Official Power Sound Audio Subwoofer Thread - Page 94 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
First ... 92  93  94 95  96  ... Last
Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers > Official Power Sound Audio Subwoofer Thread
basshead81's Avatar basshead81 07:59 PM 05-13-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by walke108 View Post

At higher (reference) levels, you are getting your money's worth! I upgraded from the XV-15 to the XS-30 because I wanted that in chest slam factor at reference levels. Not that the XV-15 couldn't do that but the XS-30 has more output in those chest pounding ranges.

any reason you didn't get another xv-15? You would of had the same chest pounding mid bass with substantially more outpout in the 15-30hz range with a smoother bass response across the room. Now if you are planning on adding a second xs30 then nevermind lol.

ahblaza's Avatar ahblaza 08:18 PM 05-13-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by basshead81 View Post

any reason you didn't get another xv-15? You would of had the same chest pounding mid bass with substantially more outpout in the 15-30hz range with a smoother bass response across the room. Now if you are planning on adding a second xs30 then nevermind lol.

I was in a similar situation, I got the second XV15 and decided to compare with the XS30 single, I wasn't planning on dual XS30s wink.gif Yes I was, the missus wasn't. It just amazes how articulate these subs are with everything, delicate yes, chest slamming yes, build quality yes and price, Oh and made in the USA. smile.gif
Cheers Jeffrey
Joshjp's Avatar Joshjp 08:48 PM 05-13-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahblaza View Post

I was in a similar situation, I got the second XV15 and decided to compare with the XS30 single, I wasn't planning on dual XS30s wink.gif Yes I was, the missus wasn't. It just amazes how articulate these subs are with everything, delicate yes, chest slamming yes, build quality yes and price, Oh and made in the USA. smile.gif
Cheers Jeffrey
Did you find the sound to be different from the XS-30 and the XV-15?, when i had the XS-30, it defenitly sounded different then the XV-30 i have now, i have 2 XV-30's now, i can tell the XV-30's have more output in the 20 Hz region, but the sound in my room is just not the same between the two.
Joshjp's Avatar Joshjp 08:49 PM 05-13-2013
This does not mean that the XV-30 sounds bad, as it does not, maybe because its ported, i havent had a ported sub for a while.
walke108's Avatar walke108 08:59 PM 05-13-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by basshead81 View Post

any reason you didn't get another xv-15? You would of had the same chest pounding mid bass with substantially more outpout in the 15-30hz range with a smoother bass response across the room. Now if you are planning on adding a second xs30 then nevermind lol.
I didn't go with a second XV-15 because of lack of space (no dedicated home theater) and because of WAF. I figured this would be a one and done so that's why I went with the XS30. Now, if we move to a house where I can have a dedicated theater, an additional XS30 will be a certainty. As for now, the nearfield XS30 is a thing of beauty.

JoshJP, I believe I could notice a difference between the XV15 and XS30. I want to say that the XS30 was a smoother sound, almost effortless. I know it's cliche but music sounded better to my untrained ears with the sealed sub. Give me a blind test and I would probably fail like the others!
ttnuagmada's Avatar ttnuagmada 09:05 PM 05-13-2013
Haven't posted in the thread in a while, but just figured I'd stop by and make sure everyone is aware of how awesome the XS-30 is! I've had mine about 3 months, and I still can't get over how great it is. Movies, music, video games, it doesn't matter. No problems of any kind with it either. Everyone needs one of these things.
tboe77's Avatar tboe77 09:40 PM 05-13-2013
I'm loving my XS30 more every time I hear something different on it. Checked out the "sonic cannons" scene from The Incredible Hulk today. I've watched that scene numerous times before, but this time I was hearing content that I didn't even know was there before!

And don't even get me started about Tron: Legacy. This is one smilin' muthaf**** right here!!! biggrin.gif
jbrown15's Avatar jbrown15 10:07 PM 05-13-2013
I hadn't had a chance to listen to my dual XS30's in about 5 weeks, over the weekend I watched "The Hobbit" with my 5 year old and then we watched the "Fellowship of the Ring" man I forgot how bad a$$ these subs are eek.gif

A couple of the scenes were crazy!...lol
Good times good times. I can't wait till my new mains show up.
basshead81's Avatar basshead81 10:27 PM 05-13-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrown15 View Post

I hadn't had a chance to listen to my dual XS30's in about 5 weeks, over the weekend I watched "The Hobbit" with my 5 year old and then we watched the "Fellowship of the Ring" man I forgot how bad a$$ these subs are eek.gif

A couple of the scenes were crazy!...lol
Good times good times. I can't wait till my new mains show up.

Thats some serious subwoofer neglect! tongue.gif
jbrown15's Avatar jbrown15 10:38 PM 05-13-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by basshead81 View Post

Thats some serious subwoofer neglect! tongue.gif

Yeah we had a leak in our basement foundation so our theater was out of commission for about 6 weeks. Trust me, I would have rather been using the theater then cutting up walls, having cracks patched and then re-drywalling and mudding, then painting and putting in new baseboards....lol
basshead81's Avatar basshead81 10:42 PM 05-13-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrown15 View Post

Yeah we had a leak in our basement foundation so our theater was out of commission for about 6 weeks. Trust me, I would have rather been using the theater then cutting up walls, having cracks patched and then re-drywalling and mudding, then painting and putting in new baseboards....lol

Bummer...sorry to hear that!
Jim Cutter's Avatar Jim Cutter 11:41 PM 05-13-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vodhanel View Post

Yes, that is correct. And with the room size and listening levels factored in....the XS15 is the way to go in my opinion.

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio

Trust me when Tom says you will love the XS15. He told me the same thing & I have 2 of them in my 2600^3 room & they sound wonderful, many times better then I even imagined! biggrin.gif
Joshjp's Avatar Joshjp 11:54 PM 05-13-2013
Hey guys, PSA has my XS-30b stock, it was a great subwoofer, save yourself some money and grab it, as it will be gone soon.
stm69's Avatar stm69 11:54 PM 05-13-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat1 View Post

If an XV15 is enough for most room,why would a guy need an XS30,XV30 let alone 2 of them?

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=ePenis

In all seriousness I'm a glutton for punishment with a car audio background. Old school 3 JLAudio 15W6's with a PPI A1200 in a small car. Aged a lot since but memories remain smile.gif
NWCgrad's Avatar NWCgrad 02:26 AM 05-14-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLaw612 View Post

Small world - I live in Frederick, MD.

Cool! I cannot wait to move back to Frederick this summer. Been gone two years in a place that has only two seasons, hot and rainy or hot and dry. I need some diversity. When my friend who lived in Egypt would complain about constant hot weather I thought he was exaggerating, having now experienced it he was not wrong.
Tom Vodhanel's Avatar Tom Vodhanel 12:51 PM 05-14-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshjp View Post

Hey guys, PSA has my XS-30b stock, it was a great subwoofer, save yourself some money and grab it, as it will be gone soon.


It was sold a few hours ago, we included it on today's outbound freight shipments. It did last about 18 hours though...that's a new record for a b-stock I believe.

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio
Joshjp's Avatar Joshjp 01:09 PM 05-14-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vodhanel View Post

It was sold a few hours ago, we included it on today's outbound freight shipments. It did last about 18 hours though...that's a new record for a b-stock I believe.

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio
I guess im GOOD LUCK smile.gif
CRAZYKAT's Avatar CRAZYKAT 01:51 PM 05-14-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshjp View Post

I guess im GOOD LUCK smile.gif

The XS30 is definitely a great product and your old one didn't last long on the market. smile.gif

I might add A+ to you for returning yours in like new condition when you changed to the XV30, That's what I'd like to get if I ever went with another XS30, not that I need another, I just want MORE. biggrin.gif
basshead81's Avatar basshead81 03:32 PM 05-14-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Cutter View Post

Trust me when Tom says you will love the XS15. He told me the same thing & I have 2 of them in my 2600^3 room & they sound wonderful, many times better then I even imagined! biggrin.gif
hey now he was not the only one...I about wore my keyboard out trying to convince ya lol.tongue.gif
ahblaza's Avatar ahblaza 07:30 PM 05-14-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshjp View Post

Did you find the sound to be different from the XS-30 and the XV-15?, when i had the XS-30, it defenitly sounded different then the XV-30 i have now, i have 2 XV-30's now, i can tell the XV-30's have more output in the 20 Hz region, but the sound in my room is just not the same between the two.

Josh, I have to mirror what Walke is saying, I loved the brute force of the dual XV15s and at the same time they were smooth as well. The XS30 just had the perfect blend of sheer force and the delicacy of a humming bird, I don't want to say they are fast cause I don't think that is a correct term but that was my impression, the slam was just there and instantly gone, if that makes sense. I listen to a lot of vinyl and the XS30 handles music in spades for me. It does whatever it's called on to do, slamming, precise and just right there. That thwack sound like Paul Bunyon splitting a giant oak is just mesmerizing, yet on quiet passages it just is so smooth and well defined in all areas, it never misses a beat. The last thing the XS30 is not is a one note wonder, plenty of subs prior to the XS30 could dig deep and had decent output but none with the sophistication of the XS30, I know this is redundant but it is just so natural and never breaks a sweat, when it comes to comparing the XS30 to another product of which I have high regard the Oppo 105, the XS30 is a universal sub that does everything asked of with no complaints, and on a very consistant basis. It just keeps surprising me, just when I think I've heard everything this sub has to offer, I'm shocked over and over. With duals it's like having headphones on. I just can't say enough about it, I really like the sealed design, it has the power and output of a ported sub but for lack of a better term it's the finess factor that draws me in. Consider the build quality and components used and the integration of these parts in the cabinet design (and price too) and it's hard not to like this sub. I considered one mega sub prior to the dual PSA subs but that thought has since been a fading memory.
Cheers Jeffrey:)
tboe77's Avatar tboe77 07:48 PM 05-14-2013
+1!
Jim Cutter's Avatar Jim Cutter 11:18 PM 05-14-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by basshead81 View Post

hey now he was not the only one...I about wore my keyboard out trying to convince ya lol.tongue.gif

That you did. biggrin.gif Most people tried to convince me to get the XV15 but I'm so happy that I bought the XS15 as it's so smooth being a sealed design. wink.gif
jbrown15's Avatar jbrown15 12:02 AM 05-15-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Cutter View Post

That you did. biggrin.gif Most people tried to convince me to get the XV15 but I'm so happy that I bought the XS15 as it's so smooth being a sealed design. wink.gif

Now just imagine what dual XS30's would be like in your room! wink.gif
basshead81's Avatar basshead81 09:38 AM 05-15-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Cutter View Post

That you did. biggrin.gif Most people tried to convince me to get the XV15 but I'm so happy that I bought the XS15 as it's so smooth being a sealed design. wink.gif

True, I did recommend xv15's but my main goal was to steer ya towards a 15" PSA and away from a 10" SVS. Glad you are loving those xs15's!!
basshead81's Avatar basshead81 09:39 AM 05-15-2013
On a side note, I spoke with Tom this morning via email and he said to expect something new in the next 3 days. Tom said I might want to upgrade from my xv15's lol.
steve nn's Avatar steve nn 09:49 AM 05-15-2013
Quote:
On a side note, I spoke with Tom this morning via email and he said to expect something new in the next 3 days. Tom said I might want to upgrade from my xv15's lol.
HA! Oh dear......... tongue.gif
Goat1's Avatar Goat1 09:59 AM 05-15-2013
Thinking about selling my XV15 and getting a XS30..
ahblaza's Avatar ahblaza 10:54 AM 05-15-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat1 View Post

Thinking about selling my XV15 and getting a XS30..

Go for it.
Goat1's Avatar Goat1 10:57 AM 05-15-2013
Interesting.. I wonder if it will have more power and a better woofer?
jarretc's Avatar jarretc 11:14 AM 05-15-2013
I ordered my first PSA product just a few days ago and after speaking with Tom I'll be getting the first of the new product.

Can't divulge anymore than that though wink.gif

Should be a nice upgrade from my dual RW-12Ds
Tags: Xs30 , Velodyne Sms 1 In Room Bass Correction Kit With Included Microphone , Denon Avr 3313ci Receiver , Denon Avr 4520ci Receiver , Power Sound Audio , Xv15 , Power Sound Audio Triax , Room Equilizer Wizard Rew , Denon Avr X4000 7 2 Channel Home Theater Receiver
First ... 92  93  94 95  96  ... Last

Up
Mobile  Desktop