Official Power Sound Audio Subwoofer Thread - Page 690 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #20671 of 20675 Old Today, 10:44 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaredseahawks View Post
Anyone? Is there anything I can do? Any tips?
Jared, What are your results post calibration? Are you sure that your speakers are set to small and the you have 2 subs chosen? Also you can try calibrating one sub hooked up, and then the other, as this may help eliminate cable issues? Not being familiar with that sub or YPAO(I believe) it is a 7.2?
What about a splitter from your sub input. Did you hear both subs equally before calibration? Sorry for the questions, but a little more detail about what you have done may help us out. I have never run YPAO, but will help in anyway I can.
Hopinater likes this.

Marantz SR7008, Emotiva XPA5,Dual PSA XV15SE's
PS3 Phat, PS3 Slim, Sony BDP-370,Toshiba HD-A2
Polk Monitor 70's,Polk CSiA6,Polk R50's,Polk F/XiA4's,Polk OWM3's,Polk 505's
Sharp 60 LED 640U,Optoma HD25-LV,Belkin PureAV Home Theater Console
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #20672 of 20675 Old Today, 10:52 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked: 66
[QUOTE=Hopinater;35524226]Okay I've been playing around a lot with REW the last three days and I have got a better response with my two subs than I had earlier. I'll take any comments anyone cares to offer. the problem is I seem to be getting a dip right around the crossover. /QUOTE]

I had same issue with dip when I had crossover at 80 HZ, since I moved it to 100 Hz that has made a big change on 85-95 range.
Hopinater likes this.

Change is the only constant.

My HT: http://www.avsforum.com/forum/19-ded...l#post32691273
post #20673 of 20675 Old Today, 11:31 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizrussspike View Post
Quote:
Anyone? Is there anything I can do? Any tips?
Jared, What are your results post calibration? Are you sure that your speakers are set to small and the you have 2 subs chosen? Also you can try calibrating one sub hooked up, and then the other, as this may help eliminate cable issues? Not being familiar with that sub or YPAO(I believe) it is a 7.2?
What about a splitter from your sub input. Did you hear both subs equally before calibration? Sorry for the questions, but a little more detail about what you have done may help us out. I have never run YPAO, but will help in anyway I can.
The reviewer has 2 sub outs. Both subs are connected to each sub out in receiver. When it calibrates it only shows 1 sub. The second sub doesn't come up in the screen. I can hear it, but probably 40% maybe less compared to the other sub. I have not tried a y splitter. Ive gone into settings to see if I need to enable the second sub, but can't find anything.
post #20674 of 20675 Old Today, 11:54 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 280
Quote:
The reviewer has 2 sub outs.
Actually there is "one" sub (processed internally) that's split so you can easily connect two subs. No different than an external splitter. As suggested above I would connect one at a time and adjust their volumes to 3db less than the other speakers. Once their volumes have been matched connect both and run YPAO.

There are a couple of sub settings which you can find on page 116...
lizrussspike, gbreda and Hopinater like this.

Last edited by Charles R; Today at 12:03 PM.
post #20675 of 20675 Unread Today, 05:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 516 Post(s)
Liked: 1418
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvuong View Post
Hop, You gain quite a bit from 40 and below (plus that extra extension) which explains your recent great experience with the 3600/XV15 combo. Having extension and enough output down to 15, 16hz is HUGE. If your xover is at 80, it is quite ugly there. The good thing is if you measure center and subs, your center might help lifting that region up and along with subs distance tweak, I think you will be better (lot better) around your xover point. Remember, we don't listen just to the subs rather the whole system and if your center with subs and/or main with subs are reasonable flat, you are golden. Enjoy.
Thanks Tvuong. Yep...There are still some issues I need to resolve around that darn crossover but before I dive too deeply into it I want to try the 2nd sub nearfield. I just need a longer cable.
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Xs30 , Velodyne Sms 1 In Room Bass Correction Kit With Included Microphone , Denon Avr 3313ci Receiver , Denon Avr 4520ci Receiver , Power Sound Audio , Xv15 , Power Sound Audio Triax , Room Equilizer Wizard Rew , Denon Avr X4000 7 2 Channel Home Theater Receiver
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page