Forum Jump: 

post #12901 of 12916 Old Yesterday, 09:52 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by drwinlied View Post
I should just walk away from this forum for a few months. This is why I stopped going to slickguns, rctech, ls1tech, and many, many others...I suffer from consumerism with a big ol' side of upgradeitis. it's serious, doc.

Random question, does PSA do any black friday stuff? Or any ID for that matter?

I have had 0 hits on my "3.2 Phase 2; SW upgrade", aka 'which sw(s) should I buy' in the main sw forum...and I've read about 60-80 pages of this thread. I am no closer to an answer now than I was when I started...but I have learned a great deal haha.

For me, I think it really does come down to PSA...

There are 2 XV15's for sale fairly local to me (~3hours round trip) for 1k. I really want to get these, but my upgradeitis says to just get 2 new XV15se's...at which point my upgradeitis says to just get a single XS30se and then get another one later. Any of these will be an upgrade from current dual dayton 1200's. I just can't seem to get my head around the return on investment from the XV15 @1k vs XV15se @1700 (or 1500 if I can work out the internals swap).

Ultimately, I just have to make a decision...but my Fear of Missing out (FOMO) combined with my upgradeitis is killing me. Maybe I get the 2 used...upgrade them...buy another new...have 3. lol it never ends. I'm going to bed.

/rant

I would like to say there is an insane amount of good information on this thread alone and thanks to everyone for their input, knowledge, & time. This site is good stuff...and also the reason I don't have a soundbar quality HT anymore...
Welcome to the thread! My best advice would be to chat with Tom, either through the chat feature on the PSA website or email. He is a super cool dude and also really knowledgeable. Additionally he doesn't oversell his products (I can in fully ready to get dual XV30se's and he talked me down to xv15se's based on my situation).

Of those choices, personally I would either grab the xv15's and stick with the original hardware, or just buy brand new xv15se's (nothing beats brand spanking new!). Either way talk with Tom about these options and he will provide great insight for you.

Happy hunting sir!

Edit: regarding upgraditis, I've determined that never goes away, no matter what I get there is always that nagging feeling there is "more". Just look at the guy here that has four Triax's!

Last edited by FattyMcButterPants; Yesterday at 09:58 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12902 of 12916 Old Today, 08:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Liked: 696
Quote:
Originally Posted by basshead81 View Post
Get the xv15's for 1k...if you end up wanting more you can upgrade them for 500.00 which puts you 200.00 cheaper then a new pair.

Oh and nice to see a member from another forum I frequent (LS1tech.com).

That is probably the best value....2 XV15 for $1000 is the cheapest I've ever heard of them going for used. You get the remainder of the warranty(at least 3 more years or so) too. The next best option might be to start with a single XS15se at $899 and add a second one down the road if you feel the need. If you add the second one within one year of the initial purchase it is $799($100 discount).

LS1tech? Getting all fancy now are we..

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio
post #12903 of 12916 Old Today, 08:19 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by basshead81 View Post
Get the xv15's for 1k...if you end up wanting more you can upgrade them for 500.00 which puts you 200.00 cheaper then a new pair.

Oh and nice to see a member from another forum I frequent (LS1tech.com).
Yeah I think I will see about picking up those used XV's. My only concern is I am 99% sure I'll want to upgrade them at some point...and then it's $500 on top of about a $200 time/money/effort estimate of going and getting them...(I swear that's how the # worked out before this started going down haha) which puts me even with a new, fully warrantied pair. Does the warranty re-up once you upgrade? I'll ask Tom...

I ran away from LS1Tech in a hurry. I actually specifically bought my current car because there was ZERO aftermarket for it...because I know how I am...I had about 5k already planned out in upgrades before I had the car I wanted, thanks to ls1tech...and if there is one thing more than HT stuff my wife just doesn't get the need to spend money on...it's car parts lol. I nearly fully bolted/tuned my last car and managed to get out before the big upgrades came (bigger turbos (and all the supporting mods for that)). Issue with all of the above? I should've just bought the car I wanted because I've managed to find the only two mods for my Genesis sedan (exhaust...K&N lol) and I can't take it anymore. Should've got the CTSV wagon in the first place and been done with it. I'm only prolonging the inevitable...if I talk anymore about selling my car and buying that wagon...my wife may actually stab me haha...jk

Quote:
Originally Posted by FattyMcButterPants View Post
Welcome to the thread! My best advice would be to chat with Tom, either through the chat feature on the PSA website or email. He is a super cool dude and also really knowledgeable. Additionally he doesn't oversell his products (I can in fully ready to get dual XV30se's and he talked me down to xv15se's based on my situation).

Of those choices, personally I would either grab the xv15's and stick with the original hardware, or just buy brand new xv15se's (nothing beats brand spanking new!). Either way talk with Tom about these options and he will provide great insight for you.

Happy hunting sir!

Edit: regarding upgraditis, I've determined that never goes away, no matter what I get there is always that nagging feeling there is "more". Just look at the guy here that has four Triax's!
I have talked to Tom a few times now; and he's been most helpful. He also suggested the XV15se vs the XS30se route. My room is actually pretty small, and even when we open it up by knocking the wall down it will only grow to medium.

We just got our escrow refund from the house we recently sold...I swear I have 3rd degree burns on my leg

Anyway, I tend to be a bit long-winded. Thank you for your advice, gentlemen. good day!
post #12904 of 12916 Old Today, 08:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oshia86 View Post
I'm glad you're looking for new personnel for reviews. I imagine it can be overwhelming when an entire industry relies on one or a select few to do the reviews.That's one thing I haven't enjoyed too much about internet direct subs. I don't really buy something like this unless I can see a review and directly compare. Now, I'm pretty much dead set on a XV15SE, just nothing in graph form yet. I wished this part of the industry moved faster. I can get information about a phone or benchmarks for a new cpu/gpu before they are released but it takes months to get numbers on a sub. I know, it is a much smaller industry, but still. There is always that thought of "well, Fuji's new hybrids look nice, that would get me outside and my family would enjoy that, maybe I want to spend my money that way". No, this guy needs a new sub, not something to make his asthma flare up.
I believe the new XS30se review will be (E)Published later today. As soon as its up we'll link it.

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio
Billy p likes this.
post #12905 of 12916 Old Today, 09:28 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 22
That's awesome, Tom! I really can't wait to join the club and see what the fuss is about.
post #12906 of 12916 Old Today, 10:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 943
Quote:
Originally Posted by oshia86 View Post
That's awesome, Tom! I really can't wait to join the club and see what the fuss is about.
Oh, you're in for a treat!

Onkyo TX-NR3009 - Emotiva XPA-2 300 WPC - Polk Audio RTiA9 Mains - CSiA6 Center - F/XiA6 Surrounds - Dual PSA XV-15se Subwoofers - Samsung UN55C8000 3D LED TV - Samsung BD-F5900 3D Bluray - WDTV Live HD Media Player with 6TB External Storage - Nintendo Wii - XBox 360 - Logitech Harmony One...
post #12907 of 12916 Old Today, 10:56 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vodhanel View Post
That is probably the best value....2 XV15 for $1000 is the cheapest I've ever heard of them going for used. You get the remainder of the warranty(at least 3 more years or so) too. The next best option might be to start with a single XS15se at $899 and add a second one down the road if you feel the need. If you add the second one within one year of the initial purchase it is $799($100 discount).

LS1tech? Getting all fancy now are we..

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio

I used to be on LS1Tech also ,til I sold my 99 Ram Air Trans am. Now I'm on LS1GTO 2005 GTO
PS. my XS30 is still up for sale..$850.
post #12908 of 12916 Old Today, 11:22 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowTech1 View Post
I used to be on LS1Tech also ,til I sold my 99 Ram Air Trans am. Now I'm on LS1GTO 2005 GTO
PS. my XS30 is still up for sale..$850.
You're a member of ls1gto? I spend most of my day logged into there. I have the same name on that site. I'm usually always in the lounge.

I had an 06 with a torquer 2 cam, Kooks headers, loud exhaust, etc.

drwinlied likes this.
post #12909 of 12916 Old Today, 11:32 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 42
I'm not on there much. My name on there is irocem99. I have a 2005 Yellow/Black Stripes. Had it at Car Craft last weekend in St Paul ,Mn..Good times!
post #12910 of 12916 Old Today, 11:58 AM

Annnnnnnd I pulled the trigger on the XV15's, used. got those, and some old def tech's (SM450 (x2) CLR2000) for a little over 1300. I'm happy with that and now I can basically just make another 3.2 system downstairs in the game room with the DT's and my old subs because I already have an extra AVR laying around. I like it when a plan comes together...

Thanks everyone for helping me spend money.
post #12911 of 12916 Old Today, 12:09 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Annnnnnnd I pulled the trigger on the XV15's, used. got those, and some old def tech's (SM450 (x2) CLR2000) for a little over 1300. I'm happy with that and now I can basically just make another 3.2 system downstairs in the game room with the DT's and my old subs because I already have an extra AVR laying around. I like it when a plan comes together...

Thanks everyone for helping me spend money.

where di you get used XV15 ? you got 2 XV15's ?

craigslist ?

wow.. nice price you got all those speakers for..

TIA
post #12912 of 12916 Old Today, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg_Optoma View Post
where di you get used XV15 ? you got 2 XV15's ?

craigslist ?

wow.. nice price you got all those speakers for..

TIA
Yeah 2 used XV15's and the DT's. Craigslist. This guy has been trying to unload them for a few months...I guess no one local enough to pick them up. He apparently has JTR Captivators so no need for these XV's. Lucky me, in that case.
post #12913 of 12916 Old Today, 12:34 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Yes, I am the guy....I have posted in this thread a couple times they were up for sale. They are also listed in the classified section. I don't have the boxes thats why I haven't shipped. This is a REALLY GOOD DEAL for drwinlied.

There not his yet as he hasn't paid
drwinlied likes this.
post #12914 of 12916 Old Today, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill1908 View Post
Yes, I am the guy....I have posted in this thread a couple times they were up for sale. They are also listed in the classified section. I don't have the boxes thats why I haven't shipped. This is a REALLY GOOD DEAL for drwinlied.

There not his yet as he hasn't paid
Ha. I just submitted payment again...who uses ".net" anyway
post #12915 of 12916 Old Today, 02:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Hi all,

XS30se review is up. As I mentioned previously, the CEA-2010 will be included in this review as an update in the near future.

http://referencehometheater.com/revi...woofer-review/

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio
post #12916 of 12916 Old Today, 02:19 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Ha. I just submitted payment again...who uses ".net" anyway
The deal didn't work out. These are still available.
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Xs30 , Velodyne Sms 1 In Room Bass Correction Kit With Included Microphone , Denon Avr 3313ci Receiver , Denon Avr 4520ci Receiver , Power Sound Audio , Xv15 , Power Sound Audio Triax , Room Equilizer Wizard Rew , Denon Avr X4000 7 2 Channel Home Theater Receiver
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page