Official Power Sound Audio Subwoofer Thread - Page 724 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #21691 of 22064 Old 08-11-2015, 05:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 704 Post(s)
Liked: 1794
^ Yep. That about sums up life with a V3600 in the house.

Congratulations again on your new toy Dig.

Last edited by Hopinater; 08-11-2015 at 06:39 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #21692 of 22064 Old 08-11-2015, 06:00 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 293 Post(s)
Liked: 382
Any Neil Blomkamp fans here? Shoot me a PM and I'll send you UV codes for Chappie, Elysium and District 9 (from the Blomkamp3 digibook).

EDIT: Also... any of these have good soundtracks? I watched them a while back, but can't recall.

Yippee-ki-yay...
post #21693 of 22064 Old 08-11-2015, 06:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cesar123 View Post
Any Neil Blomkamp fans here? Shoot me a PM and I'll send you UV codes for Chappie, Elysium and District 9 (from the Blomkamp3 digibook).

EDIT: Also... any of these have good soundtracks? I watched them a while back, but can't recall.
I haven't seen Chappie but my understanding is that it has pretty decent bass. Elysium also definitely has good bass. District 9 not as much.
post #21694 of 22064 Old 08-11-2015, 07:31 PM
Toe
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 838 Post(s)
Liked: 1087
So I got some new toys in the last few days. 3 210s for my front stage (will upgrade my surrounds soon) and a 3600 sub that will replace my PB12/2 Ultra (and I will use along with my 3 PB13s). Thought this was a cool photo showing my old JBL S-38 next to the 210 and 3600.

Have not had time to hook up and calibrate the new speakers/sub and probably wont until the weekend. I can say the build quality of both is absolutely fantastic! Both the sub and 210 (have only cracked open 1 so far) scream quality and have that no F'n around lets get down to business type look. I also LOVE the all black look which goes right along with my black hole HT. Looking forward to getting everything setup! The sub is a monster!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20150810_180944.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	149.6 KB
ID:	881666  

JVC 3D: Been there, done that, bought a DLP
post #21695 of 22064 Old 08-11-2015, 08:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 841 Post(s)
Liked: 761
post #21696 of 22064 Old 08-11-2015, 08:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 841 Post(s)
Liked: 761
@Alan , let me ask you something, when did this problem start, has it been on going and you just weren't aware of it until now. Both plugs on the same circuit will cause both subs to react that way, it's definitely not a power cord issue. Take the mini cooper out of the chain and see what happens.. Also if it's not the mini it has to be an issue with that circuit, grounding maybe..stop back and report and we'll get this resolved..
post #21697 of 22064 Old 08-11-2015, 08:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 706 Post(s)
Liked: 510
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toe View Post
Thank you! I have grown to hate that EoT intro for the exact reasons you mention. In the context of the film, it is so out of place IMO that it truly feels like it is a mistake.
This describes my exact feelings of that scene. I borrowed the movie from a friend purely to watch that scene, and there must be something wrong with me because I didn't like it. The pressure was palpable to say the least, but what the heck, it's going off during some sort of newscast lol. Lame. On the plus side my XV15se's really crushed the room during that scene, so I am happy about that part.

I did enjoy the actual movie though, I was able to really relate to it based on some challenging video games I used to play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan P View Post
Thanks Jeff.

Both subs are plugged into separate outlets, but the same circuit/same wall.

When I pulled the plug on one sub (just a little to get it to "scratch"), the scratchy noise would come from both subs at the same time. I could get them to do this no matter which sub I "pulled" the plug on. Makes me think it is something else in the chain interacting...maybe that stupid MiniDSP again.

Trying a different outlet (without using an extension cord) would not be easy....I'd have to push the T-18 across the room...again.

I thought about removing the MiniDSP from the chain to test the theory that it is causing issues, but haven't got around to it. Also, the issue seems to have resolved itself while the subs are "at rest". I was reading again last night and didn't hear a peep out of the subs.

I'll do some more testing in the next day or two and report back.
Slightly off topic Alan, but what type of line do you have the T18's plugged into? 15A? 20A?
Toe likes this.

Last edited by FattyMcButterPants; 08-11-2015 at 09:04 PM.
post #21698 of 22064 Old 08-12-2015, 04:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
So I got some new toys in the last few days. 3 210s for my front stage (will upgrade my surrounds soon) and a 3600 sub that will replace my PB12/2 Ultra (and I will use along with my 3 PB13s). Thought this was a cool photo showing my old JBL S-38 next to the 210 and 3600.

Have not had time to hook up and calibrate the new speakers/sub and probably wont until the weekend. I can say the build quality of both is absolutely fantastic! Both the sub and 210 (have only cracked open 1 so far) scream quality and have that no F'n around lets get down to business type look. I also LOVE the all black look which goes right along with my black hole HT. Looking forward to getting everything setup! The sub is a monster!
That's great Toe. I've been wondering when you were going to receive your packages of new toys. I hope you can get it all set up soon because like I said before, I'm really looking forward to reading your impressions once you get everything set up.
post #21699 of 22064 Old 08-12-2015, 05:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FattyMcButterPants View Post
This describes my exact feelings of that scene. I borrowed the movie from a friend purely to watch that scene, and there must be something wrong with me because I didn't like it. The pressure was palpable to say the least, but what the heck, it's going off during some sort of newscast lol. Lame. On the plus side my XV15se's really crushed the room during that scene, so I am happy about that part.

I did enjoy the actual movie though, I was able to really relate to it based on some challenging video games I used to play.
Fatty I agree with your thoughts. But I must confess, the first time I heard that opening scene I found it intriguing. But that feeling wore off almost immediately and now I scratch my head as to why it even exists. But I like the movie itself. I won't say it's one of my favorite but I like the movie quit a bit.

Hmmm….Now that I think about it I haven't watched Oblivion or EOT with the new V3600 in place. I think I just found a weekend project.
post #21700 of 22064 Old 08-12-2015, 05:03 AM
Toe
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopinater View Post
That's great Toe. I've been wondering when you were going to receive your packages of new toys. I hope you can get it all set up soon because like I said before, I'm really looking forward to reading your impressions once you get everything set up.

Thanks Hop and sounds good! I will be sure to report back after I get everything up and running.

post #21701 of 22064 Old 08-12-2015, 05:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 706 Post(s)
Liked: 510
Quote:
Fatty I agree with your thoughts. But I must confess, the first time I heard that opening scene I found it intriguing. But that feeling wore off almost immediately and now I scratch my head as to why it even exists. But I like the movie itself. I won't say it's one of my favorite but I like the movie quit a bit.

Hmmm….Now that I think about it I haven't watched Oblivion or EOT with the new V3600 in place. I think I just found a weekend project.
Sounds like a fun project Hop. I bet those scenes are brutal on the v3600. Seeing reviews like yours and Dig's makes my case of upgraditis even stronger, not sure how much longer I'll make it lol.

Yeah, normally I am all over scenese like that from EOT. I was totally amped up to see it and figured I would have a new reference scene, but idk, that just wasn't the case for some reason.

Oblivion is one of my next movies up, haven't seen it yet and can't wait to watch it. My buddy used it all the time for demos with his DIY 21" he built last year and it was pretty fun, looking forward to what it can do on my subs.

Speaking of movies, think I'm going to buy a couple soon, was thinking maybe going the animated route this time since my lady loves those. Was thinking HTTYD 1 and 2, maybe Kung Fu Panda as well. Any other suggestions from the group?

Last edited by FattyMcButterPants; 08-12-2015 at 05:52 AM.
post #21702 of 22064 Old 08-12-2015, 05:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 819 Post(s)
Liked: 483
Quote:

I enjoyed EOT, but Oblivion has much better sound and visuals. Outside of the opening sequence in EOT there isn't much to write home about in the bass department.

Receiver - Denon 4311CI
Speakers - Klipsch RF-82 II's, RC-62 II, RB-61 II's
Subs - Rythmik FV15HP's
post #21703 of 22064 Old 08-12-2015, 05:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 971 Post(s)
Hop, are we going to see your 3600 compression graph?
ahblaza likes this.
post #21704 of 22064 Old 08-12-2015, 05:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2163 Post(s)
Liked: 1863
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT78681 View Post
I enjoyed EOT, but Oblivion has much better sound and visuals. Outside of the opening sequence in EOT there isn't much to write home about in the bass department.
Not true. EOT is filled with deep loud bass throughout

Still a 5 star movie without the opening
ahblaza likes this.
post #21705 of 22064 Old 08-12-2015, 06:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Sounds like a fun project Hop. I bet those scenes are brutal on the v3600. Seeing reviews like yours and Dig's makes my case of upgraditis even stronger, not sure how much longer I'll make it lol.

Yeah, normally I am all over scenese like that from EOT. I was totally amped up to see it and figured I would have a new reference scene, but idk, that just wasn't the case for some reason.

Oblivion is one of my next movies up, haven't seen it yet and can't wait to watch it. My buddy used it all the time for demos with his DIY 21" he built last year and it was pretty fun, looking forward to what it can do on my subs.

Speaking of movies, think I'm going to buy a couple soon, was thinking maybe going the animated route this time since my lady loves those. Was thinking HTTYD 1 and 2, maybe Kung Fu Panda as well. Any other suggestions from the group?
Httyd 2 is terrible for bass

For animated bass movies:

Incredibles
Finding nemo
Httyd
ahblaza likes this.
post #21706 of 22064 Old 08-12-2015, 06:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Fineberg View Post

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Receiver - Denon 4311CI
Subs - Rythmik FV15HP's
post #21707 of 22064 Old 08-12-2015, 06:09 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by digler84 View Post
Well fellas, a week ago, my corner looked like this:

Sad as it may look, not to worry because a few short hours later it looked like this:

WHEW! sorry about the last one too...not sure why such a crappy pic. And i'm about a week overdue on these too...i let you guys down.

ok, so first off....this thing is HUUUUUGE....YES! its an absolute monster in the corner of my room and demands attention when the lights are on. funny thing is, turn the lights down and it disappears into the room. well, until you start movies or music. I personally feel that everyone in this thread deserves a v3600.....unfortunately WAF exists for some, so I will just enjoy the hell out of this one and allow you guys to live vicariously through me. Not unlike being married for 10 years and then the new young guy starts at your work and tells you about all his random sexual escapades. new night, new girl.

A little backstory, i'm coming from dual xv15se's, which i absolutely loved in my room. I had no reason to upgrade other than that gnawing "what if" that was in my brain. I should have put parental controls on PSA's website, because every day i would log in and just stare....i know you guys understand. so here i am, lugging this beast into my home, and my curiosity is no more. this thing is nothing short of amazing. it's funny, but when i was talking to tom and jim when i picked it up, we got into a conversation about the PSA speakers (which i own as well), and tom said the best word he could use to describe them was "effortless." well, that term has been stuck in my head since i first plugged in this v3600. similar sound characteristics as the dual xv's, but just a lot more of it....and it is just producing it with such ease. the bass simply surrounds you like your favorite blanket and massages your back in the meantime. tons of punch, tons of rumble, and a ton of new rattles in my room, lol. i seriously think i may need to superglue my family pictures to the shelf they are perched on, because they are being shaken off from across the room. now, to be fair, once i added my second xv, it was placed directly under those shelves and i had to take the pictures down before watching a movie. i have never knocked stuff off with just one sub before...until now. simply put, my home theater has been taken to an all new level. every movie i watch is just ridiculous now, but it puts a constant smile on my face. also, when i play Call of Duty now, every grenade almost knocks me out of my seat, and if there is a bombing run on screen then i typically get killed now....not from the bombs, but from the real life shell shock that i'm experiencing and can't move my guy. it's that crazy....but AWESOME! so, i had a lady friend over the other day to check out the new sub, which is almost larger than she is(definitely heavier), and of course she told me i was insane and out of control. she just laughed when she saw it, and said boy are the neighbors gonna love you. YUP! anyway, i threw in a couple demo scenes for her and she said two things. first, she said that she has never watched a movie before and had her teeth rattle , and second she said that she thought if she sat right next to it that it may vibrate her into an orgasm. lol. so in summary, if you are on the fence about this thing at all, do yourself a favor and jump into the pool. it is the most powerful yet precise sub i've ever experienced, so take that for what it's worth. Thanks again tom and jim. I had a great time visiting, but i think i'm tapped out for now. i will have to save up some extra so i can complete my speaker collection, but i certainly have plenty in the meantime.
Looks Awesome in that corner! Life sure is better with a V3600! What did you do with the Dial XV15SEs?

Marantz SR7008, Emotiva XPA5,PSA V3600I,Dual PSA XV15SE's
PS3 Phat, PS3 Slim, Sony BDP-370,Toshiba HD-A2
Polk Monitor 70's,Polk CSiA6,Polk R50's,Polk F/XiA4's,Polk OWM3's,
Sharp 60 LED 640U,Optoma HD25-LV,Belkin PureAV Home Theater Console
post #21708 of 22064 Old 08-12-2015, 06:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Question for you while we are on the topic of bass heavy movies. Is there an updated list anywhere of all the 5 star flicks?

Receiver - Denon 4311CI
Subs - Rythmik FV15HP's
post #21709 of 22064 Old 08-12-2015, 06:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Question for you while we are on the topic of bass heavy movies. Is there an updated list anywhere of all the 5 star flicks?
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1xSbmHNQ2E8iuNeKTgK_LAQWCB6h8Qno3JFTpLuNQbLQ/htmlview?pli=1
JT78681 likes this.
post #21710 of 22064 Old 08-12-2015, 06:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
It's not an opinion if the graphs back it up. It's got the goods throughout. And it sounds it too even without graphs
ahblaza likes this.
post #21711 of 22064 Old 08-12-2015, 06:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
It's not an opinion if the graphs back it up. It's got the goods throughout. And it sounds it too even without graphs
Touche! I guess I need to revisit this one.

Receiver - Denon 4311CI
Subs - Rythmik FV15HP's

Last edited by JT78681; 08-12-2015 at 06:50 AM.
post #21712 of 22064 Old 08-12-2015, 06:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Touche!
post #21713 of 22064 Old 08-12-2015, 08:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 1025 Post(s)
Liked: 2950
Quote:
Those four different finishes on those subs look beautiful.
They really do a great job. Expensive, but its real wood veneer all assembled and finished about 20 minutes from us in Ohio.

We'll have much better pictures up on the website soon and will begin taking orders as well for the S1500s. Pricing isn't set yet as we haven't negotiated the final MOQs but $1249 +/- $50 would be a good guess.

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio
oneeyeblind and jd10ac like this.
post #21714 of 22064 Old 08-12-2015, 08:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 1025 Post(s)
Liked: 2950
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmbuckwa View Post
I just got my v1500 last week and was wondering what is happening inside the sub when adjusting the room size dial on the back. I initially had it set all the way to small since I have a smaller room. I wasn't impressed with what I was hearing so I twisted it all the way to large and got the sound I was expecting. Is there any chance of damaging it by running it on all the way on large room?
Here are a couple graphs. First shows the frequency response of the V3600i with the room size control set to several different points. LARGE = Flattest graph. The more you turn it to SMALL, the more you'll attenuate the deeper bass. The second graph shows the electrical measurements(this is straight from the amp to the graph).

Please note that the system measurement(V3600i) is taken outdoors with no room influence at all. Those wondering "why would we want to cut the deep bass in this manner?" must understand almost all rooms will boost your bass <40hz to some degree. The Room Size control allows you to optimize the subwoofer frequency response to your own specific room.

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	V3600i_Room_Size.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	76.2 KB
ID:	882386   Click image for larger version

Name:	Room_comp.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	74.0 KB
ID:	882394  
oneeyeblind likes this.
post #21715 of 22064 Old 08-12-2015, 08:33 AM
Toe
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
I also found Oblivion to have superior overall audio to EoT, including bass execution. I could certainly tell EoT was deep and loud with the LFE, but it just did not satisfy me as much as Oblivion. Of course when you put the loudest and most intense bass right in the beginning of a film when nothing is happening on screen it makes the rest of the bass in the film feel relatively underwhelming which is why I hate that intro.
Hopinater likes this.

post #21716 of 22064 Old 08-12-2015, 09:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Liked: 2684
Oblivion is imo one of the benchmark flicks all around for stellar audio, video and deep bass.
ahblaza, Ringnut and Hopinater like this.

Getting Started with REW: A Step by Step Guide --> http://www.mediafire.com/view/aolmz2..._101_v3.92.pdf

Mini DSP Tutorial by Neutro --> http://www.avsforum.com/forum/113-su...g-minidsp.html
post #21717 of 22064 Old 08-12-2015, 09:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
I also found Oblivion to have superior overall audio to EoT, including bass execution. I could certainly tell EoT was deep and loud with the LFE, but it just did not satisfy me as much as Oblivion. Of course when you put the loudest and most intense bass right in the beginning of a film when nothing is happening on screen it makes the rest of the bass in the film feel relatively underwhelming which is why I hate that intro.
Quote:
Originally Posted by basshead81 View Post
Oblivion is imo one of the benchmark flicks all around for stellar audio, video and deep bass.
Agreed on all counts
ahblaza likes this.
post #21718 of 22064 Old 08-12-2015, 09:22 AM
AVS Special Member

^^^ He didn't quote or agree with me because I don't own a PSA sub.

Receiver - Denon 4311CI
Subs - Rythmik FV15HP's
post #21719 of 22064 Old 08-12-2015, 09:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by basshead81 View Post
Quote:
^^^ He didn't quote or agree with me because I don't own a PSA sub.
Haha. I didn't even know that
post #21720 of 22064 Old 08-12-2015, 10:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 2281 Post(s)
Liked: 1233
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahblaza View Post
@Alan , let me ask you something, when did this problem start, has it been on going and you just weren't aware of it until now. Both plugs on the same circuit will cause both subs to react that way, it's definitely not a power cord issue. Take the mini cooper out of the chain and see what happens.. Also if it's not the mini it has to be an issue with that circuit, grounding maybe..stop back and report and we'll get this resolved..
Since I plugged/unplugged/wiggled the connections to the wall outlet the other night...not a peep from the T-18s.

It might have been going on for quite some time, I don't know. This is the first time since I got the T-18s that I've taken some time out from movies & music to catch up on some reading....and although it's a silent activity for me (I turn off the system and turn on just my reading lamp), I've realized how much I missed just reading a good book.

Quote:
Slightly off topic Alan, but what type of line do you have the T18's plugged into? 15A? 20A?
I believe it's just a standard 15A circuit.
ahblaza and audiofan1 like this.
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Xs30 , Velodyne Sms 1 In Room Bass Correction Kit With Included Microphone , Denon Avr 3313ci Receiver , Denon Avr 4520ci Receiver , Power Sound Audio , Xv15 , Power Sound Audio Triax , Room Equilizer Wizard Rew , Denon Avr X4000 7 2 Channel Home Theater Receiver
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page