Official Power Sound Audio Subwoofer Thread - Page 716 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 8645Likes

post #21451 of 21474 Old Yesterday, 01:17 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked: 73
Dual core anti-mode ordered today - w00t

Thanks Tom.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #21452 of 21474 Old Yesterday, 01:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 210 Post(s)
Liked: 1125
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnc View Post
@tom_v odhanel , since you guys seem to coming out with a new model every other month, could an S3600i be next?
Don't feed my sickness man.
gbreda likes this.

Onkyo TX-NR3009 - Emotiva XPA-2 300 WPC - Polk Audio RTiA9 Mains - CSiA6 Center - F/XiA6 Surrounds - Dual PSA XV-15se Subwoofers - Epson 5030UB Projector - Monoprice Multi-format 106" HD Gray screen - Samsung BD-F5900 3D Bluray - WDTV Live HD Media Player with 6TB External Storage - Nintendo Wii - XBox 360 - Logitech Harmony One, and custom DIY media console...
post #21453 of 21474 Old Yesterday, 02:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 599 Post(s)
Liked: 1602
This thread has been quiet lately so I thought I would take this lull in the action to post a quick update on the V3600i now that I have had it for about 4 weeks or so and have had time to really listen to it after getting it dialed in.

Last night I watched Elysium. I haven't seen it in a while but I remembered it had some good bass. It's not a 5 star bass movie by any means but watching it with a V3600 in the mix took the movie to a whole new level of intensity. When you do watch a 5 star bass flick such as the Incredible Hulk you get your a$$ handed to you by the sheer output of V3600. It's pretty spectacular to behold. As a side note… I think some of my ribs may have been broken in the viewing of the Hulk.

So all in all, my first impression of the V3600 continues to be confirmed. It simply pressurizes a room, engulfing you in bass. Sometimes it feels like you are swimming in a sea of Low Frequency Effects… and that's a good thing.

I've also been spending a little more time listening to music. I've been paying closer attention to how it does since some of you guys have mentioned that you prefer sealed subs for music. This really got me thinking so I decided to pay closer attention. And again, I still maintain what I originally reported, the V3600 does a great job with critical music listening.

However, I'm not trying to say that those of you who prefer sealed subs for music are wrong, I'm just noting that PSA ported subs do a fine job with music. Perhaps if I had a S3000i sitting next to the V3600i and switched back and forth between them I would notice a slight difference in SQ but I can't do that so I have no way of knowing. But I do know that in my room the bass from the V3600 is very tight and clean and does justice to the music I listen to.

I didn't expect things to change after the rush of receiving the new sub wore off but it's still worth noting that my early infatuation with it has not subsided.
Toe, Alan P, Mike Butny and 4 others like this.

Last edited by Hopinater; Yesterday at 03:46 PM.
post #21454 of 21474 Old Yesterday, 03:25 PM

Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopinater View Post
This thread has been quiet lately so I thought I would take this lull in the action to post a quick update on the V3600i now that I have had it for about 4 weeks or so and have had time to really listen to it after getting it dialed in.

Last night I watched Elysium. I haven't seen it in a while but I remembered it had some good bass. It's not a 5 star bass movie by any means but watching it with a V3600 in the mix took the movie to a whole new level of intensity. When you do watch a 5 star bass flick such as the Incredible Hulk you get your a$$ handed to you by the sheer output of V3600. It's pretty spectacular to behold. As a side note… I think some of my ribs may have been broken in the viewing of the Hulk.

So all in all, my first impression of the V3600 continues to be confirmed. It simply pressurizes a room, engulfing you in bass. Sometimes it feels like you are swimming in a sea of Low Frequency Effects… and that's a good thing.

I've also been spending a little more time listening to music. I've been paying closer attention to how it does since some of you guys have mentioned that you prefer sealed subs for music. This really got me thinking so I decided to pay closer attention. And again, I still maintain what I originally reported, the V3600 does a great job with critical music listening.

However, I'm not trying to say that those of you who prefer sealed subs for music are wrong, I'm just noting that PSA ported subs do a fine job with music. Perhaps if I had a S3000i sitting next to the V3600i and switched back and forth between them I would notice a slight difference in SQ but I can't do that so I have no way of knowing. But I do know that in my room the bass from the V3600 is very tight and clean and does justice to the music I listen to.

I didn't expect things to change after the rush of receiving the new sub wore off but it's still worth noting that my early infatuation with it has not subsided.
How much longer before you have twin 3600s?
post #21455 of 21474 Old Yesterday, 03:41 PM

Quoted: 183 Post(s)
Liked: 244
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vodhanel View Post
Busy with V3600i orders? No, why do you ask..

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio
i think one of those is mine.

i went out and bought a new swim suit the other day.....can't wait to be swimming in ULF like hop said. lol.
lizrussspike and Hopinater like this.
post #21456 of 21474 Old Yesterday, 03:57 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vodhanel View Post
Hi lizrussspike,

Do you mind if I copy/paste this to our testimonial page and facebook?

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio
Tom,
Sorry taking so long to get back to you. Of course you can copy and paste and put it up in PSA!!! Also, thanks for the direction on the V3600. I will attempt to recalibrate tomorrow night, and leave the V3600 a little bit higher. Did enjoy the shells being projected out of the FURY tank this afternoon, as well as the tracks grinding and turning on the Tiger tank!! SO many movies to re-watch, so little time
Hopinater likes this.

Marantz SR7008, Emotiva XPA5,PSA V3600I,Dual PSA XV15SE's
PS3 Phat, PS3 Slim, Sony BDP-370,Toshiba HD-A2
Polk Monitor 70's,Polk CSiA6,Polk R50's,Polk F/XiA4's,Polk OWM3's,
Sharp 60 LED 640U,Optoma HD25-LV,Belkin PureAV Home Theater Console
post #21457 of 21474 Old Yesterday, 03:58 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 82
Quote:

This last weekend, my friends and I did exactly that - A/B switching with single and then dual S3000i and then added the V3600i in the mix. Two of us much preferred the sealed sound as it was more revealing to both music and movies in terms of detail. Assuming your source is sufficient (we were using 24/48+ FLAC audio files for this demo) , there was a pretty distinct sound difference between the V3600i and the S3000i. Another friend enjoyed the V3600i so much, I wish I had it on video! It was absolutely hilarious to see his reaction. Among many "French" words and about a thousand "OMG!" spoken to verbalize his jubilation, I haven't seen a face like that since kids opening presents on Christmas morning. He may need to buy my other friend need a new couch...

My third friend really enjoyed the 'laid back' response of the V3600i. He termed it as "mellow, relaxed, but still extremely musical and responsive when it needed to be". He says the S3000i was, "too detailed - almost too revealing and critical making it exhaustive to listen to for longer sessions." We kind of both agreed that it was the similar sense in how fatiguing I find Klipsch horns to be, but in this case, the subwoofer. As they say, different strokes for different folks!

It just goes to show that everyone likes different sound. No matter how much we like something, it just may not be the best fit for everyone else. That said, I'm really happy to be a part of the PSA experience and hearing their product line first-hand.

Travis
post #21458 of 21474 Old Yesterday, 04:04 PM

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Quote:

Hop you nailed it! Engulfed is exactly how I felt Saturday night watching numerous scenes, the LFE just consumes you while you are watching the scene in AWE!
Hopinater likes this.

Marantz SR7008, Emotiva XPA5,PSA V3600I,Dual PSA XV15SE's
PS3 Phat, PS3 Slim, Sony BDP-370,Toshiba HD-A2
Polk Monitor 70's,Polk CSiA6,Polk R50's,Polk F/XiA4's,Polk OWM3's,
Sharp 60 LED 640U,Optoma HD25-LV,Belkin PureAV Home Theater Console
post #21459 of 21474 Old Yesterday, 06:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 768 Post(s)
Liked: 678
Hey Jim, are you talking about the original Hulk or the second one, it's been so long since I watched either of them but would like to watch it over again. Correct me if I'm wrong, The Hulk is the first one and The Incredible Hulk is the second one? TIA

Cheers Jeffrey
post #21460 of 21474 Old Yesterday, 07:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahblaza View Post
Hey Jim, are you talking about the original Hulk or the second one, it's been so long since I watched either of them but would like to watch it over again. Correct me if I'm wrong, The Hulk is the first one and The Incredible Hulk is the second one? TIA

Cheers Jeffrey
Jeff, I believe you are right regarding the titles. I am talking about the second one (2008 I think) version. You really need to watch it. I highly recommend it.
ahblaza likes this.
post #21461 of 21474 Old Yesterday, 07:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molon_Labe View Post
How much longer before you have twin 3600s?
If only I could fit a second one in the room. The only place I could put it seems to have absolutely horrible interaction with my room. REW showed three separate nulls between 30 Hz and 80 Hz when I tried running my XV15se in that location along with the V3600.
ahblaza likes this.
post #21462 of 21474 Old Yesterday, 07:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Thanks Jim, I'll see if Amazon has it, I may as well get both so I'll know that I got the right one.
post #21463 of 21474 Old Yesterday, 07:45 PM
Toe
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 795 Post(s)
Liked: 995
Quote:
Originally Posted by k1n3t1k View Post
This last weekend, my friends and I did exactly that - A/B switching with single and then dual S3000i and then added the V3600i in the mix. Two of us much preferred the sealed sound as it was more revealing to both music and movies in terms of detail. Assuming your source is sufficient (we were using 24/48+ FLAC audio files for this demo) , there was a pretty distinct sound difference between the V3600i and the S3000i. Another friend enjoyed the V3600i so much, I wish I had it on video! It was absolutely hilarious to see his reaction. Among many "French" words and about a thousand "OMG!" spoken to verbalize his jubilation, I haven't seen a face like that since kids opening presents on Christmas morning. He may need to buy my other friend need a new couch...

My third friend really enjoyed the 'laid back' response of the V3600i. He termed it as "mellow, relaxed, but still extremely musical and responsive when it needed to be". He says the S3000i was, "too detailed - almost too revealing and critical making it exhaustive to listen to for longer sessions." We kind of both agreed that it was the similar sense in how fatiguing I find Klipsch horns to be, but in this case, the subwoofer. As they say, different strokes for different folks!

It just goes to show that everyone likes different sound. No matter how much we like something, it just may not be the best fit for everyone else. That said, I'm really happy to be a part of the PSA experience and hearing their product line first-hand.

Travis
Very interesting and thanks for sharing that! Goes to show just how subjective sound can be as you mention.

JVC 3D: Been there, done that, bought a DLP
post #21464 of 21474 Old Yesterday, 07:47 PM
Toe
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 795 Post(s)
Liked: 995
Quote:
Thanks Jim, I'll see if Amazon has it, I may as well get both so I'll know that I got the right one.
No need to get both! The one you want is The Incredible Hulk with Edward Norton. Arguably still the best bass film ever.

JVC 3D: Been there, done that, bought a DLP
post #21465 of 21474 Old Yesterday, 08:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toe View Post
No need to get both! The one you want is The Incredible Hulk with Edward Norton. Arguably still the best bass film ever.
On the way home.......with Ed Norton and the honeymooners......... Just ordered from Amazon, be here Wednesday....
Toe and Hopinater like this.
post #21466 of 21474 Old Yesterday, 08:57 PM

Quoted: 251 Post(s)
Liked: 110
Quote:
On the way home.......with Ed Norton and the honeymooners......... Just ordered from Amazon, be here Wednesday....
Wow, I am surprised that you don't have The Incredible Hulk. It is LOUD and DEEP.

If you have seen Godzilla, Pacific Rim, or Interstellar, you would know they are loud but not much going on below 30 Hz.

I would say it is on the similar level with War of the Worlds.
ahblaza likes this.

Panasonic TC-P55UT50
Pioneer SC-1222-K
Polk Audio LSiM 703/LSiM 706c/RTiA3
JTR Captivator 1400
post #21467 of 21474 Old Today, 07:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Buckle up!
ahblaza likes this.
post #21468 of 21474 Old Today, 09:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 118 Post(s)
Liked: 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by k1n3t1k View Post

Travis
Wonder if you did blind A/B switching with properly Room EQed subs would you hear a difference, most threads I have read showed most people can't tell the difference to properly set up subs.
oneeyeblind and ahblaza like this.

Panasonic 65VT60
Denon x7200WA
Oppo BD-103
Klipsch RP-280F / RC-62ii / RS-35 / RS-25
SVS PC13-Ultra
post #21469 of 21474 Old Today, 10:23 AM

Quoted: 128 Post(s)
Liked: 77
Quote:

Thatls awesome, Hop! Did you get a chance to run compression sweeps on the v3600 yet? Curious to see what kind of output you're getting from that beast.
ahblaza likes this.

Sony HW40ES + 106" AT screen | Denon X4000 + Klipsch RF82ii LCR + Axiom QS8 x 4 + HSU VTF15hmk2 + Klipsch SW115
post #21470 of 21474 Old Today, 04:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lz7j View Post
Thatls awesome, Hop! Did you get a chance to run compression sweeps on the v3600 yet? Curious to see what kind of output you're getting from that beast.
That is next on my list of things to do. Just need to get around to it.
ahblaza likes this.
post #21471 of 21474 Old Today, 05:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Is it me or looking at the FR charts on the web site the V1500 is flatter lower than the V1800 which seems to start rolling off around 22-23Hz vs V1500 around 17-18Hz? I know it is just being nit picky, but just curious.

Panasonic 65VT60
Denon x7200WA
Oppo BD-103
SVS PC13-Ultra
post #21472 of 21474 Old Today, 06:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked: 2527
I think your eyes are playing tricks on you. The both are +/-3db from 16-200hz.

Getting Started with REW: A Step by Step Guide --> http://www.mediafire.com/view/aolmz2..._101_v3.92.pdf

Mini DSP Tutorial by Neutro --> http://www.avsforum.com/forum/113-su...g-minidsp.html
post #21473 of 21474 Old Today, 06:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Could be, but when you pull them up the V1800 crosses below 90db at 20hz and the V1500 drops below 90db at around 17Hz, granted the V1500 appears to be a db higher at 100Hz. V1500 FR just looks flatter. Again nothing audible, just being my anal ocd self.

Panasonic 65VT60
Denon x7200WA
Oppo BD-103
SVS PC13-Ultra
post #21474 of 21474 Old Today, 08:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucky7 View Post
Wow, I am surprised that you don't have The Incredible Hulk. It is LOUD and DEEP.

If you have seen Godzilla, Pacific Rim, or Interstellar, you would know they are loud but not much going on below 30 Hz.

I would say it is on the similar level with War of the Worlds.
Yeah seriously I don't know why either, I have all the other titles above and WOTW is one of my favorites. One of my favs as well is Terminator Salvation. I don't know how I missed the 2008 Hulk, as I'm a Marvel Comic book junkie ever since I was a child, I have original issues of almost all of the characters. I got upset when the prices went from 10 cents to 12........

The original HulK with Lou Ferrigno was also my favorite TV show. Well I'll have the Incredible Hulk playing tomorrow.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Xs30 , Velodyne Sms 1 In Room Bass Correction Kit With Included Microphone , Denon Avr 3313ci Receiver , Denon Avr 4520ci Receiver , Power Sound Audio , Xv15 , Power Sound Audio Triax , Room Equilizer Wizard Rew , Denon Avr X4000 7 2 Channel Home Theater Receiver
Gear in this thread