Official Power Sound Audio Subwoofer Thread - Page 691 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #20701 of 20708 Unread Today, 07:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked: 2402
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaredseahawks View Post
Silly question:
How does the Rythmik f25 compare to the monster PSA v3600?
It doesn't...not a apples to apples comparison.

Getting Started with REW: A Step by Step Guide --> http://www.mediafire.com/view/aolmz2..._101_v3.92.pdf

Mini DSP Tutorial by Neutro --> http://www.avsforum.com/forum/113-su...g-minidsp.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #20702 of 20708 Unread Today, 07:39 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by basshead81 View Post
Quote:
Silly question:
How does the Rythmik f25 compare to the monster PSA v3600?
It doesn't...not a apples to apples comparison.
Hummmmmm...Excuse my ignorance, but can you give me your opinion on both. I'm new to the HT universe would the extra $750 give me that much porformance ? After reading thread after thread for PSA, SVS, Rythmik, and HSU. I have narrowed it down to 3 companies and 3 subs.

Duals:
1. PSA 3000 American cherry
2. HSU VTF 15 MK rosenut
3. Rythmik f25 black oak

Subs will either go into a 1800 cubic ft space or 7000 cubic ft space. Maybe I should wait for the v1800??? Finish is a big factor. Size not so much. I would consider the v3600 but the only finish option is black texture and the wife didn't approve. You guys know how that is
post #20703 of 20708 Unread Today, 08:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked: 2402
You should wait until you figure out which room the subs are going in. 1800^3 I would go for the 3000i. In a 7000^3 room I would go for the V3600i.

Your wife needs to see the finish in person...it really does not look any different then black oak from a distance. Sure up close it is different but how often will you spend looking at the subs up close?
Mike Butny likes this.

Getting Started with REW: A Step by Step Guide --> http://www.mediafire.com/view/aolmz2..._101_v3.92.pdf

Mini DSP Tutorial by Neutro --> http://www.avsforum.com/forum/113-su...g-minidsp.html
post #20704 of 20708 Unread Today, 08:12 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 174 Post(s)
Liked: 276
Quote:
Hummmmmm...Excuse my ignorance, but can you give me your opinion on both. I'm new to the HT universe would the extra $750 give me that much porformance ? After reading thread after thread for PSA, SVS, Rythmik, and HSU. I have narrowed it down to 3 companies and 3 subs.

Duals:
2. HSU VTF 15 MK rosenut
3. Rythmik f25 black oak

Subs will either go into a 1800 cubic ft space or 7000 cubic ft space. Maybe I should wait for the v1800??? Finish is a big factor. Size not so much. I would consider the v3600 but the only finish option is black texture and the wife didn't approve. You guys know how that is
I would stick with a sealed sub, XS30SE or S3000I for the 1800 cubic ft room but if you decide on using the 7000 cubic ft room then go with the ported/ vented options, dual v1800 or V3600 ( if finish options meet your needs ).

Equipment List: Benq W6000, Darbee DVP-5000 Video Processor, JKP Affinity 100 inch 16x9 .9 gain reference screen, Onkyo 818 receiver, 3-Marantz Ma700 and 2-Ma6100 mono blocks, 9.2 set-up, B&W Nautilus 805 front speakers, B&W Nautilus HTM2 center speaker, Infinity ( soon to be replaced by B&W ) bookshelf Height Speakers, Mirage HDT-R side speakers, Jamo THX surround one rear speakers, Dual PSA XS30se subs, Richard Grey, Monster Power, and Panamax powerline conditioning/surge protection.
post #20705 of 20708 Unread Today, 08:14 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:

Duals:
2. HSU VTF 15 MK rosenut
3. Rythmik f25 black oak

Hey Jared,

I think you should first decide on what room you want to 'bass-ify'. Those are two VASTLY different listening spaces and what may be suitable for one could be insufficient for the other. As Tom wrote in an earlier post:

Quote:
With our products you want to prioritize things like this...

1) The first priority should always your headroom requirements.

It doesn't matter if you have extension to 5hz and stellar sound quality potential...if the sub(s) will regularly be pushed to their absolute limits.

2)Once it is clear you'll have ample headroom, then you should go for extension.

So let's use a generic 2500 cu-ft room(more or less closed off from the rest of the home). End user enjoys the bass to be 3-5dB "hot", and is looking for headroom for say....-10dB master volume levels.

You'll be around 112-115dB.

So don't prioritize the extension of a single XS30se over the output of say a V1500/V1800 if the system will be fed a steady diet of action oriented movies.

On the OTHER hand. If we're looking at DUALs for this room. I'd swing back to two XS30se. You'll have plenty of headroom, deeper extension, and potentially an edge in sound quality as well.
Jared, I have only dealt with one of the aforementioned companies in your list. However, after listening to my S3000i and dealing with Tom off and on for about a year now, I wouldn't even need to think about the others. I believe he'd even send you a fully-finished wood sample if you so desired! There is a lot to be said about the peace-of-mind that is offered when dealing with PSA. I have no doubts or hesitations; I know that if I don't like something, I can return it quickly and easily.

Before I bought my subs, I also considered the F25. I love the look of dual forward-facing drivers - they are so menacing and daunting to look at, but with the launch of the V3600i, go big or go home, right?
Mike Butny likes this.
post #20706 of 20708 Unread Today, 08:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 2064 Post(s)
Liked: 1092
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopinater View Post
Okay I've been playing around a lot with REW the last three days and I have got a better response with my two subs than I had earlier. I'll take any comments anyone cares to offer. the problem is I seem to be getting a dip right around the crossover.

However, I think I found a better position for my 2nd sub (nearfield) where I can get a flatter response but to keep it there I need a longer sub cable so I'll be ordering that today.

In the mean time I'll post a graph showing the dual XV15se's (purple) vs a XV15se running with a V3600 (blue). Subs are in the same position in both setups.

Have you tried the sub distance tweak Hop??
post #20707 of 20708 Unread Today, 09:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked: 316
Hey...guys here is a picture of the xs30se, SubM & RA 218...this should give you some perspective....

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20150704_150902_3_[1].jpg
Views:	2
Size:	20.3 KB
ID:	815746  
Magibeg likes this.

Old Indian proverb: We don't inherit the earth from our ancestors, but we borrow it from our children!

Ascend Acoustics Towers, STC w RAAL, 200 SE in espresso
54" of Panasonic Bliss, Anthem MRX 300
Sony BDP-S380, TechnicsCD player, Apple TV
PSA XS30 SE in Cordovan Cherry & Svs SB13U in sig
post #20708 of 20708 Unread Today, 09:07 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 164 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy p View Post
Hey...guys here is a picture of the xs30se, SubM & RA 218...this should give you some perspective....

That is a much nicer picture than my cell phone one in the Reaction thread. I have to admit that the finish on the XS30se really was beautiful, if we did a wife test i'm sure the XS30se would win by miles!
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Xs30 , Velodyne Sms 1 In Room Bass Correction Kit With Included Microphone , Denon Avr 3313ci Receiver , Denon Avr 4520ci Receiver , Power Sound Audio , Xv15 , Power Sound Audio Triax , Room Equilizer Wizard Rew , Denon Avr X4000 7 2 Channel Home Theater Receiver
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page