live. It was mentioned a by another member that it did not make sense due to other companies offering the single 18" ported variants. That is when I brought up the "Perks" pov that PSA has over the competition.
Hey Bass you were spot on my friend when all that bickering was going on, they are selling like hot cakes and they ain't even released yet, good call.................

Cheers Jeffrey
post #20624 of 20639 Unread Today, 05:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red99 View Post
But that doesn't mean the cotton is grown in the USA. Maybe its grown in China! Sorry, I couldn't resist.
Hey RED, that's a good one. LMAO........What if a product is made in China by a American, how would you catalog that one??????????????

Cheers Jeffrey
post #20625 of 20639 Unread Today, 05:24 PM
mnc
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 404 Post(s)
Liked: 291
Quote:

Cheers Jeffrey
Dang! I forgot to order a shirt when I ordered my second sub.
oneeyeblind likes this.

NHT speakers, Denon 4520, Panasonic 65VT50, DUAL PSA XS30SE's
post #20626 of 20639 Unread Today, 05:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Cheers Jeffrey
Those shirts look mighty nice Jeff. I find my coffee tastes better in my PSA mug.
post #20627 of 20639 Unread Today, 05:47 PM

Quoted: 209 Post(s)
Liked: 237
Quote:

Cheers Jeffrey
Great looking shirts (got mine a while ago with my new subs), but I am more of a black shirt / white lettering kind of guy-plus they would look more ominous just like the subs
mnc likes this.
post #20628 of 20639 Unread Today, 06:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Soooooo… I've been playing with REW and I'm finding when I run the V3600 by itself I get a smoother frequency response than when I run both subs together. On the photo the blue is dual subs and the green is the V3600 alone. The blue line is with the XV15se in the location that gives the best response with dual subs (I tried multiple locations and the other places were worse).

Am I missing something? It looks to me I'm better off with just the V3600 by itself.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	July 2nd.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	47.2 KB
ID:	809322  
post #20629 of 20639 Unread Today, 06:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbreda View Post
Great looking shirts (got mine a while ago with my new subs), but I am more of a black shirt / white lettering kind of guy-plus they would look more ominous just like the subs
Oh man, now I want a shirt. I may be putting in an order for mine tomorrow.
post #20630 of 20639 Unread Today, 06:23 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopinater View Post
Soooooo… I've been playing with REW and I'm finding when I run the V3600 by itself I get a smoother frequency response than when I run both subs together. On the photo the blue is dual subs and the green is the V3600 alone. The blue line is with the XV15se in the location that gives the best response with dual subs (I tried multiple locations and the other places were worse).

Am I missing something? It looks to me I'm better off with just the V3600 by itself.
Im not claiming to be an expert, but I think part of your problem is you are using 2 different subs.
Is this before or after Audessy? OR whatever room correction you have.
Have you tried using RTA in REW to locate your subs? I find it to be more accurate than any sub crawl method.
But yeah, the single sub isnt bad. I would probably just use it if you cant get the other to play nice with it.
oneeyeblind and Hopinater like this.

VIDEO:
post #20631 of 20639 Unread Today, 07:01 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Have you tried using RTA in REW to locate your subs? I find it to be more accurate than any sub crawl method.
Can you please elaborate on how to use RTA for sub placement? I am going to wire my new home theater, and this will come in very handy for me.
post #20632 of 20639 Unread Today, 07:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1782 Post(s)
Liked: 1604
Have you time aligned the subs? They look to be canceling each other somewhat
post #20633 of 20639 Unread Today, 07:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Im not claiming to be an expert, but I think part of your problem is you are using 2 different subs.
Is this before or after Audessy? OR whatever room correction you have.
But yeah, the single sub isnt bad. I would probably just use it if you cant get the other to play nice with it.
You may be right about the two different subs. I KNEW I should have bought two V3600s!

The graphs are post Audyssey. My other problem is I'm not using XT32 because my Denon 3313 doesn't have it. I wonder how much difference that would make.

I quit using the sub crawl once I got REW, I just move the sub and re-run REW to get a rough idea. If it has promise I will use a quick Audyssey calibration and then run REW again to see if it still looks good and if it does I run an 8 point Audyssey calibration.

When I had the other XV15se back there the rear sub location looked good but it dropped off like a rock after 20 Hz so I ran dual subs to help with extension as well as smoothing. Now I debating what my next move should be. Anyone else have any thoughts?
post #20634 of 20639 Unread Today, 07:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Fineberg View Post
I did Brian but I'm wondering if I didn't do it right or wasn't careful enough when I was doing it. I didn't use REW when I did it I just used the old school method with the SPL meter.

What do you suggest?
post #20635 of 20639 Unread Today, 07:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1782 Post(s)
Liked: 1604
Quote:
I did Brian but I'm wondering if I didn't do it right or wasn't careful enough when I was doing it. I didn't use REW when I did it I just used the old school method with the SPL meter.

What do you suggest?
What did you use to time align them?
post #20636 of 20639 Unread Today, 07:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 928 Post(s)
Liked: 1443
Quote:
I agree. Subs look to be out of phase.
post #20637 of 20639 Unread Today, 10:34 PM

Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Quote:

What do you suggest?
what is time align if using 2 subs.. and how do you do that using a spl meter?

TIA
post #20638 of 20639 Unread Today, 11:27 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeyurM View Post
Can you please elaborate on how to use RTA for sub placement? I am going to wire my new home theater, and this will come in very handy for me.

The RTA is best used with REW's Pink PN test signal, so you get an SPL trace that doesn't need any averaging. Look for the same things as in a sweep measurement SPL plot. Here are suitable RTA settings:

VIDEO:
post #20639 of 20639 Unread Today, 11:35 PM
Advanced Member

Also when I used RTA, I placed the mic at the MLP, and put the sub in its actual position. You can get some microfiber clothes if you have hardwood floor to slide the sub around. Or you can do like I did and placed it on a cheap Harbor freight furniture dolly. This makes moving and turning the sub effortless. http://www.harborfreight.com/materia...g/dollies.html
I found this to be best for me because I could actually have the mic on a boom stand and placed right in the center of my ears of where I sit.
Also, I have REW on my laptop, which is plugged into the PRe amp (AVR), which I have it output to the TV. So I can watch the RTA from anywhere in the room as I am moving it around.

VIDEO:
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Xs30 , Velodyne Sms 1 In Room Bass Correction Kit With Included Microphone , Denon Avr 3313ci Receiver , Denon Avr 4520ci Receiver , Power Sound Audio , Xv15 , Power Sound Audio Triax , Room Equilizer Wizard Rew , Denon Avr X4000 7 2 Channel Home Theater Receiver
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page