Official Power Sound Audio Subwoofer Thread - Page 929 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 17476Likes

post #27841 of 27843 Old Today, 08:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 380 Post(s)
Liked: 110
"Order within a year of the initial purchase and you get the "dual" pricing. This can get tricky if the initial purchase was discounted for some reason but I'll do my best"

Thanks. No special discount on first purchase.

Here's what's going on.

Denon X4200. It can do 9 channels but only has 7 amps. So to do 7.x.2 or 5.x.4 need external amp. I've been playing with an extra receiver just to test the "extra" channel reproduction impact.

It doesn't really make a huge difference. Sounds so good to begin with at 5.1.2 that due to diminishing returns on that nasty bell curve, the investment in good amp and extra speakers may not equal bang for said buck.

BUT if I took the money I was going to use to invest in quality external amp and speakers and put that towards a 2nd S1500, thinking that bang for buck equation would speak for itself.....

Given what folks talk about with the 2nd SW.....

E.B. White said, "I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #27842 of 27843 Old Today, 09:19 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 1219 Post(s)
Liked: 1615
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmiddleton4 View Post
"Order within a year of the initial purchase and you get the "dual" pricing. This can get tricky if the initial purchase was discounted for some reason but I'll do my best"

Thanks. No special discount on first purchase.

Here's what's going on.

Denon X4200. It can do 9 channels but only has 7 amps. So to do 7.x.2 or 5.x.4 need external amp. I've been playing with an extra receiver just to test the "extra" channel reproduction impact.

It doesn't really make a huge difference. Sounds so good to begin with at 5.1.2 that due to diminishing returns on that nasty bell curve, the investment in good amp and extra speakers may not equal bang for said buck.

BUT if I took the money I was going to use to invest in quality external amp and speakers and put that towards a 2nd S1500, thinking that bang for buck equation would speak for itself.....

Given what folks talk about with the 2nd SW.....
Going from 5.1.2 to 5.2.2 can certainly provide some good benefits as long as you have some placement options to experiment with for the 2nd sub. As someone with a 5.2.2 setup, I think you are definitely on the right track

Your questions are answered: Speaker FAQ
HT: Energy RC-50 & RC-LCR, Ascend CBM-170 SE, PSB Imagine XA | PSA V1500 and CHT SS 18.1 | Denon X4200W | modified Dayton SA1000
Desktop: Sierra 1 | SVS SB-1000 | Audio-GD NFB-11 | Parasound Zamp
Headphone & Portable AKG K7XX | NAD HP50 | AKG K550 | Soundmagic E50 | DX50 | E12
post #27843 of 27843 Old Today, 09:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 1370 Post(s)
Liked: 3868
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimWilson View Post
I've heard things referenced to being the "bees knees", but the "ducks guts"? That's a new one on me...

Right around 18 seconds in..

God that belt whining around 38---never heard anything sound so beautiful in my life...

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio

“The only time you look in your neighbor's bowl is to make sure that they have enough. You don't look in your neighbor's bowl to see if you have as much as them.”
― Louis C.K.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Xs30 , Velodyne Sms 1 In Room Bass Correction Kit With Included Microphone , Denon Avr 3313ci Receiver , Denon Avr 4520ci Receiver , Power Sound Audio , Xv15 , Power Sound Audio Triax , Room Equilizer Wizard Rew , Denon Avr X4000 7 2 Channel Home Theater Receiver
Gear in this thread