Official Power Sound Audio Subwoofer Thread - Page 721 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!



Forum Jump: 
 17087Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #21601 of 27550 Old 08-06-2015, 03:15 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Tom Vodhanel's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2,824
Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1344 Post(s)
Liked: 3771
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoelessjake View Post
Hello all PSA owners,

I just joined the club with the v1500, Thanks Tom! Now I have my fronts and a sub, just need to start getting the surrounds and center. Well, when I get some more funding together.
You couldn't be more welcome Shoeless! We shipped 3 or 4 V1500s yesterday so I'm not sure when yours is scheduled to arrive but be sure to keep me kn the loop during the initial setup and calibration process.

Thanks!

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio
oneeyeblind and ahblaza like this.
Tom Vodhanel is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #21602 of 27550 Old 08-06-2015, 05:31 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Hopinater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Central VA
Posts: 3,991
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1349 Post(s)
Liked: 3371
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoelessjake View Post
Hello all PSA owners,

I just joined the club with the v1500, Thanks Tom! Now I have my fronts and a sub, just need to start getting the surrounds and center. Well, when I get some more funding together.
Hey shoeless…I think you are in for a treat. Congratulations and welcome to the fun!
ahblaza likes this.
Hopinater is online now  
post #21603 of 27550 Old 08-06-2015, 05:46 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Hopinater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Central VA
Posts: 3,991
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1349 Post(s)
Liked: 3371
Quote:
Originally Posted by digler84 View Post
Hey all,

I just wanted to drop a quick thank you to Tom and Jim for their hospitality and great conversation yesterday. I live close, so I took the drive up to their facility to pick up my new 3600i. Let me tell everyone, Tom and Jim are great guys for sure....it's not just a nice act for the internet. They showed me around the shop and i got to see first hand just how busy they are...so many pieces and parts awaiting construction. It was also really cool and helpful to see everything in person as far as size goes. The pics on the net just make it difficult to interpret the actual size. And, boy, did that hit home when i saw my 3600i! When i first walked in i noticed it covered in plastic, and i would have swore there were two under there, lol. it is truly a beast of a sub....both size and weight wise....but man does it look impressive in the corner of my room! Anyway, I will post pics later, but mainly wanted to thank Tom and Jim again for putting up with me. After i left, i sorta felt like i got in the way of your productivity for the day, so sorry if that was the case. I hope i wasn't too annoying asking to see the different models, but it was very helpful with my future plans. To sum it up, great company with two of the nicest guys i've done business with. It's not a dog and pony show, these guys are genuine and really put the customer first.


Thanks again guys.
That's awesome. I'm looking forward to hearing what you think of that new sub of yours.

Dig... I'm not surprised at all by what you shared above. I experienced the exact same as you when I picked up my V3600. Tom and Jim were busy working when I showed up but they stopped what they were doing, gave me a tour and stood around and talked with me for almost an hour. And not once did they let on that they were super busy and needed to get back to work. They were gracious and friendly and patiently answered every question I had. Exactly as you describe.

I can't think of anyone I have ever done business with that even comes close to treating their customers as good as Tom and Jim do. I know we repeat that a lot on these threads but it's worth repeating.

Dig…hurry up and post some pics of that new V3600.
oneeyeblind, ahblaza and dsrussell like this.
Hopinater is online now  
post #21604 of 27550 Old 08-06-2015, 05:51 PM
AVS Special Member
 
bear123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: PA
Posts: 4,683
Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1513 Post(s)
Liked: 2187
Quote:
Originally Posted by kluken View Post
Will do, thanks as always. You know my issue with S3000i is the opposing drivers and having the amp and connections on the side, I want to put the subs on either side of my media credenza. That's why I was hoping for a S1800 ;-)

Not far from Ohio? I am in Atlanta, that seems far enough
Don't rule out putting the subs where they should go in order to get any benefit out of dual subs as well.
oneeyeblind and ahblaza like this.
bear123 is offline  
post #21605 of 27550 Old 08-06-2015, 06:05 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 1,434
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 287 Post(s)
Liked: 263
Quote:
Originally Posted by bear123 View Post
Don't rule out putting the subs where they should go in order to get any benefit out of dual subs as well.
Well the problem is a compromise between leaving the subs corner loaded and front speakers too close together or bring the subs inward to each side of the credenza to allow the front speakers to be pushed wider. I will likely try both setups to see what sounds best.

Panasonic 65VT60
Denon x7200WA
Oppo BD-103
Klipsch RP-280F / RC-62ii / RS-35 / RS-25
Dual PSA V1800s
kluken is offline  
post #21606 of 27550 Old 08-06-2015, 07:55 PM
Advanced Member
 
digler84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 659
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 334 Post(s)
Liked: 551
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopinater View Post
That's awesome. I'm looking forward to hearing what you think of that new sub of yours.

Dig... I'm not surprised at all by what you shared above. I experienced the exact same as you when I picked up my V3600. Tom and Jim were busy working when I showed up but they stopped what they were doing, gave me a tour and stood around and talked with me for almost an hour. And not once did they let on that they were super busy and needed to get back to work. They were gracious and friendly and patiently answered every question I had. Exactly as you describe.

I can't think of anyone I have ever done business with that even comes close to treating their customers as good as Tom and Jim do. I know we repeat that a lot on these threads but it's worth repeating.

Dig…hurry up and post some pics of that new V3600.
Still working on calibration with audyssey. By the time I lugged it in my house by myself (let me confirm that this beast is built solid and quite heavy) and then got it placed in it's new spot, it was sorta late already. I ran an initial quick setup, and thought I had audyssey maxed out, so i backed the gain down a bit and re-ran all 8 spots. when i went to select the option to review, i accidentally clicked cancel. boy was i mad! so i ran it again for all 8 spots and pretty sure i had the gain way too low. it was pretty late at that point so i stopped. yesterday was my daughter's birthday and took her to dinner right after work....another day without being able to dial it in. tonight i promised to take them to fantastic 4, so no adjustments tonight either. i'm hoping tomorrow if i can get out of work on time to take care of it and then i will give a full write up. i will say that even in the current setup it is equal to the output of my dual xv15's, and right now the gain is maybe at 1/4 if that. more details soon...sorry for the delays but my baby girl comes first.
ahblaza and Hopinater like this.
digler84 is online now  
post #21607 of 27550 Old 08-06-2015, 08:16 PM
AVS Special Member
 
ahblaza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Pittsburgh Steeler Country
Posts: 2,144
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1196 Post(s)
Liked: 1205
@Hop , it's worth repeating how well Tom and Jim treat their customers before, during and after the sale. I can't say that enough, seriously. How about that projected shipping date for the V1800s (first week of August) starts tomorrow, just as predicted, now that's a business model to run with............ I forgot that Jim offered to buy me dinner about a year ago (as I planned on going down there), anyway he just reminded me yesterday that he didn't forget about that dinner... I did...

My 110s will be here tomorrow, subs Monday...I still have my 210s sitting here not boxed up to ship, if someone doesn't buy them soon I may have to start breaking walls down and make the whole bottom floor of my house wall to wall drivers

Jim I'm going to need your help and others who have the ICE amps, Jim emailed the owners manual to me for the ICE amps a while ago but I don't have any hands on experience with them yet, so the questions will be coming, I'm not shy when it comes to asking for help even though I know it all.......

OK, it's getting late and I have to get up some time tomorrow Before I go though, I saw two quotes today that I have to share with my friends here:

Jeez, spend some money before you fall off your wallet and hurt yourself.

Once you’ve ruined your reputation, you can live quite freely.​

Cheers Jeffrey
majek 60 likes this.
ahblaza is offline  
post #21608 of 27550 Old 08-06-2015, 08:32 PM
AVS Special Member
 
bear123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: PA
Posts: 4,683
Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1513 Post(s)
Liked: 2187
Quote:
Originally Posted by kluken View Post
Well the problem is a compromise between leaving the subs corner loaded and front speakers too close together or bring the subs inward to each side of the credenza to allow the front speakers to be pushed wider. I will likely try both setups to see what sounds best.
Maybe your room will not allow other placement options, but symmetrical placement up front like we do with our main speakers is not always a good option for getting a good response from dual subs. It might be though, so if that is your only option, good luck.
Alan P, ahblaza, climber07 and 1 others like this.
bear123 is offline  
post #21609 of 27550 Old 08-06-2015, 08:59 PM
AVS Special Member
 
climber07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,061
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 293 Post(s)
Liked: 1263
Quote:
Originally Posted by bear123 View Post
Maybe your room will not allow other placement options, but symmetrical placement up front like we do with our main speakers is not always a good option for getting a good response from dual subs. It might be though, so if that is your only option, good luck.
It definitely was not good in my room. They cancelled each other out almost completely.

Onkyo TX-NR3009 - Emotiva XPA-2 300 WPC - Polk Audio RTiA9 Mains - CSiA6 Center - F/XiA6 Surrounds - Dual PSA XV-15se Subwoofers - Epson 5030UB Projector - Monoprice Multi-format 106" HD Gray screen - Samsung BD-F5900 3D Bluray - WDTV Live HD Media Player with 6TB External Storage - Nintendo Wii - XBox 360 - Logitech Harmony One, and custom DIY media console...
climber07 is online now  
post #21610 of 27550 Old 08-07-2015, 04:12 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 1,434
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 287 Post(s)
Liked: 263
Quote:
Originally Posted by bear123 View Post
Maybe your room will not allow other placement options, but symmetrical placement up front like we do with our main speakers is not always a good option for getting a good response from dual subs. It might be though, so if that is your only option, good luck.
That may be true, that is why I will do various tests. Based on some great conversation with Tom, I will likely try dual S1500s and if that does not cut it then either single or dual V1800. The beauty of 30 trial periods.

Panasonic 65VT60
Denon x7200WA
Oppo BD-103
Klipsch RP-280F / RC-62ii / RS-35 / RS-25
Dual PSA V1800s
kluken is offline  
post #21611 of 27550 Old 08-07-2015, 06:54 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Tom Vodhanel's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2,824
Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1344 Post(s)
Liked: 3771
Quote:
Originally Posted by kluken View Post
Well the problem is a compromise between leaving the subs corner loaded and front speakers too close together or bring the subs inward to each side of the credenza to allow the front speakers to be pushed wider. I will likely try both setups to see what sounds best.
With XT32 and HT SUB EQ on hand I bet both of these placement options end up sounding very good. Just be sure to re-check the speaker settings after Audyssey is finished to ensure all speakers are set to small/80-100hz. Also, it wouldn't hurt to experiment with the "distance tweak" as time allow.

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio
Tom Vodhanel is offline  
post #21612 of 27550 Old 08-07-2015, 09:17 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Alan P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 7,735
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3660 Post(s)
Liked: 2428
Quote:
Originally Posted by digler84 View Post
Still working on calibration with audyssey. By the time I lugged it in my house by myself (let me confirm that this beast is built solid and quite heavy) and then got it placed in it's new spot, it was sorta late already. I ran an initial quick setup, and thought I had audyssey maxed out, so i backed the gain down a bit and re-ran all 8 spots. when i went to select the option to review, i accidentally clicked cancel. boy was i mad! so i ran it again for all 8 spots and pretty sure i had the gain way too low. it was pretty late at that point so i stopped. yesterday was my daughter's birthday and took her to dinner right after work....another day without being able to dial it in. tonight i promised to take them to fantastic 4, so no adjustments tonight either. i'm hoping tomorrow if i can get out of work on time to take care of it and then i will give a full write up. i will say that even in the current setup it is equal to the output of my dual xv15's, and right now the gain is maybe at 1/4 if that. more details soon...sorry for the delays but my baby girl comes first.
Just FYI - when trying to get the sub gain/sub trim balance sorted out, just run the first Audyssey mic position and hit "calculate". Once you get the trim where you want it, then run the full Audyssey cal.

You'll save yourself a bunch of time.
ahblaza and dsrussell like this.
Alan P is offline  
post #21613 of 27550 Old 08-07-2015, 12:15 PM
Newbie
 
shoelessjake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 11
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 16
So the v1500 showed up about 40 minutes ago and I'm doing a demo with guardians of the Galaxy. Hahaha, I can't stop laughing at how insane this sub is. My life is complete! Holy sh*t it's amazing . I'll test music next, but I can't stop this movie
shoelessjake is offline  
post #21614 of 27550 Old 08-07-2015, 01:02 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Tom Vodhanel's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2,824
Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1344 Post(s)
Liked: 3771
V1800 update,

Our scheduled enclosure delivery missed and won't be here until Monday.

So it looks like we're going to miss our pre-order estimated ship date by one business day.

Nobody's perfect..

We'll gear-up over the weekend so we should be able to have all of the pre-orders fulfilled by end of day Monday.

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio
oneeyeblind and ahblaza like this.
Tom Vodhanel is offline  
post #21615 of 27550 Old 08-07-2015, 01:24 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Charles R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 11,793
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 416
A Wimp's Tale

Roughly a month ago I started looking into subwoofers. I wasn't interested in shaking the room, house or the wife. I realize my point of view... there can be too much bass is a very small minority however to some degree I think it's relatable to those who come here on a casual basis seeking advice.

I want to comment on my quest to improve the bass experience in my dedicated room. Up until now I have used the powered subwoofers in my front speakers as dual subs. They have a LFE input and I have never found them lacking per se. However I was looking to "work" on my room and decided adding a subwoofer or two might be the biggest bang for the buck.

I ran across a major bargain on a big name manufacturer and wondered if they would be a good match for my system. Of course I turned to AVSForum to check them out. Their subwoofer forum endlessly repeated they were "play toys" and one should go with a "real" subwoofer. Better yet two, three or four and bigger the better. As I was looking for bass to be part of the experience not the experience I was rather lost.

That is until I ran across a link (at the forum) to an interview by one of the principals of a internet based subwoofer company. To a large degree he was recommending 180 degrees from the forum. You need to blend the subwoofer into your system not have it be the system. Often sealed can perform better than ported based on your usage...

After a couple of online chats coming from varying angles he recommended the XS15se on each occasion. At this point I was "sold" but being a complete novice I felt it was only fair to compare the subwoofer to least one other. After all I tend to keep speakers forever and if I end up with two it is a commitment. Both in dollars and performance.

With today's market that's easily done and I ordered from another "leading online manufacturer" In the same price and performance category. I happened to receive it first and once installed I was convinced a stand alone subwoofer outclasses my fronts and is well worth the investment.

When the XS15se arrived I had my doubts. It was roughly half the size and sealed. I let Audyssey XT32 do its thing and as before I didn't change any settings. Listening to the same material I heard the back of the room rattling. Not to mention I felt the floor vibrating deep below me. With the other subwoofer the elephant was stomping far away rather than on my chair.

Afterwards I got my trusty Radio Shack sound meter and matched the subwoofers' level to the others speakers. With both subwoofers I had to up the level roughly 5dbs. Listening to both I had the same impression. The other was great but simply didn't deliver the presence of the XS15se. After a few listening "sessions" I'm impressed with the range of bass I'm getting and the way it naturally enhances the other speakers. Even over the top bass content (such as "Oblivion" Chapter 16) effortlessly mixes in and becomes a part of the audio experience. It never draws attention solely to itself.

Now I may get to the point I'm measuring and EQing this and that but for now I'm running by the seat of my pants with my ears thrown in for good measure. And the XS15se does exactly what I was wanted. It brings bass up to the level of the rest of the experience. Even more so with a few clicks on the remote.

I would love to install its twin in the opposing corner but I'm not so sure the room feels the same. I have already adjusted the latch on one of the doors to stop it from shaking. Even at reasonable levels I can wake the wife on another level at the opposite end of the house. I'd hate to have to put up warning cones every time I start a movie.

Bottom line I'm more than happy and for a little more than a Cracker Jack in the box subwoofer I got a "real" one. And based on its construction and warranty it's nice to know I'll be able to enjoy it for years to come.




| Mitsubishi HC7900DW Projector | 16x9 120" Screen | 7.2.4 Boston Acoustics & Power Sound Audio | Yamaha RX-A3060 (on order) & AudioSource AMP110 | NVIDIA Shield | 20TB Media Server | TiVo
Charles R is offline  
post #21616 of 27550 Old 08-07-2015, 01:25 PM
AVS Special Member
 
cesar123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Posts: 1,028
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 359 Post(s)
Liked: 537
Anti-Mode 8033S-II - B-Stock for $299.99 That's one heck of a deal.

And I'm surprised that the V3600i is still in the outlet section.
oneeyeblind and sk373 like this.

Yippee-ki-yay...
cesar123 is offline  
post #21617 of 27550 Old 08-07-2015, 02:01 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Hopinater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Central VA
Posts: 3,991
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1349 Post(s)
Liked: 3371
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles R View Post
Roughly a month ago I started looking into subwoofers. I wasn't interested in shaking the room, house or the wife. I realize my point of view... there can be too much bass is a very small minority however to some degree I think it's relatable to those who come here on a casual basis seeking advice.

I want to comment on my quest to improve the bass experience in my dedicated room. Up until now I have used the powered subwoofers in my front speakers as dual subs. They have a LFE input and I have never found them lacking per se. However I was looking to "work" on my room and decided adding a subwoofer or two might be the biggest bang for the buck.

I ran across a major bargain on a big name manufacturer and wondered if they would be a good match for my system. Of course I turned to AVSForum to check them out. Their subwoofer forum endlessly repeated they were "play toys" and one should go with a "real" subwoofer. Better yet two, three or four and bigger the better. As I was looking for bass to be part of the experience not the experience I was rather lost.

That is until I ran across a link (at the forum) to an interview by one of the principals of a internet based subwoofer company. To a large degree he was recommending 180 degrees from the forum. You need to blend the subwoofer into your system not have it be the system. Often sealed can perform better than ported based on your usage...

After a couple of online chats coming from varying angles he recommended the XS15se on each occasion. At this point I was "sold" but being a complete novice I felt it was only fair to compare the subwoofer to least one other. After all I tend to keep speakers forever and if I end up with two it is a commitment. Both in dollars and performance.

With today's market that's easily done and I ordered from another "leading online manufacturer" In the same price and performance category. I happened to receive it first and once installed I was convinced a stand alone subwoofer outclasses my fronts and is well worth the investment.

When the XS15se arrived I had my doubts. It was roughly half the size and sealed. I let Audyssey XT32 do its thing and as before I didn't change any settings. Listening to the same material I heard the back of the room rattling. Not to mention I felt the floor vibrating deep below me. With the other subwoofer the elephant was stomping far away rather than on my chair.

Afterwards I got my trusty Radio Shack sound meter and matched the subwoofers' level to the others speakers. With both subwoofers I had to up the level roughly 5dbs. Listening to both I had the same impression. The other was great but simply didn't deliver the presence of the XS15se. After a few listening "sessions" I'm impressed with the range of bass I'm getting and the way it naturally enhances the other speakers. Even over the top bass content (such as "Oblivion" Chapter 16) effortlessly mixes in and becomes a part of the audio experience. It never draws attention solely to itself.

Now I may get to the point I'm measuring and EQing this and that but for now I'm running by the seat of my pants with my ears thrown in for good measure. And the XS15se does exactly what I was wanted. It brings bass up to the level of the rest of the experience. Even more so with a few clicks on the remote.

I would love to install its twin in the opposing corner but I'm not so sure the room feels the same. I have already adjusted the latch on one of the doors to stop it from shaking. Even at reasonable levels I can wake the wife on another level at the opposite end of the house. I'd hate to have to put up warning cones every time I start a movie.

Bottom line I'm more than happy and for a little more than a Cracker Jack in the box subwoofer I got a "real" one. And based on its construction and warranty it's nice to know I'll be able to enjoy it for years to come.
That's great to hear that you are so happy. If I may just toss this out for you (and please feel free to ignore it) adding a 2nd sub does not mean that you have to have a lot more bass rumbling in your room. You can control the amount of bass you experience with your gain or your trim controls and/or your volume control.

So the 2nd sub doesn't have to shake the house any more than a single sub. But what it can (and usually will) do is smooth out the bass response in the room so you don't experience as many peaks and dips. That means your bass will sound more pleasant and full…but not necessarily any more aggressive or loud.
ahblaza, gbreda and dsrussell like this.
Hopinater is online now  
post #21618 of 27550 Old 08-07-2015, 03:34 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Charles R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 11,793
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopinater View Post
So the 2nd sub doesn't have to shake the house any more than a single sub. But what it can (and usually will) do is smooth out the bass response in the room so you don't experience as many peaks and dips.
I understand. I purchased a microphone and I'll give REW a try (at some point) to see what's what. Although at this point if I'm missing something I think it's more in my head than in my ears.
ahblaza likes this.

| Mitsubishi HC7900DW Projector | 16x9 120" Screen | 7.2.4 Boston Acoustics & Power Sound Audio | Yamaha RX-A3060 (on order) & AudioSource AMP110 | NVIDIA Shield | 20TB Media Server | TiVo
Charles R is offline  
post #21619 of 27550 Old 08-07-2015, 03:39 PM
AVS Special Member
 
basshead81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Posts: 9,289
Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Liked: 3942
I would definitely recommend adding another XS15se...what can I say I'm a enabler.
oneeyeblind and ahblaza like this.

Getting Started with REW: A Step by Step Guide -->http://www.roomeqwizard.com/REWhelp.pdf

Mini DSP Tutorial by Neutro --> http://www.avsforum.com/forum/113-su...g-minidsp.html
basshead81 is offline  
post #21620 of 27550 Old 08-07-2015, 03:42 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Brian Fineberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 7,935
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3273 Post(s)
Liked: 3079
Latest and greatest with Dirac.

Here it is with a bass boost
Both fronts
Mike Butny and ahblaza like this.
Brian Fineberg is online now  
post #21621 of 27550 Old 08-07-2015, 03:42 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Charles R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 11,793
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 416
Quote:
Originally Posted by basshead81 View Post
I would definitely recommend adding another XS15se...what can I say I'm a enabler.
I could always connect the subs in the left front speaker via its LFE input. I have been avoiding it so it doesn't pollute the XS15se's sound.

| Mitsubishi HC7900DW Projector | 16x9 120" Screen | 7.2.4 Boston Acoustics & Power Sound Audio | Yamaha RX-A3060 (on order) & AudioSource AMP110 | NVIDIA Shield | 20TB Media Server | TiVo
Charles R is offline  
post #21622 of 27550 Old 08-07-2015, 04:50 PM
Advanced Member
 
digler84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 659
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 334 Post(s)
Liked: 551
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan P View Post
Just FYI - when trying to get the sub gain/sub trim balance sorted out, just run the first Audyssey mic position and hit "calculate". Once you get the trim where you want it, then run the full Audyssey cal.

You'll save yourself a bunch of time.
Thanks for the advice Alan. I sorta did that, but my version of audyssey on my onkyo forces me to do at least three positions before i can stop and check. I wish I could check the initial settings and then just continue with the remaining seats....but not the case. I also really with there was an "are you sure" extra step when you select cancel. that was the most annoying part to me. click and it's gone, lol.
digler84 is online now  
post #21623 of 27550 Old 08-08-2015, 09:44 AM
Advanced Member
 
bad1550's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 546
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Spent some time this week with my dual V3600i's and I can honestly say they are awesome! I knew they were quite large compared to my previous S3000i's and the movers did a great job moving these monsters upstairs from the garage. Still have some tweaking to do but I now have the Wow factor . Played a few scenes from Thor The Dark Knight and shook the house
Very happy musically too. Just sounds great to me. Want to thank Tom again for his great support and customer service. Plan to spend more time this weekend with some bass heavy material:+1:

Bob
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image_1439052243739.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	77.2 KB
ID:	875682  
bad1550 is offline  
post #21624 of 27550 Old 08-08-2015, 01:28 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 60
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by bad1550 View Post
Spent some time this week with my dual V3600i's and I can honestly say they are awesome! I knew they were quite large compared to my previous S3000i's and the movers did a great job moving these monsters upstairs from the garage. Still have some tweaking to do but I now have the Wow factor . Played a few scenes from Thor The Dark Knight and shook the house
Very happy musically too. Just sounds great to me. Want to thank Tom again for his great support and customer service. Plan to spend more time this weekend with some bass heavy material:+1:

Bob
What size is your room?
Jaredseahawks is offline  
post #21625 of 27550 Old 08-08-2015, 01:37 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Charles R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 11,793
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopinater View Post
But what it can (and usually will) do is smooth out the bass response in the room so you don't experience as many peaks and dips. That means your bass will sound more pleasant and full…but not necessarily any more aggressive or loud.
OK how bad is this... I probably made more mistakes than one can count... these are my first two "sweeps" and I'm not sure what I'm doing... One was with Audyssey on and other off. Only conclusion I can "guess" is that the dip before 40 is occurring with all of the speakers meaning subwoofer placement probably isn't going to change a lot?

The last graph has 1/6 smoothing.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mic0.png
Views:	89
Size:	310.7 KB
ID:	875938   Click image for larger version

Name:	mic1.png
Views:	68
Size:	331.7 KB
ID:	875946   Click image for larger version

Name:	mic2.png
Views:	69
Size:	191.4 KB
ID:	876026  

| Mitsubishi HC7900DW Projector | 16x9 120" Screen | 7.2.4 Boston Acoustics & Power Sound Audio | Yamaha RX-A3060 (on order) & AudioSource AMP110 | NVIDIA Shield | 20TB Media Server | TiVo

Last edited by Charles R; 08-08-2015 at 02:05 PM.
Charles R is offline  
post #21626 of 27550 Old 08-08-2015, 01:43 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
oneeyeblind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,067
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 244 Post(s)
Liked: 438
Quote:
Originally Posted by bad1550 View Post
Spent some time this week with my dual V3600i's and I can honestly say they are awesome! I knew they were quite large compared to my previous S3000i's and the movers did a great job moving these monsters upstairs from the garage. Still have some tweaking to do but I now have the Wow factor . Played a few scenes from Thor The Dark Knight and shook the house
Very happy musically too. Just sounds great to me. Want to thank Tom again for his great support and customer service. Plan to spend more time this weekend with some bass heavy material:+1:

Bob
Is that a can of campbell's soup in your rack there as a brace? Or am I just seeing things...
ahblaza likes this.

ShaunH
oneeyeblind is offline  
post #21627 of 27550 Old 08-08-2015, 03:19 PM
Advanced Member
 
bad1550's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 546
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaredseahawks View Post
What size is your room?
Room size approx 20x13x8
bad1550 is offline  
post #21628 of 27550 Old 08-08-2015, 03:21 PM
Advanced Member
 
bad1550's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 546
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneeyeblind View Post
Is that a can of campbell's soup in your rack there as a brace? Or am I just seeing things...
Good catch 😀
I had modified my tv stand for a previous JBL vertical speaker
Big mistake, I now lost shelf space
oneeyeblind and ahblaza like this.
bad1550 is offline  
post #21629 of 27550 Old 08-08-2015, 04:42 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 1,434
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 287 Post(s)
Liked: 263
Quote:
Originally Posted by bad1550 View Post
Room size approx 20x13x8
Dual V3600s in a room that size? WOW. My room is 15x20x8 and a single PC-Ultra can really make the place rumble. I have dual V1800s on order and am considering dual S1500s as I think the V1800s might be overkill.

Panasonic 65VT60
Denon x7200WA
Oppo BD-103
Klipsch RP-280F / RC-62ii / RS-35 / RS-25
Dual PSA V1800s
kluken is offline  
post #21630 of 27550 Old 08-08-2015, 05:45 PM
AVS Special Member
 
bear123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: PA
Posts: 4,683
Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1513 Post(s)
Liked: 2187
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles R View Post
OK how bad is this... I probably made more mistakes than one can count... these are my first two "sweeps" and I'm not sure what I'm doing... One was with Audyssey on and other off. Only conclusion I can "guess" is that the dip before 40 is occurring with all of the speakers meaning subwoofer placement probably isn't going to change a lot?

The last graph has 1/6 smoothing.
First thing to do is fix your scale so that the visual representation of your FR is meaningful and more standard.

dB scale 45-105 for all but max output sweeps(65-125 is often good for that), and 10-200 on the frequency(Hz) scale. Make sure not to have more than 6-8 sweeps open or it will change the vertical scale increment from 5-10 dB. Five is what we want the increment to be.
ahblaza likes this.
bear123 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Xs30 , Velodyne Sms 1 In Room Bass Correction Kit With Included Microphone , Denon Avr 3313ci Receiver , Denon Avr 4520ci Receiver , Power Sound Audio , Xv15 , Power Sound Audio Triax , Room Equilizer Wizard Rew , Denon Avr X4000 7 2 Channel Home Theater Receiver
Gear in this thread

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off