Official Power Sound Audio Subwoofer Thread - Page 926 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 17405Likes
post #27751 of 27772 Unread 07-22-2016, 07:56 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Liked: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Ames View Post
^^^

Most impressed by the blown Chevelle! Looks like a '66

Hard to tell from my old little phone, but I am guessing '68

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tom Ames likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #27752 of 27772 Unread 07-22-2016, 08:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 1215 Post(s)
Liked: 1219
Quote:
Originally Posted by newc33 View Post
Dang no wonder I was having trouble with the low end. I had it set to 12o'clock and thought I was boosting it. I switch it to max tomarrow
Always leave the room setting to large before any room EQ or REW measurements........
post #27753 of 27772 Unread 07-22-2016, 08:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 52 Post(s)
Quoted: 1486 Post(s)
Liked: 982
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vodhanel View Post
That would definitely simplify things for me---having one flat fee associated with any return. But the actual return costs if we include larger freight shipments can range from $40ish(small S1500 shipped within a couple hundred miles) to $250+(freight shipped west of the Rockies). And I basically know all of these variables by heart now handling 99% of everything shipped from/to us for 4-5 years. So it wouldn't add much work for me to give individual quotes. On the OTHER hand, we probably get a decent percentage of website visitors who don't want to*need* to interact with someone to be informed of their responsibility in this regard.

Interesting topic.

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio
Haha, I just noticed your avatar Tom. That's great. Teddy is all grown up now to a whopping 13lbs. Just a great dog, we all love him very much.

He is always on the spot when the subs come. He loves his Triax's.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1195.jpg
Views:	414
Size:	140.9 KB
ID:	1560833   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0491.jpg
Views:	409
Size:	275.7 KB
ID:	1560841  

Last edited by Reefdvr27; 07-22-2016 at 08:37 PM.
post #27754 of 27772 Unread 07-22-2016, 09:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahblaza View Post
Always leave the room setting to large before any room EQ or REW measurements........
Every manufacturer configures the DSP differently. On the Reaction 12:00 is default with cut and boost, hence newc33's confusion. I wonder who are the more skilled at tweaking the DSP between the ID Speakerpower sub makers? 🙊

I must say that I really appreciate the compression response charts that PSA posts. No other manufacturer seems to do this. Audioholics seems to believe it is quite important (so do I BTW).
post #27755 of 27772 Unread 07-23-2016, 09:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 458 Post(s)
Liked: 480
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Alexander View Post
Every manufacturer configures the DSP differently. On the Reaction 12:00 is default with cut and boost, hence newc33's confusion. I wonder who are the more skilled at tweaking the DSP between the ID Speakerpower sub makers? 🙊

I must say that I really appreciate the compression response charts that PSA posts. No other manufacturer seems to do this. Audioholics seems to believe it is quite important (so do I BTW).
Marc your correct in your statement but I would like to clarify one thing. RA 18's are cut and boost (12 o'clock is neutral) while the g21 is all boost (counter clockwise is neutral)

7.2 w/ denon x4100
JTR noesis 228s LCR
Ascend acoustics cmt 340se side ss.
ascend acoustics cbm170se rear ss
dual reaction audio gamma 21s!
post #27756 of 27772 Unread 07-23-2016, 01:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 1043 Post(s)
Liked: 1247
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulf1 View Post
What are the pros/cons of Isolation Feet for Subs? I have wood floors and I do get some doors and other things rattling.
I hear claims of tighter cleaner bass among others.
I don't use the isolator feet but I do use a SubDude, and for sure its helped quiet down some of the rattling and vibrations. It doesn't change the quality of bass though, so the claims of "tighter" are probably an exaggeration.

If you take yourself too seriously, expect me to do the exact opposite
post #27757 of 27772 Unread 07-23-2016, 01:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimWilson View Post
I don't use the isolator feet but I do use a SubDude, and for sure its helped quiet down some of the rattling and vibrations. It doesn't change the quality of bass though, so the claims of "tighter" are probably an exaggeration.
I use to use the Auralex Gramma (SubDude) when I was living in a condo. I never had problems with rattles but it cut down neighbor complaints. I think the PSA shipping foam should be as effective as a SubDude. I have read many users state that the Auralex products are much more effective than the SVS isolation feet. There are many other "isolators" out there that are pure snake oil.

Raising the subwoofer off of the ground can affect performance. However, it is hard for me to believe that anything less than 6" (like an Auralex) makes much difference.

To be more asthetically pleasing, a cheap thing to try is just fit some Magic [furniture] Sliders onto the PSA feet. Basically a DIY version of Herbie's Gliders.

Now I use the Gramma under my UFO center channel (Mirage OMD-C2) to raise it a few inches higher than the AV stand it sits on.

Last edited by Marc Alexander; 07-23-2016 at 02:16 PM.
post #27758 of 27772 Unread 07-23-2016, 02:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahblaza View Post
I wouldn't say always. The default target curve of Audyssey SubEQ is flat and differs from many other systems. Many prefer a slight rise at the low end. Dialing down the room size before running Audyssey, then dialing back up after is a way to affect the final curve (even if only below 30 Hz).

It is best to have REW to be able to see the results. However, many have reported success (pleasing results to them) flying blind with this technique.

For reference:

Audyssey mutiEQ vs mutiEQ XT vs YPAO vs MCACC vs Sony DCAC vs

Last edited by Marc Alexander; 07-23-2016 at 02:30 PM.
post #27759 of 27772 Unread 07-23-2016, 02:53 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Here's another vote for the SubDude. It definitely helped reduce some of the rattling for me, as well as some of the impact to other adjacent rooms.
post #27760 of 27772 Unread 07-23-2016, 03:52 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked: 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foundation42 View Post
Quote:
Here's another vote for the SubDude. It definitely helped reduce some of the rattling for me, as well as some of the impact to other adjacent rooms.
I tried the isolation feet on a V1800 on hard floors for a month and it made no difference in my current house (got the feet for cheap with my cylinder and still have no use for them). However, I placed a subdude (the cheaper $50 one) under my cylinder sub at my old place that had carpet, and it did substantially cut down on rattles throughout the house. I guess everyone's mileage may vary.
post #27761 of 27772 Unread 07-23-2016, 03:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 527 Post(s)
Liked: 241
How many sub dudes do I need for the Triax? 😜
post #27762 of 27772 Unread 07-23-2016, 04:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 372 Post(s)
Liked: 110
" Dialing down the room size before running Audyssey, then dialing back up after is a way to affect the final curve (even if only below 30 Hz)."

Gonna try that for my next movie.

E.B. White said, "I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day."
post #27763 of 27772 Unread 07-23-2016, 04:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 372 Post(s)
Liked: 110
Think I can start a GofundMe crowd source campaign for a second sub?
Alan P likes this.

E.B. White said, "I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day."
post #27764 of 27772 Unread Yesterday, 10:55 PM

Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked: 202
The outlet has a rare V3600i for $1749! Last week I was up in the air over grabbing another sub or dropping some cash on a pair of Atmos speakers to wall mount up high, but I figured the latter would bring more enjoyment. I'm glad I already ordered everything or that V3600i would have been very tempting. And I like the new 60 day trial graphic on the PSA store items, looks sharp.
basshead81 likes this.
post #27765 of 27772 Unread Today, 05:52 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 421
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekosche View Post
And I like the new 60 day trial graphic on the PSA store items, looks sharp.
Along with the find print...

Power Sound Audio is changing its 30 day Risk Free Trial Period to a 60 Day Trial Period for all of our home audio products. As of July 22, 2016, free return shipping will not be included as part of your trial period.

Might just be me but the entire site's images appear oversize. I'm guessing the web guy has an UHD monitor...

| Mitsubishi HC7900DW Projector | 16x9 120" Screen | 7.2.4 Boston Acoustics & Power Sound Audio | Yamaha RX-A3060 & AudioSource AMP110 | NVIDIA Shield | 20TB Media Server | TiVo
post #27766 of 27772 Unread Today, 06:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Quoted: 123 Post(s)
Liked: 3986
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekosche View Post
The outlet has a rare V3600i for $1749! Last week I was up in the air over grabbing another sub or dropping some cash on a pair of Atmos speakers to wall mount up high, but I figured the latter would bring more enjoyment. I'm glad I already ordered everything or that V3600i would have been very tempting. And I like the new 60 day trial graphic on the PSA store items, looks sharp.
I surprised its not sold yet.

Getting Started with REW: A Step by Step Guide -->http://www.roomeqwizard.com/REWhelp.pdf

Mini DSP Tutorial by Neutro --> http://www.avsforum.com/forum/113-su...g-minidsp.html
post #27767 of 27772 Unread Today, 06:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 329 Post(s)
Liked: 426
It is waiting for you basshead81. Take the plunge.
laserjock II likes this.
post #27768 of 27772 Unread Today, 10:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1003 Post(s)
Liked: 687
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles R View Post
Might just be me but the entire site's images appear oversize. I'm guessing the web guy has an UHD monitor...

Looks normal to me.
post #27769 of 27772 Unread Today, 10:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles R View Post
I think it is you. The website looks great on both PC and mobile. Try hitting <ctrl>-0 to reset your browser's zoom.
post #27770 of 27772 Unread Today, 01:09 PM

Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Official Power Sound Audio Subwoofer Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by basshead81 View Post
I surprised its not sold yet.

I'm thinking of grabbing it! I have had my 15v for about a month and the wife approved a second. The V3600i should be way better than two 15Vs right?

I'm talking to Tom now... Need to measure it out I the new living room. My only placement would be front left corner. Going to compare dimensions from what I have on the website...

*Edit

The wife thinks she would prefer the V3600i vs the two 15v spread on either side of the front wall.

Anyone have thoughts on one versus the other. Like I said placement options are limited. Would only be able to place in the front left (almost to the corner, same place I would put the single 15v) vertically. I'm not moved into the new house until Saturday so I'm not even entirely sure a second 15v would fit to the right of the tv/right speaker because the basement door is on that wall.

Let me know! Thanks!

Last edited by Rfitz89; Today at 01:31 PM.
post #27771 of 27772 Unread Today, 01:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 1219 Post(s)
Liked: 611
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rfitz89 View Post
I'm thinking of grabbing it! I have had my 15v for about a month and the wife approved a second. The V3600i should be way better than two 15Vs right?

I'm talking to Tom now... Need to measure it out I the new living room. My only placement would be front left corner. Going to compare dimensions from what I have on the website...

*Edit

The wife thinks she would prefer the V3600i vs the two 15v spread on either side of the front wall.

Anyone have thoughts on one versus the other. Like I said placement options are limited. Would only be able to place in the front left (almost to the corner, same place I would put the single 15v) vertically. I'm not moved into the new house until Saturday so I'm not even entirely sure a second 15v would fit to the right of the tv/right speaker because the basement door is on that wall.

Let me know! Thanks!
My thoughts are that you should find a way to keep duals. You will have great output, but it will have dips at a few frequencies, and possibly located bass because of room modes (nodes).

Or purchase one v3600i now, and sneak on of those little guys into the living room

You could possibly look into the s3600i (sealed version) because it won't be as noticeable because of the height. And because it's a dual opposed design, the cabinet remains basically inert so you can use them as end tables, placing items on top of them, without worrying about them falling off. Not to mention the tactile response you will gain by having them near field if possible.

So is a single v3600i better than two 15vs? No doubt. But some may enjoy the room smoothness of the dual subs over the output advantage of a single large sub.

_____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____
Receiver : Denon x5200
Front Stage : Martin Logan Motion 60XTs/Elac Debut F5 Center
Surround Speakers : HTD Level 2 Towers/RBH R5Bi Front and Rear Heights
Subwooferage : Dual UM-18s/6 SI HT18s
Born in 1995 and still continuing my HT journey
post #27772 of 27772 Unread Today, 01:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1357 Post(s)
Liked: 3412
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rfitz89 View Post

*Edit

Let me know! Thanks!
Yes a single V3600 will easily beat dual 15V's. How do I know? Because I had dual XV15SE's and when the V3600 arrived it immediately proved to be a huge improvement.

Now there is a lot to be said for going with dual subs and the smoothing effect it will have in the room. But if we are talking sheer output then the V3600 will trump the dual 15V's.

Allow me to add one important fact. The V3600 is larger than you think. You can use a tape measure to see if it will fit and all that but until you see a V3600 in person you really don't understand how big it is.

HT: PSA dual V3600's - PSA MTM-210T L/R - PSA MTM-210 Center- PSA 110sr Surrounds - Denon 3313CI - Sony BDP-S5200 - Panamax M4300 - Direct TV - Apple TV - Xbox360
Living Room: PSA XV15se - PSB Image T5 L/R - PSB Image B5 Center - Marantz SR5006 - Panasonic BDT210 - Panamax M4300 - Direct TV - Apple TV - Sony Wii
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Xs30 , Velodyne Sms 1 In Room Bass Correction Kit With Included Microphone , Denon Avr 3313ci Receiver , Denon Avr 4520ci Receiver , Power Sound Audio , Xv15 , Power Sound Audio Triax , Room Equilizer Wizard Rew , Denon Avr X4000 7 2 Channel Home Theater Receiver
Gear in this thread