Official Power Sound Audio Subwoofer Thread - Page 793 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 26020Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #23761 of 33817 Old 11-02-2015, 08:19 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
checker9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,781
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1217 Post(s)
Liked: 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Fineberg View Post
thats because the xs30's use dual opposing drivers...their vibrations cancel each other out. Auralex will do zero for that and for containing bass..save your money
I am getting a V-1500 not XS30. Same thing - Auralex pad a waste?
checker9 is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #23762 of 33817 Old 11-02-2015, 08:27 AM
 
Brian Fineberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 8,184
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3543 Post(s)
Liked: 3515
Quote:
Originally Posted by checker9 View Post
I am getting a V-1500 not XS30. Same thing - Auralex pad a waste?
yes

the single driver in the v1500 will cause the cab to vibrate...not a ton..but way more than the inert xs30.

the auralex will not help that vibration...but CAN limit the cab vibration from being transferred t the floor...but so will cheap rubber RUBBER FEET that are used to reduce vibrations for computers...no need to spend all that $$ on auralex pads
Alan P, ahblaza and Hopinater like this.
Brian Fineberg is offline  
post #23763 of 33817 Old 11-02-2015, 08:38 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
checker9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,781
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1217 Post(s)
Liked: 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Fineberg View Post
yes

the single driver in the v1500 will cause the cab to vibrate...not a ton..but way more than the inert xs30.

the auralex will not help that vibration...but CAN limit the cab vibration from being transferred t the floor...but so will cheap rubber RUBBER FEET that are used to reduce vibrations for computers...no need to spend all that $$ on auralex pads
Are the feet on the cabinet enough, or are there aftermarket ones you recommend?
checker9 is online now  
 
post #23764 of 33817 Old 11-02-2015, 09:08 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Alan P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 9,636
Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4896 Post(s)
Liked: 3533
Quote:
Originally Posted by checker9 View Post
Are the feet on the cabinet enough, or are there aftermarket ones you recommend?
Is the sub going to be placed on carpet or on a hard floor?

If it's on carpet, you won't need anything extra. If it's on hardwood, you may want to add some extra rubber feet. In any case, I would wait until you actually get the sub and see if you have any issues at all...you probably won't.
Alan P is offline  
post #23765 of 33817 Old 11-02-2015, 09:09 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Alan P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 9,636
Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4896 Post(s)
Liked: 3533
Alan P is offline  
post #23766 of 33817 Old 11-02-2015, 09:20 AM
 
Brian Fineberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 8,184
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3543 Post(s)
Liked: 3515
Quote:
Originally Posted by checker9 View Post
Are the feet on the cabinet enough, or are there aftermarket ones you recommend?
what alan said...but click on the "rubber feet" in my post it will hyperlink you to some ideas
Brian Fineberg is offline  
post #23767 of 33817 Old 11-02-2015, 12:14 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Hopinater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Central VA
Posts: 4,952
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2045 Post(s)
Liked: 4987
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Fineberg View Post
yes

the single driver in the v1500 will cause the cab to vibrate...not a ton..but way more than the inert xs30.

the auralex will not help that vibration...but CAN limit the cab vibration from being transferred t the floor...but so will cheap rubber RUBBER FEET that are used to reduce vibrations for computers...no need to spend all that $$ on auralex pads
Brian from my experiences with the single driver of the XV15 or the dual front facing V3600 there is still little to no movement of the cabinet even on these. I had a glass of water on the XV15se and had the sub running pretty hard (some bass demo scene) and there was nothing going on in the glass. These sub cabinets are pretty darn stable.

Subwoofers: dual PSA V3601's with a PSA XV15se nearfield
Speakers: PSA MTM-210T L/R - PSA MTM-210 Center- PSA 110sr Surrounds
Denon X4200 - Oppo UDP-203 - Panamax M4300 - Direct TV - Apple TV - Xbox360
Hopinater is online now  
post #23768 of 33817 Old 11-02-2015, 12:18 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
smurraybhm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Down South
Posts: 3,659
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1555 Post(s)
Liked: 1898
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Fineberg View Post
yes

the single driver in the v1500 will cause the cab to vibrate...not a ton..but way more than the inert xs30.

I have my V1800 on a hardwood floor (laminate actually) and it doesn't vibrate at a level that is noticeable. I have an Apple router on top of it and its in the same spot it was placed on that great day I joined the family aka delivery day. No need as for anything else other than what PSA is using. If it was vibrating the router would be moving since Apple changed their design a few years ago - tall and fairly slender. So way more must be a few ripples in the glass of water

P.S. Like those Volts on the ceiling, I envy your ability to do that, no way that gets past my wife.

There is no perfect display, quit looking for faults and enjoy

Panasonic 60VT60 (cal by DNice)
Ascend's with RAAL, Love my PSA v1800 and a 7.2.4 speaker config, Oppo 203 and other toys
smurraybhm is offline  
post #23769 of 33817 Old 11-02-2015, 01:21 PM
 
Brian Fineberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 8,184
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3543 Post(s)
Liked: 3515
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopinater View Post
Brian from my experiences with the single driver of the XV15 or the dual front facing V3600 there is still little to no movement of the cabinet even on these. I had a glass of water on the XV15se and had the sub running pretty hard (some bass demo scene) and there was nothing going on in the glass. These sub cabinets are pretty darn stable.
My xv15 used to rattle my PlayStation off of it
Brian Fineberg is offline  
post #23770 of 33817 Old 11-02-2015, 01:23 PM
 
Brian Fineberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 8,184
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3543 Post(s)
Liked: 3515
Quote:
Originally Posted by smurraybhm View Post


I have my V1800 on a hardwood floor (laminate actually) and it doesn't vibrate at a level that is noticeable. I have an Apple router on top of it and its in the same spot it was placed on that great day I joined the family aka delivery day. No need as for anything else other than what PSA is using. If it was vibrating the router would be moving since Apple changed their design a few years ago - tall and fairly slender. So way more must be a few ripples in the glass of water

P.S. Like those Volts on the ceiling, I envy your ability to do that, no way that gets past my wife.
Thanks

It's my room. She gets no say on aesthetics

But too much subage is a different story lol
Brian Fineberg is offline  
post #23771 of 33817 Old 11-02-2015, 01:27 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Alan P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 9,636
Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4896 Post(s)
Liked: 3533
^^^

Build a bunker in the back yard??
Alan P is offline  
post #23772 of 33817 Old 11-02-2015, 01:27 PM
 
Brian Fineberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 8,184
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3543 Post(s)
Liked: 3515
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan P View Post
^^^

Build a bunker in the back yard??
I like the way this man thinks!
Brian Fineberg is offline  
post #23773 of 33817 Old 11-02-2015, 01:33 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Alan P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 9,636
Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4896 Post(s)
Liked: 3533
Somewhere on here I saw a guy buy a shipping container and turn it into a home theater in his backyard....he didn't bury it, but that would be pretty damned soundproof.
Alan P is offline  
post #23774 of 33817 Old 11-02-2015, 02:33 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Cain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Columbia, SC
Posts: 4,943
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 339 Post(s)
Liked: 183
Could you rest your main (L&R) speakers on top of one of these PSA subs, instead of putting them on a stand??

Would that work OK?
Cain is offline  
post #23775 of 33817 Old 11-02-2015, 02:56 PM
 
Brian Fineberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 8,184
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3543 Post(s)
Liked: 3515
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cain View Post
Could you rest your main (L&R) speakers on top of one of these PSA subs, instead of putting them on a stand??

Would that work OK?
Absolutely. It's what I have for my left and center
Brian Fineberg is offline  
post #23776 of 33817 Old 11-02-2015, 02:58 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Cain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Columbia, SC
Posts: 4,943
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 339 Post(s)
Liked: 183
Cool, thanks...
Cain is offline  
post #23777 of 33817 Old 11-02-2015, 03:03 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Hopinater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Central VA
Posts: 4,952
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2045 Post(s)
Liked: 4987
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Fineberg View Post
My xv15 used to rattle my PlayStation off of it
Whatttttttttt? What level were you playing that thing at. I had HTTYD at -12 with a 5 dB hot trim setting and a glass of water resting on the sub and nary a ripple on the water.

Subwoofers: dual PSA V3601's with a PSA XV15se nearfield
Speakers: PSA MTM-210T L/R - PSA MTM-210 Center- PSA 110sr Surrounds
Denon X4200 - Oppo UDP-203 - Panamax M4300 - Direct TV - Apple TV - Xbox360
Hopinater is online now  
post #23778 of 33817 Old 11-02-2015, 03:06 PM
Senior Member
 
sk373's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 488
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 239 Post(s)
Liked: 371
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopinater View Post
Whatttttttttt? What level were you playing that thing at. I had HTTYD at -12 with a 5 dB hot trim setting and a glass of water resting on the sub and nary a ripple on the water.
FWIW, I have a picture frame of my wife and I on one of my XS15se's that has been shaken off several times. I guess YMMV!

My humble system:

Vizio E601I-A3; Darbee Darblet; Pioneer Elite BDP-62FD universal blu-ray player; Pioneer Elite SC-67 AVR, Antimode 8033, Dual PSA S1801's; Monitor Audio Silver RX-6 mains, RX center, and RX surrounds; Home-built HTPC (Xeon E1230, 16gb RAM, Crucial M500 480gb SSD, GeForce 980Ti, Corsair CX600, CoolerMaster mini-ITX case)
sk373 is online now  
post #23779 of 33817 Old 11-02-2015, 04:33 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
basshead81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Posts: 11,441
Mentioned: 95 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 222 Post(s)
Liked: 6091
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopinater View Post
Whatttttttttt? What level were you playing that thing at. I had HTTYD at -12 with a 5 dB hot trim setting and a glass of water resting on the sub and nary a ripple on the water.
stuff will slide off the top of them fairly easily when driven full tilt. I do agree they will play pretty loud with no vibration...
sk373 likes this.
basshead81 is offline  
post #23780 of 33817 Old 11-02-2015, 04:36 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
raynist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: PA
Posts: 3,585
Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1479 Post(s)
Liked: 1418
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan P View Post
Somewhere on here I saw a guy buy a shipping container and turn it into a home theater in his backyard....he didn't bury it, but that would be pretty damned soundproof.
LOL - I would love to see this!!
raynist is offline  
post #23781 of 33817 Old 11-02-2015, 06:13 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
smurraybhm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Down South
Posts: 3,659
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1555 Post(s)
Liked: 1898
My wife had a fit when the DTV dish had to be moved into the middle of the backyard due to the growth of our neighbor's tree. She calls it the giant dildo, wonder what the shipping container would get nicknamed?

There is no perfect display, quit looking for faults and enjoy

Panasonic 60VT60 (cal by DNice)
Ascend's with RAAL, Love my PSA v1800 and a 7.2.4 speaker config, Oppo 203 and other toys
smurraybhm is offline  
post #23782 of 33817 Old 11-02-2015, 08:00 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Alan P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 9,636
Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4896 Post(s)
Liked: 3533
Quote:
Originally Posted by raynist View Post
LOL - I would love to see this!!
Found it!


20ft Shipping Crate
smurraybhm likes this.
Alan P is offline  
post #23783 of 33817 Old 11-03-2015, 05:38 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Hopinater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Central VA
Posts: 4,952
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2045 Post(s)
Liked: 4987
Quote:
Originally Posted by sk373 View Post
FWIW, I have a picture frame of my wife and I on one of my XS15se's that has been shaken off several times. I guess YMMV!
Quote:
Originally Posted by basshead81 View Post
stuff will slide off the top of them fairly easily when driven full tilt. I do agree they will play pretty loud with no vibration...
I guess I just never opened the sub up enough. Well….I can fix that!

I'm going to test this out sometime when no one else is around (my XV15se is now in the living room so I'm going to have to wait until the wife is out of the house).

Subwoofers: dual PSA V3601's with a PSA XV15se nearfield
Speakers: PSA MTM-210T L/R - PSA MTM-210 Center- PSA 110sr Surrounds
Denon X4200 - Oppo UDP-203 - Panamax M4300 - Direct TV - Apple TV - Xbox360
Hopinater is online now  
post #23784 of 33817 Old 11-03-2015, 05:49 AM
 
Brian Fineberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 8,184
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3543 Post(s)
Liked: 3515
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopinater View Post
I guess I just never opened the sub up enough. Well….I can fix that!

I'm going to test this out sometime when no one else is around (my XV15se is now in the living room so I'm going to have to wait until the wife is out of the house).
thats where I had my HT way back when I had my xv15...maybe it was exacerbated with it being on a suspended wood floor? idk

here is my old setup in our first house (looking back on it...man my wife was understanding...and this was before dual xs30'shere):

Brian Fineberg is offline  
post #23785 of 33817 Old 11-03-2015, 06:00 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Hopinater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Central VA
Posts: 4,952
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2045 Post(s)
Liked: 4987
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan P View Post
Alan I jumped to that thread just to check it out and the next thing I know I was sucked into the whole idea and started reading through all the posts. I really wanted to see the finished shipping container theater. But it was all a tease…toward the end the guy gave up on it (too many problems to overcome) and ended up buying a $450 pair of wireless headphones.

That's a buzz kill… going from building a home theater to buying wireless headphones.

Subwoofers: dual PSA V3601's with a PSA XV15se nearfield
Speakers: PSA MTM-210T L/R - PSA MTM-210 Center- PSA 110sr Surrounds
Denon X4200 - Oppo UDP-203 - Panamax M4300 - Direct TV - Apple TV - Xbox360
Hopinater is online now  
post #23786 of 33817 Old 11-03-2015, 06:07 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Hopinater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Central VA
Posts: 4,952
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2045 Post(s)
Liked: 4987
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Fineberg View Post
thats where I had my HT way back when I had my xv15...maybe it was exacerbated with it being on a suspended wood floor? idk

here is my old setup in our first house (looking back on it...man my wife was understanding...and this was before dual xs30'shere):
That looks eerily similar to my living room setup except I have towers and not the bookshelves but the over all look is very similar.

That's a good point about the suspended floor. Before my XV15se was on the concrete basement floor but now it is on the suspended living room floor. So maybe things will vibrate off now.

I'm actually excited to conduct this experiment…now I just need the opportunity.

Subwoofers: dual PSA V3601's with a PSA XV15se nearfield
Speakers: PSA MTM-210T L/R - PSA MTM-210 Center- PSA 110sr Surrounds
Denon X4200 - Oppo UDP-203 - Panamax M4300 - Direct TV - Apple TV - Xbox360
Hopinater is online now  
post #23787 of 33817 Old 11-03-2015, 07:47 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Alan P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 9,636
Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4896 Post(s)
Liked: 3533
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopinater View Post
Alan I jumped to that thread just to check it out and the next thing I know I was sucked into the whole idea and started reading through all the posts. I really wanted to see the finished shipping container theater. But it was all a tease…toward the end the guy gave up on it (too many problems to overcome) and ended up buying a $450 pair of wireless headphones.

That's a buzz kill… going from building a home theater to buying wireless headphones.
Yeah, kind of a let down...but still a good idea. I think you should do it Hop!
Alan P is offline  
post #23788 of 33817 Old 11-03-2015, 07:50 AM
Member
 
AZtitan123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Anyone have a pic of an S3000i or v1500 installed in a room for a size reference?
AZtitan123 is offline  
post #23789 of 33817 Old 11-03-2015, 08:04 AM
Member
 
SuperFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Chicago Area
Posts: 120
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZtitan123 View Post
Anyone have a pic of an S3000i or v1500 installed in a room for a size reference?
here's an image of a dual v1500 setup in a very messy room before it was cleaned up
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20150508_193730587.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	183.3 KB
ID:	1036145  
SuperFan is offline  
post #23790 of 33817 Old 11-03-2015, 08:37 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Tom Vodhanel's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 3,366
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1764 Post(s)
Liked: 5113
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZtitan123 View Post
Anyone have a pic of an S3000i or v1500 installed in a room for a size reference?
Here are a couple shots I have on this PC...

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AC3.JPG
Views:	196
Size:	110.3 KB
ID:	1036201   Click image for larger version

Name:	triples.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	68.5 KB
ID:	1036209  
Tom Vodhanel is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Denon Avr 3313ci Receiver , Denon Avr 4520ci Receiver , Denon Avr X4000 7 2 Channel Home Theater Receiver , Power Sound Audio , Power Sound Audio Triax , Room Equilizer Wizard Rew , v1500 , V1800 , v1801 , V3600i , Velodyne Sms 1 In Room Bass Correction Kit With Included Microphone , Xs30 , Xv15
Gear in this thread

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off