AVS Forum Special Member
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Orland Park, Il
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 330 Post(s)
Originally Posted by Cain
Man, you guys are hard core! Lol.
Here's my thought process.
1) Weight. The s3000 weighs enough, it will be tough enough to horse around, the s3600i may require two friends to help. Tom dies the s3600i include a back brace and hernia truss ? Lol
2) Looking at the data charts the s3000i gets me most of the way to the s3600i.
3) Shipping. Yes, it is a factor that the s3000i cones Fedex ground, rather than freight. See number 1 above.
4) Too much bass. I have a front projector. I'm worried too much bass will vibrate it, and/ or may damage or shorten the life of the lamp. Any of you bass heads with a front projector?
5) Music. My sub will be at least 50% music maybe more. I think, for some reason, the s3000i may be more nimble at music than the s3600i.
I have the space to put the s3600i, and I've had my old subs since 2001, so I'm not worried about a few hundred bucks more. I plan to keep these subs a very long time.
I have a front projector and a screen, no issue there. The sub gets delivered via freight, they brought it to my front door and took it off the pallet and helped bring into my house even though I did not need the help. I was able to slide the box down the stairs into the basement while I was standing in front of it the entire time, and then into the theater room. Its really is a 1 person job, trust me. It took me about 5-10 minutes from the time I received the sub until I had it in the theater room and unboxed with the sub in place.
The first thing I did was listen to music and trust me the S3600I did NOT disappoint so just order dual S3600I's and enjoy
Equipment List: Benq W6000, Darbee DVP-5000S Video Processor, JKP Affinity 100 inch 16x9 .9 gain reference screen, Marantz SR7009 Receiver, 3-Marantz Ma700 and 2-Ma6100 mono blocks, 9.2 set-up, B&W Nautilus 805 front speakers, B&W Nautilus HTM2 center speaker, Infinity ( soon to be replaced by B&W ) bookshelf Atmos Speakers, Mirage HDT-R side speakers, Jamo THX surround one rear speakers, PSA S3600I & XS30SE subs, Richard Grey, Monster Power, and Panamax powerline conditioning/surge protection.
Last edited by Mike Butny; 10-01-2015 at 10:06 AM.