Official Power Sound Audio Subwoofer Thread - Page 703 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 22425Likes

Old 07-15-2015, 07:21 PM
Toe
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1450 Post(s)
Liked: 1831
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvuong View Post
A suggestion to avoid all of these is to start a new thread with Echo18 v.s V1800. I am sure Tom and Jeremy among with others will chime in.
Reading my post before posting, it sounds like Tom and Jerry, doesn't it (no pun intended), lol.
Absolutely! One of the best parts of AVS is A/B (C, etc.......) comparisons and finding out the pros/cons of the products in question, but use common sense and start a dedicated thread about it. To try and bring up an in depth lengthy comparison of various products in a dedicated owners thread of a particular brand is bad form to say the least.
Hopinater likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-15-2015, 07:30 PM
Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopinater View Post
It is fun isn't it?

This is a great thread. But there is one (or two and sometimes three) who seem capable of blowing it up.

Anyway... on to more important things. Toe, when are you getting your speakers and sub?
As soon as my name pops up on the preorder list, my 3600 and 210s will be heading my way. I'm not shy when it comes to sharing honest thoughts on gear I have owned which people who have followed my posts with screens, projectors, preamps, etc....know, so if I am not satisfied, I wont have any issue respectfully sharing my opinion why. Not to mention I would not hesitate to use the 30 day return policy if needed (that's why it's there, right?). Not that I am expecting to be disappointed of course, but you never know until you get things home and in your room. I am excited to replace my 12 year old S-38s and 11 year old 12/2 Ultra though!
Old 07-15-2015, 07:31 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 875 Post(s)
Liked: 813
Quote:
It is fun isn't it?

This is a great thread. But there is one (or two and sometimes three) who seem capable of blowing it up.

Anyway... on to more important things. Toe, when are you getting your speakers and sub?
Out of curiosity, have you guys noticed any constants that lead to the blow ups?

Last edited by FattyMcButterPants; 07-15-2015 at 07:42 PM.

Old 07-15-2015, 07:43 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 1775 Post(s)
Liked: 4376
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toe View Post
As soon as my name pops up on the preorder list, my 3600 and 210s will be heading my way. I'm not shy when it comes to sharing honest thoughts on gear I have owned which people who have followed my posts with screens, projectors, preamps, etc....know, so if I am not satisfied, I wont have any issue respectfully sharing my opinion why. Not to mention I would not hesitate to use the 30 day return policy if needed (that's why it's there, right?). Not that I am expecting to be disappointed of course, but you never know until you get things home and in your room. I am excited to replace my 12 year old S-38s and 11 year old 12/2 Ultra though!

Yep, that's why I'm looking forward to you getting your gear. I'm really interested in reading your impressions.

You're right, you never know... and until you get the gear in your home there's just no way of knowing. That's one thing that often get's ignored, the room. It plays such a huge role in the way the HT sounds.

I'm starting to turn my attention towards doing some treatments, at least at the first reflection point for the speakers. I've come to the conclusion that my room is challenging. It's odd shaped, it's large and it has too much glass. But I still enjoy the way my system sounds.
Toe, oneeyeblind, ahblaza and 1 others like this.
Old 07-15-2015, 07:43 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 1775 Post(s)
Liked: 4376
Quote:
Originally Posted by FattyMcButterPants View Post
Out of curiosity, have you guys noticed any constants that lead to the blow ups?
Yeah…Irritating people!
Old 07-15-2015, 07:48 PM
Toe

Quote:
Yep, that's why I'm looking forward to you getting your gear. I'm really interested in reading your impressions.

You're right, you never know... and until you get the gear in your home there's just no way of knowing. That's one thing that often get's ignored, the room. It plays such a huge role in the way the HT sounds.

I'm starting to turn my attention towards doing some treatments, at least at the first reflection point for the speakers. I've come to the conclusion that my room is challenging. It's odd shaped, it's large and it has too much glass. But I still enjoy the way my system sounds.
No doubt. I only have basic room treatment in the form of first reflection panels and bass traps, but just those basic additions made a significant difference in the overall sound. Plastering all the black velvet all over my room for video purposes must have some effect to some degree on the sound as well since my very live type room has definitely deadened up (which it needed) from all I have done. My room is far from perfect, but I am generally happy with it and it is much better than before the treatments went up.
Old 07-15-2015, 07:57 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 1411 Post(s)
Liked: 1293
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrown15 View Post
I think the name calling could be left out of your post, if you're not careful a mod might have a thing or two to say to you.
Didn't see any name calling in your quote of Toe.

Besides Tristian or whatever his handle is has been trolling these forums a while now. Same thing, different forum.

He/she is a troll plain and simple.
Toe, Mike Butny, Billy p and 2 others like this.

Klipsch RF-62II, RC-500, RS-400, SVS PC12+,
Def Tech SC8000
Harman Kardon AVR 1600
PS3, Apple TV, Sharp 70" Qattron
Old 07-15-2015, 08:00 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 2523 Post(s)
Liked: 1993
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kini62 View Post

Besides Tristian or whatever his handle is has been trolling these forums a while now. Same thing, different forum.

Has he? Okay, still no reason for that kind of posting. People need to relax a little. I didn't realize everyone was still in high school with all this drama.
Old 07-15-2015, 08:04 PM
It is what it is

Mentioned: 60 Post(s)
Quoted: 1860 Post(s)
Liked: 1915
Wont be long this will be the Power Sound Days of Our Lives thread.
Old 07-15-2015, 08:06 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 2523 Post(s)
Liked: 1993
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molon_Labe View Post
Wont be long this will be the Power Sound Days of Our Lives thread.

Like sands through the hourglass these are the days of our lives......lol
Old 07-15-2015, 08:09 PM
It is what it is

Quote:
Telling our age....
Old 07-15-2015, 08:11 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 219 Post(s)
Liked: 305
Quote:
Originally Posted by tristian0507 View Post
Why garbage? I asked a legit question and I was getting different answers. And even the answers I got weren't clear enough atleast to my understanding. Then I compared the 2 subs which had allot in common. People kept saying, he could do this, but won't because this. As a sales aspect it didn't make sense. I wasn't trying to insult the guy just trying to understand. This thread seems to be to sensative when there is a product out there that can be better then the one offered. I'm just trying to see what's better, what is wrong with that.
PSA is not your company, and their reasons for how they rate the ICE amp don't have to make sense to you. Tom explained his reasons to you several times, even though he really owes you no explanation at all.

Accept the explanation and move on.

My humble system:

Vizio E601I-A3; Darbee Darblet; Pioneer Elite BDP-62FD universal blu-ray player; Pioneer Elite SC-67 AVR, Dual PSA XS15se's; Monitor Audio Silver RX-6 mains, RX center, and RX surrounds; Home-built HTPC (Xeon E1230, 16gb RAM, Crucial M500 480gb SSD, Radeon R280, Corsair CX600, CoolerMaster mini-ITX case)
Old 07-15-2015, 08:12 PM

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 3543 Post(s)
Liked: 3514
Quote:
Off topic but. One of my very good friends has a large roll on days.

And the best part about it is my mother and nana have watched it since its first episode in the 60's. They can't beleive I am friends with him hahah
oneeyeblind and audiofan1 like this.

Last edited by Brian Fineberg; 07-15-2015 at 08:27 PM.
Old 07-15-2015, 08:18 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Yeah…Irritating people!
Yeah that could be.

I've just been thinking about it recently and it used to just be one guy a few years ago, now it's a few different ones, and the guy today is brand new lol.

Just wondering if there are any other constants that can be addressed to prevent this in the future. Irritating people will always exist, but they can't fight with themselves.

Just thinking out loud.
Old 07-15-2015, 08:20 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 1495 Post(s)
Liked: 1596
This thread is expanding to many more interesting and active folks, it's really taking off, I can't take all this excitement, I think I'll go somewhere really boring..........
Old 07-15-2015, 08:30 PM
Toe

Quote:
Has he? Okay, still no reason for that kind of posting. People need to relax a little. I didn't realize everyone was still in high school with all this drama.
You're thinking of Facebook. This isn't nearly as bad. When the same guy continually derails this owners thread, I feel it is fully warranted to call it out for what it is......trolling. If you had followed this particular poster, you would understand.
ahblaza likes this.
Old 07-15-2015, 08:32 PM
It is what it is

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Fineberg View Post

And the best part about it is my mother and nana have watched it since its first episode in the 60's. They can't beleive I am friends with him hahah
Wow, its still on. I remember it back in the 80s and my mom watching in the 70s when I was a little whipper snapper.
Mike Butny and oneeyeblind like this.
Old 07-15-2015, 08:37 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 1495 Post(s)
Liked: 1596
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Fineberg View Post

Be careful Brian, I watched the first episode of the three stooges, well maybe not the first but close...........

Cheers Jeffrey
Mike Butny, oneeyeblind and gbreda like this.
Old 07-15-2015, 09:08 PM

Mentioned: 64 Post(s)
Quoted: 179 Post(s)
Liked: 5204
Ignore feature works great! I only had to read few posts to get through 3 pages.
Toe, mnc, oneeyeblind and 4 others like this.

Getting Started with REW: A Step by Step Guide -->http://www.roomeqwizard.com/REWhelp.pdf

Mini DSP Tutorial by Neutro --> http://www.avsforum.com/forum/113-su...g-minidsp.html
Old 07-15-2015, 10:06 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NICKTENN View Post
I'm interested in seeing the response to this and how it applies to the S3000i.
Came across this and it piqued my interest. I know amp ratings in full on sub systems mean very little, but can someone explain how the single driver and amp module PSA subs (v1500 and s1500 for example) are rated to 725w, but the dual driver, dual amp module s3000i is rated to 1700w (1700/2= 850)? Seems like it should be 1450w? No?

High level overview is fine, I don't want to bog down the thread with the nitty gritty or some sort of goofy, drama laden argument.
Old 07-15-2015, 10:12 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kini62 View Post
Quote:
I think the name calling could be left out of your post, if you're not careful a mod might have a thing or two to say to you.

Why do you think you have the right to call me a name. When I've been pretty civil with my concerns and questions. Plus wasn't name calling a no no in this thread. I'm not a troll or a fanboy. I like to think my brain expands a little more then, nevermind. All i did was ask questions, when I pressed some more that's when peoples blood pressure went up. See I like cars in general, I don't like to stick to one brand. I like to keep my options open, can I ask what's wrong with that? Same applies here with the PSA v1800 and RA echo 18. I like both companies/subs and I'm trying to justify the differences.
Old 07-15-2015, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by basshead81 View Post
Ignore feature works great! I only had to read few posts to get through 3 pages.
Hey buddy I was wondering when you were going to show up. Any thoughts ? Btw I'm joking. I really want to hear your thought on the echo 18 vs v1800. Figured I ask since your the man with all the answers.
Old 07-15-2015, 10:29 PM

Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 69
Quote:
Hey buddy I was wondering when you were going to show up. Any thoughts ? Btw I'm joking. I really want to hear your thought on the echo 18 vs v1800. Figured I ask since your the man with all the answers.
the v1800 is in preorder so, no body has one to compare. If your that on the fence about it, order both and send the one you dont like back, simple as that.
audiofan1 likes this.
Old 07-15-2015, 11:06 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 330 Post(s)
Liked: 588
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molon_Labe View Post
Wow, its still on. I remember it back in the 80s and my mom watching in the 70s when I was a little whipper snapper.
I know I may take heat for this but I watched General Hospital in the early to mid 80's, I blame my Mom for this

Equipment List: Benq W6000, Darbee DVP-5000S Video Processor, JKP Affinity 100 inch 16x9 .9 gain reference screen, Marantz SR7009 Receiver, 3-Marantz Ma700 and 2-Ma6100 mono blocks, 9.2 set-up, B&W Nautilus 805 front speakers, B&W Nautilus HTM2 center speaker, Infinity ( soon to be replaced by B&W ) bookshelf Atmos Speakers, Mirage HDT-R side speakers, Jamo THX surround one rear speakers, PSA S3600I & XS30SE subs, Richard Grey, Monster Power, and Panamax powerline conditioning/surge protection.
Old 07-15-2015, 11:16 PM

Mentioned: 64 Post(s)
Quoted: 179 Post(s)
Liked: 5204
Quote:
Originally Posted by FattyMcButterPants View Post
Came across this and it piqued my interest. I know amp ratings in full on sub systems mean very little, but can someone explain how the single driver and amp module PSA subs (v1500 and s1500 for example) are rated to 725w, but the dual driver, dual amp module s3000i is rated to 1700w (1700/2= 850)? Seems like it should be 1450w? No?

High level overview is fine, I don't want to bog down the thread with the nitty gritty or some sort of goofy, drama laden argument.
I believe it has to do with how the driver(s) are loading the amp(ohms of resistance). Also if I remember correctly, the 3000i drivers are designed to handle the increased power and have a lower impedence which extracts a little more power out of the Ice module.

Getting Started with REW: A Step by Step Guide -->http://www.roomeqwizard.com/REWhelp.pdf

Mini DSP Tutorial by Neutro --> http://www.avsforum.com/forum/113-su...g-minidsp.html
Old 07-16-2015, 01:27 AM

Peoples you guys need to relax. We are talking about electronics noting more noting less. Why so much tension. Why is your blood pressure going up. I don't think wanting to throw me off this thread or avs is good for anyone. Is there anyone out there that thinks the echo 18 is a better value then the v1800? And I'm not trying to start anything or keep repeating the same thing over and over as some have stated. Just based on specs, isn't it a better value. I just can't justify the the difference. Here is a side note, my first choice was PSA all the way. Didn't know much about RA, but as I kept reading they seem to be legit. The components that are going into there subs are very good. Customer service seems to be a #1 concern there also. Then there is the warrantee difference, well they seem to fix that. So what did that leave me with, price and specs. The more I asked questions the more I was drawn to RA. So question is why PSA and not RA? What will i get from PSA that I wouldn't get from RA. No offense but they seem to be the best bang for the buck (echo 18 vs v1800 and even the gamma 218 vs i3000s). Be nice with your responses cause when your not it makes me think PSA is not for me.
Old 07-16-2015, 01:46 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 256 Post(s)
Liked: 466
Quote:
Originally Posted by basshead81 View Post
I believe it has to do with how the driver(s) are loading the amp(ohms of resistance). Also if I remember correctly, the 3000i drivers are designed to handle the increased power and have a lower impedence which extracts a little more power out of the Ice module.
It wouldn't surprise me if there are different versions of the Eminence 18 for each sub (V1800, V3600, T-18) to deal with the different power, and enclosure difference.

ShaunH
Old 07-16-2015, 01:50 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 1650 Post(s)
Liked: 1664
Quote:
Peoples you guys need to relax. We are talking about electronics noting more noting less. Why so much tension. Why is your blood pressure going up. I don't think wanting to throw me off this thread or avs is good for anyone. Is there anyone out there that thinks the echo 18 is a better value then the v1800? And I'm not trying to start anything or keep repeating the same thing over and over as some have stated. Just based on specs, isn't it a better value. I just can't justify the the difference. Here is a side note, my first choice was PSA all the way. Didn't know much about RA, but as I kept reading they seem to be legit. The components that are going into there subs are very good. Customer service seems to be a #1 concern there also. Then there is the warrantee difference, well they seem to fix that. So what did that leave me with, price and specs. The more I asked questions the more I was drawn to RA. So question is why PSA and not RA? What will i get from PSA that I wouldn't get from RA. No offense but they seem to be the best bang for the buck (echo 18 vs v1800 and even the gamma 218 vs i3000s). Be nice with your responses cause when your not it makes me think PSA is not for me.

It may be time to start a thread to answer your specific questions It seems you've narrowed down your choices to two manufacture's and seeing they both meet your criteria , perhaps its time to make your own decision and pony up and try one as you can send it back and try the other.

I have no dog in this fight but Its really not cool to keep derailing a dedicated thread especially after so many tried to help you out. I'm sure even you can see the havoc its caused, it can be fun for a while but others may be interested in PSA products and they deserve a fair shot at there inquiries as well!

good luck on your search
Toe, oneeyeblind, ebonyant and 1 others like this.
Old 07-16-2015, 03:39 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 1035 Post(s)
Liked: 2273

lots of reports received

Please limit posts to the thread title...or move on

thanks
Phil1975m likes this.

please take the high road in every post:do not respond to or quote a problematic post: report it
HDMI.org:what a mess
HDCP = Hollywood's Draconian Copy Protection system
Old 07-16-2015, 04:39 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 256 Post(s)
Liked: 466
@Toe , I forget if you mentioned it. But are you going to sell your old gear or move it into another room when you PSA stuff arrives.

ShaunH
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
Denon Avr 3313ci Receiver , Denon Avr 4520ci Receiver , Denon Avr X4000 7 2 Channel Home Theater Receiver , Power Sound Audio , Power Sound Audio Triax , Room Equilizer Wizard Rew , v1500 , V3600i , Velodyne Sms 1 In Room Bass Correction Kit With Included Microphone , Xs30 , Xv15