Official Power Sound Audio Subwoofer Thread - Page 736 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #22051 of 22056 Old Today, 03:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 251 Post(s)
Liked: 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoepup View Post
Hey Everyone. I have been following this thread for a little bit and have chatted with Tom a couple times. I am close to making the purchase but have a few questions to the group. I will be buying two subs. I started looking at the XS30se. Then they came out with the S1500 and V1800. Honestly, I'll probably go with whatever Tom recommends and I will be more than happy with it.

Questions:

1. Since the subs could be 20-30ft from AVR, I assume I run Coax through walls and ceilings then use F-Type to RCA wall plates?
2. Since I have about a week or so until I order I want to get a jump start on ow you position and tune these things. I will start with the floor crawl for the first one. How do you place second? What methods can I use to tune? I have seen REW mentioned. Are there clear steps on what to do to get best sound.
3. I will be upgrading AVR and will get either XT or XT32. It depends on price. Do either of these alleviate most of the tuning?

Thanks. Once again, I am hoping to get a jump start on how to make these beasts sound great in my environment

Whatever you do go get Blue Jeans Cables LC-1 sub cable if you are running them that long, it is even wall rated. Excellent cable especially for longer runs.
ahblaza likes this.

Panasonic 65VT60
Denon x7200WA
Oppo BD-103
Klipsch RP-280F / RC-62ii / RS-35 / RS-25
Dual PSA V1800s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22052 of 22056 Old Today, 03:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 251 Post(s)
Liked: 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoepup View Post
Thanks for info. You 2 sub crawl test makes sense and might get me close.
The room is 23x26x7.5. For once in my life, I wish the room was smaller
SHould I get a USB mic or SPL or both?
Wow that is a big room. I have a SPL and REW with USB mic (minidsp UMIK-1). I use the SPL for some tweaks, but us REW for overall tuning. Dual V1800 all the way! My room is 14x20x7.5 and dual V1800 are great and I still yearn for more, but they easily handle any of my listening and I love the deep bass/lows. Is the room enclosed? I actuall got some decent room gain from mine that even handled the Edge of Tomorrow scene well down to 10Hz. I posted some REW charts a few posts back.

Panasonic 65VT60
Denon x7200WA
Oppo BD-103
Klipsch RP-280F / RC-62ii / RS-35 / RS-25
Dual PSA V1800s
post #22053 of 22056 Old Today, 04:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 699 Post(s)
Liked: 1788
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsrussell View Post
If you’ve auditioned the PSB speakers and love them, then that is what you should buy. I’ve heard very good things about this speaker and it was given an excellent review here on AVS. I haven’t heard them myself, but I’m not buying speakers . If you haven’t auditioned them, then find an audio store that has them.

Yes, two subs can reduce nulls and peaks at the listening position, however, I’m not sure why you think you need dual subwoofers without trying one first. That seems to me to be a cart before the horse and a waste of money until you know how one subwoofer performs. Just my opinion….
Although I'm a big fan of dual subs and I think they fill out the room better and create better bass, you make a good point. Sometimes one sub can do beautifully on it's own.

I would audition the PSA speakers by taking advantage of the in home trial. If you can, see if you can bring home the PSB speakers and let them go head to head with the PSA and then keep the ones you like best.
oneeyeblind likes this.
post #22054 of 22056 Old Today, 09:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 840 Post(s)
Liked: 761
@Alan , your're welcome, glad it's resolved.

@Jim , it's good to be back but I can't stay long, I have a long road to travel with no shortcuts, time is one luxury I don't have. I know there's a light at the end of the tunnel as long as I do the right thing. My family really needs me (Brother and Father). I won't get into the details, suffice it to say there's a Power greater than myself that always lends a hand, I'm grateful for that. Thank you Jim for the warm welcome back, I hope to try and spend time intermittently here at my second home.

@aus did you try D&M electronics for the PSB's, I think they have the best prices and Audio Advisor often has them on sale as well.
https://dmc-electronics.com/Default.htm

Jeffrey
post #22055 of 22056 Unread Today, 09:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 643 Post(s)
Liked: 415
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aus1095 View Post
Thanks, peer pressure can be tricky. It would be fun to have a fast car but they are just so expensive if you are picky. I figure I will pick up a fast toy once my career is actually started and I am on my feet. Hard to explain to parents why I am still living at home with a corvette sitting out front. Plus, how do you explain that to a girl? "Why yes I have an awesome fast car. We can go back to my uh parents house and watch tv.." Yeah....

Yeah... I am facing that dilemma now. Do I want a crotch rocket (CBR600 or R6). Fun? Yes. Recurring cost each month? Yes. Decisions.. decisions..

When I was in high school, one of my teachers pushed us to start investing early. Figured even small amounts can help. My parents have this parenting technique of "If you want it, you earn it." I wrecked my first car, purchased each one on my own ever since. Been through 4 now. You learn that if you want something bad enough, you will work for it. Granted, they will help us but we pay them back.

Haha! Just one more... I don't need two PSA's but you have to live a little. My best friend went and saw a financial advisor. She told him that for right now, make sure your car payment doesn't exceed one week's pay check. Hikes!! You could have 50% of your income tied up in a car! Been there, done that. Not a fan.

Man, it is hard to find a C6Z for under $35K. After taxes and registration, it will be closer to $40K. That is 20% down on a $200K house! My brother really pushes the C5Z, you can find them for about $18K if you look hard enough. They are beautiful cars, the arctic white is just perfect.

Wow! Nice Z28! It looks very clean! Incredibly low miles as well. My brother had a 02' Z28 that dynoed 406RWHP. It wasn't nearly as clean as your car but that thing would get up and move. We went by a deputy one day running 100 plus wide open, practically had open headers. Deputy gets behind us, the plate didn't match the car. We were both beyond shocked that we didn't get stopped. Good ol days...

I recently made the mistake of buying a '13 Charger RT with 21K miles. Dealership was like "Yeah we can get you in this car" I basically replied with "Where do I sign? Give me the keys!" Couple months later, realized I made the biggest impulse purchase of the year. Luckily I went to school with the sales manager's daughter. So he really helped me out when I sold it. I do miss the car though...

Hey, you are up in Fort Wayne! I am down on the south side of Indianapolis.

Ok, sorry admins! Way off topic...

You should have found me last year. I sold my 99 C5 with a 600 HP supercharged LS1. I had $40k in parts alone and sold the car for $23k. It ran low 11's with street tires and still got 24 mpg. Even had a pair of Focal Utopia speakers in it that cost $2k. I spared no expense in that car. Look on the Corvetteforum.com for a good deal.

post #22056 of 22056 Unread Today, 09:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Liked: 2675
Street tires with 600hp? I take it you had no traction till 4th gear. I am hoping to run high 10's NA.

Getting Started with REW: A Step by Step Guide --> http://www.mediafire.com/view/aolmz2..._101_v3.92.pdf

Mini DSP Tutorial by Neutro --> http://www.avsforum.com/forum/113-su...g-minidsp.html
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Xs30 , Velodyne Sms 1 In Room Bass Correction Kit With Included Microphone , Denon Avr 3313ci Receiver , Denon Avr 4520ci Receiver , Power Sound Audio , Xv15 , Power Sound Audio Triax , Room Equilizer Wizard Rew , Denon Avr X4000 7 2 Channel Home Theater Receiver
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page