Official Power Sound Audio Subwoofer Thread - Page 689 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #20641 of 20657 Old Today, 05:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 511 Post(s)
Liked: 1411
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Fineberg View Post
What did you use to time align them?
I used the pink noise on the AVR and the SPL meter as I adjusted the delay on the ICE power amp until I found the loudest dB's.

I wouldn't be surprised if they aren't properly time aligned because when I did it I had forgotten about using REW to do it (until i saw Basshead's post on that) and I'm sure that would be more accurate. But I never tried time aligning with REW so I'm not a 100% certain I know the process.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #20642 of 20657 Old Today, 06:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 721 Post(s)
Liked: 421
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopinater View Post
I used the pink noise on the AVR and the SPL meter as I adjusted the delay on the ICE power amp until I found the loudest dB's.

I wouldn't be surprised if they aren't properly time aligned because when I did it I had forgotten about using REW to do it (until i saw Basshead's post on that) and I'm sure that would be more accurate. But I never tried time aligning with REW so I'm not a 100% certain I know the process.
I just had to do this recently while auditioning a 3rd FV15HP. I opened up REW turned my other two subs off up front because I was trying to get the new FV that was near field phase aligned. I set the distance of the sub to 0 in the receiver and turned Audyssey off. I started with the phase at 0 on the sub and made small adjustments in between each adjustment I would run a sweep to see the frequency response. Rinse repeat until you get what you think is the best results. Leave it there and run a full calibration. After you do this you can run another sweep to see what Audyssey did to the overall response.
Hopinater likes this.

Receiver - Denon 4311CI
Speakers - Klipsch RF-82 II's, RC-62 II, RB-61 II's
Subs - Rythmik FV15HP's
post #20643 of 20657 Old Today, 07:23 AM
mnc
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 404 Post(s)
Liked: 294
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbreda View Post
Great looking shirts (got mine a while ago with my new subs), but I am more of a black shirt / white lettering kind of guy-plus they would look more ominous just like the subs
+1 For black shirt/ white lettering!
Mike Butny, gbreda and jd10ac like this.

NHT speakers, Denon 4520, Panasonic 65VT50, DUAL PSA XS30SE's
post #20644 of 20657 Old Today, 07:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 721 Post(s)
Liked: 421
^^^ Are we discussing subs here or is this project runway?
Toe, mnc, oneeyeblind and 3 others like this.

Receiver - Denon 4311CI
Speakers - Klipsch RF-82 II's, RC-62 II, RB-61 II's
Subs - Rythmik FV15HP's
post #20645 of 20657 Old Today, 10:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 910 Post(s)
Liked: 2470
We'll have another batch of V3600i shipping out on Monday and again on Tuesday. After that, it will be a few weeks until we get more cabinets.

We're also trying to get ahead of the V1500 orders too. Keep the orders coming...we can take it...

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	7_3_2015.JPG
Views:	78
Size:	108.1 KB
ID:	810378  
post #20646 of 20657 Old Today, 12:03 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Liked: 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT78681 View Post
Kind of goes hand in hand, like rock concerts and t-shirts. Well maybe not so much these days as the shirts are 35-50 bucks and with the high ticket prices, who has $$ for shirts...
oneeyeblind likes this.
post #20647 of 20657 Old Today, 01:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 709 Post(s)
Liked: 594
Quote:
Kind of goes hand in hand, like rock concerts and t-shirts. Well maybe not so much these days as the shirts are 35-50 bucks and with the high ticket prices, who has $$ for shirts...
gbreda, $20 bucks delivered, I got a large for my misses and an extra large for me, I weigh 160 Pounds and it looks like dress on me, I don't know what I was thinking as they run true to size. They're in the wash now...........
mnc, oneeyeblind, gbreda and 1 others like this.
post #20648 of 20657 Old Today, 02:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahblaza View Post
gbreda, $20 bucks delivered, I got a large for my misses and an extra large for me, I weigh 160 Pounds and it looks like dress on me, I don't know what I was thinking as they run true to size. They're in the wash now...........
Wash it HOT Jeff and dry it hotter...it might shrink.
post #20649 of 20657 Old Today, 04:13 PM

Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Liked: 242
Quote:
Thanks Jeff, but I was referring to high cost concert T's and even higher ticket prices these days...Debating on Neil Young's tour that starts this Sunday and rolls through MA mid July.

Anything new on the V1800? Same amp as the V1500?

Thread back on track
oneeyeblind likes this.

Last edited by gbreda; Today at 04:17 PM.
post #20650 of 20657 Old Today, 05:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I did Jim and it didn't work, I guess the grown and picked cotton in the USA doesn't shrink, I even dried it on high heat.....
post #20651 of 20657 Old Today, 05:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Thanks Jeff, but I was referring to high cost concert T's and even higher ticket prices these days...Debating on Neil Young's tour that starts this Sunday and rolls through MA mid July.

Anything new on the V1800? Same amp as the V1500?

Thread back on track
I don't know about the amp, I'm in the dark but will find the light soon..........
post #20652 of 20657 Old Today, 06:46 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT78681 View Post
Bwahaha! Such an epic response!

Resuming our scheduled programming, take a look at my graph below. (no smoothing applied, I cross at 120Hz) The Manual EQ - Base is my baseline and is using my manual tailored adjustments with the Yamaha PEQ options. Not too shabby! However, YPAO/Flat is complete horse poop. There was a massive spike at 42Hz and I was able to tinker and copy the Flat into the Manual PEQ and get that output.

The next one is my Anti-Mode 8033S-II and that really fixed up the output nicely. It did wonders for me from 50-80Hz and definitely changed the sound. A lot. I don't think it was strictly phase-related, but perhaps a room mode issue. Either way, I really like the Anti-Mode a lot - and yeah, this one measurement was before I disabled the subsonic filter. It's off now, thank you Tom for your help with that, too! I'd assume my output below 20Hz should be closer to my base measurement. Tonight, I don't really give a damn because I'm just enjoying this thing too much!

The last one is with the single S3000i - in the same spot as my 'corner-loaded' sub. (technically, it's 7" from the rear wall and 27" from the side wall) There's no EQ on the sub. YPAO, again, did nothing to really EQ by default. (the filters it does use are at 250Hz and another at 125Hz with 0dB...so yeah) This will be my last Yamaha receiver. (for reference, I have an RX-A3040)

Flipping between the 2xSB13U and the lone S3000i is just so night and day, as you can clearly see! More to come next week.

Happy Fourth to all!

Travis
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	S3000i vs 2xSB13U.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	118.1 KB
ID:	811018  

Last edited by k1n3t1k; Today at 06:49 PM.
post #20653 of 20657 Old Today, 07:13 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 562 Post(s)
Liked: 409
Quote:
Originally Posted by basshead81 View Post
The V1800 out sell the V3600, no way!! if I recall some questioned my opinion (Fatty )on adding a V1800 to the lineup. Looks like Basshead might have a clue after all.
Hey, I'm glad to be wrong.

You can't deny the entertainment value of that conversation though.
post #20654 of 20657 Old Today, 07:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
By far, I am no expert among some here, but I got great dual response using the delay on the ICE amp and ARC quick measure feature. After that I verified with REW. Then I ran ARC eq and verified again with REW.

Not many here have Anthem, but that quick measure is so helpful as it keeps sending a sweep every 5 seconds or so giving you instant/real time results to delay adjustments. Its really nice to have your laptop right next to you when making these adjustments-no one else required to read an SPL meter. Its also equally helpful for sub/speaker placement.

I wonder if this type of feature could be added to REW?
So you used the delay on the ICE amp to time align your two subs? Sounds like it went very successful for you. Any before and after REW graphs of the delay adjustment. This would save buying a miniDSP.

I agree the quick measure in the Anthem ARC is very easy to use and see as you move your sub. You can still do it with REW but you must run the test each time you move your sub.
post #20655 of 20657 Unread Today, 08:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Hello? Is anybody out there?

Okay, It's Friday night on a holiday weekend and I was going to post my new graphs with the changes I made getting my subs better time aligned. But what's the point. There's nobody here. I'm all alone in the PSA sub thread. How sad.

But more importantly… I hope you all have a great 4th of July, be safe and have a great time.

That goes for you and Jim as well Tom. Take a day off and relax, have a beer….it's on me.
post #20656 of 20657 Unread Today, 08:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 110 Post(s)
Liked: 310
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank D View Post
So you used the delay on the ICE amp to time align your two subs? Sounds like it went very successful for you. Any before and after REW graphs of the delay adjustment. This would save buying a miniDSP.

I agree the quick measure in the Anthem ARC is very easy to use and see as you move your sub. You can still do it with REW but you must run the test each time you move your sub.

Dear Frank:

...my sub will be in your hands tomorrow... If you haven't seen Nikko's basements HT...you'll be like whoa...dude...he has a lot of nice stuff and big ideas pending...go luck tomorrow + have a blast...you guys are going to rock his place & likely the entire neighborhood...

Old Indian proverb: We don't inherit the earth from our ancestors, but we borrow it from our children!

Ascend Acoustics Towers, STC w RAAL, 200 SE in espresso
54" of Panasonic Bliss, Anthem MRX 300
Sony BDP-S380, TechnicsCD player, Apple TV
PSA XS30 SE in Cordovan Cherry & Svs SB13U in sig
post #20657 of 20657 Unread Today, 08:32 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Quote:
I did Jim and it didn't work, I guess the grown and picked cotton in the USA doesn't shrink, I even dried it on high heat.....
I'm back from vacation! Keep those jokes coming...At the end I was right and you were wrong. But very funny Don't know when basshead said v1800 would sell more then the v3600 that's a no brainier. Cheaper for a single and the advantage of having duals. And there's not many companies that offer 18's subs and surely PSA can take advantage of this area.
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Xs30 , Velodyne Sms 1 In Room Bass Correction Kit With Included Microphone , Denon Avr 3313ci Receiver , Denon Avr 4520ci Receiver , Power Sound Audio , Xv15 , Power Sound Audio Triax , Room Equilizer Wizard Rew , Denon Avr X4000 7 2 Channel Home Theater Receiver
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page