AVS Forum banner
6M views 82K replies 2K participants last post by  WestCoastD 
#1 · (Edited)
This is a thread about the Tom Vodhanel and Jim Farina founded.

Power Sound Audio

This is thread is for discussion about Power Sound Audio. New products, speculation, product recommendation and support of PSA products.

Other Power Sound Audio product threads / forums

Official PSA Triax Thread

Power Sound Audio Speaker Thread

Power Sound Vendor forum (here at AVS)

Contact Power Sound Audio

Contact Power Sound Audio via email

Power Sound Audio on Facebook

Power Sound Audio on Twitter

PSA 01 Series CEA2010 Data (dosen't include S7201)

Please feel free to ask questions, and talk about all things PSA related. If you haven't already you should consider emailing PSA at the provided link, to get the best recommendation for you room.

See less See more
#12,221 ·
Ordered my dual XS15se's yesterday! Tom says I should have them by Friday, and I'll set them up over next weekend. Can't wait to try them out!
congrats on the purchase of your new subs... im looking at those as well.. may I ask why you decided on a pair of xs15se?

thanks and enjoy!
Really just price and the advice of those on this thread. I was looking at PSA, Rhythmik, and SVS. I chose the 2xs15se's over 1 xs30se in order to gain better sound equalization. I didn't go ported because it was a little outside my budget, and I had ported before and I find sealed to provide a tighter, cleaner sound that I like. The duals should give me a nice flat bass and plenty of extension for my room. We'll see in a week!

nice .. let us know what you think..

#12,223 ·
Today I watched Olympic has fallen in my 10x14 sealed room with my triax and my pb 12 plus the triax just kills my room the triax hits very low bass that u could feel big time and I haven't even hit reference yet.
Hi Robert,

I still remember our initial conversations about the Triax. You were considering ordering duals for that room. I was trying to convince you to just start with one. There has got to be some serious pressurization going on there..:)

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio

#12,224 ·
Ordered my dual XS15se's yesterday! Tom says I should have them by Friday, and I'll set them up over next weekend. Can't wait to try them out!
congrats on the purchase of your new subs... im looking at those as well.. may I ask why you decided on a pair of xs15se?

thanks and enjoy!
Really just price and the advice of those on this thread. I was looking at PSA, Rhythmik, and SVS. I chose the 2xs15se's over 1 xs30se in order to gain better sound equalization. I didn't go ported because it was a little outside my budget, and I had ported before and I find sealed to provide a tighter, cleaner sound that I like. The duals should give me a nice flat bass and plenty of extension for my room. We'll see in a week!
Hi Quentin, These should be shipping out in about an hour. We'll have all the tracking info on the way soon.

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio

#12,225 ·
most important thing to me is blending with the music from my studio 100s naturally.. be crossing over 50-60hz area .. subs will be set up with left and right stereo output for 2 channel

for movies they will me mono channel.. and about 8 ft apart.. 7db loss over the vented sub sounds massive .. will the xs 15 still have enough output and round 16 20 hz
to be usefull for movies?

thanks
From what I understand, Josh Ricci has tested the XS15, we are just waiting for the review to be posted. As far as if they will have enough output on movies, only you can determine that. One would probably give way more than most people could ever want. For others, four would fall short.
He is still in the process of completing all the data collection. Then he has to review, edit, format, etc. Then we get it for peer review, comments, etc. In other words, it may be a few days, or a few weeks. We must remember that Josh does this in his "spare time" and that much of it can only be accomplished "weather permitting"..:) He needs to increase his rates too. I know how much time and work goes into these tests.

I know I'm bias a bit here but our charting on the website should match up with his stuff very well...+/- half a dB for example....FR as well. I know every wants to see the "guts" though...Group delay, Impulse, Compression, etc. I don't blame you guys..:)

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio
Just a heads up, we have seen most/all of the data now I believe and Josh is hoping to have the time to update his site with the XS15se and XV30Fse data sets in the next day or two.

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio

#12,228 ·
I am glad a sealed and ported sub were tested instead of the XS15 and XS30 which I believe was mentioned initially. That way we can have a idea of how the entire power X lineup will perform.
I think we have 2 XS30se out for review now. One with a new reviewer(for us) that also does CEA-2010.

I wouldn't be surprised if we sent Josh the XV15se later this summer/ early fall with the Triax in tow..:)

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio

#12,229 ·
Every sub you make tested independently by third parties? That's not allowed is it? :D I do believe you will be the only company to claim that. Says a lot about your confidence in your products and advertised output data. :)

#12,230 ·
Every sub you make tested independently by third parties? That's not allowed is it? :D I do believe you will be the only company to claim that. Says a lot about your confidence in your products and advertised output data. :)
I have no doubt in my mind, people like "he who shall not be named" will call bs. Will say the testers were paid off. That the conditions were faked. SOMETHING, so in their petty little minds they're right and everybody else is wrong. :D:rolleyes:

I keep thinking of getting another errr a new xv15se, but.. alas, I still have way too many hobbies. lol :eek:

#12,232 ·
I have no doubt in my mind, people like "he who shall not be named" will call bs. Will say the testers were paid off. That the conditions were faked. SOMETHING, so in their petty little minds they're right and everybody else is wrong. :D:rolleyes:

I keep thinking of getting another errr a new xv15se, but.. alas, I still have way too many hobbies. lol :eek:
Oh I'm quite sure everything we measure well in----will be down played as meaningless. And anything we don't measure better than everyone else? That will suddenly become the most important metric in the subwoofer universe. When the sole goal is to unfairly critic a product/brand....that is just the way you have to do things. We have seen this practice before of course..:)

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio

#12,233 ·
Tom, do you expect an increase in sales due to the third party testing/reviews, and, if so, do you expect to be able to meet the demand?
Hard to say. Jim and I are complete novices when it comes to SEO and analytics. We have been trying to learn more as time allows but there is just so much time in the week. When it comes to Josh I'd think the large majority of folks who visit his site already know who we are and what we sell. So probably not much in the way of new visitors to the site.

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio

#12,234 ·
I am glad a sealed and ported sub were tested instead of the XS15 and XS30 which I believe was mentioned initially. That way we can have a idea of how the entire power X lineup will perform.
I think we have 2 XS30se out for review now. One with a new reviewer(for us) that also does CEA-2010.

I wouldn't be surprised if we sent Josh the XV15se later this summer/ early fall with the Triax in tow..:)

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio
:cool:

#12,237 ·
I love this quote, and I'm sure Tom does too. :)

"Based on the measurements and performance metrics alone it compares quite well to other commercial sealed subwoofers at 2x to 3x the price. "