Forum Jump: 

post #12901 of 12901 Old Yesterday, 09:52 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by drwinlied View Post
I should just walk away from this forum for a few months. This is why I stopped going to slickguns, rctech, ls1tech, and many, many others...I suffer from consumerism with a big ol' side of upgradeitis. it's serious, doc.

Random question, does PSA do any black friday stuff? Or any ID for that matter?

I have had 0 hits on my "3.2 Phase 2; SW upgrade", aka 'which sw(s) should I buy' in the main sw forum...and I've read about 60-80 pages of this thread. I am no closer to an answer now than I was when I started...but I have learned a great deal haha.

For me, I think it really does come down to PSA...

There are 2 XV15's for sale fairly local to me (~3hours round trip) for 1k. I really want to get these, but my upgradeitis says to just get 2 new XV15se's...at which point my upgradeitis says to just get a single XS30se and then get another one later. Any of these will be an upgrade from current dual dayton 1200's. I just can't seem to get my head around the return on investment from the XV15 @1k vs XV15se @1700 (or 1500 if I can work out the internals swap).

Ultimately, I just have to make a decision...but my Fear of Missing out (FOMO) combined with my upgradeitis is killing me. Maybe I get the 2 used...upgrade them...buy another new...have 3. lol it never ends. I'm going to bed.

/rant

I would like to say there is an insane amount of good information on this thread alone and thanks to everyone for their input, knowledge, & time. This site is good stuff...and also the reason I don't have a soundbar quality HT anymore...
Welcome to the thread! My best advice would be to chat with Tom, either through the chat feature on the PSA website or email. He is a super cool dude and also really knowledgeable. Additionally he doesn't oversell his products (I can in fully ready to get dual XV30se's and he talked me down to xv15se's based on my situation).

Of those choices, personally I would either grab the xv15's and stick with the original hardware, or just buy brand new xv15se's (nothing beats brand spanking new!). Either way talk with Tom about these options and he will provide great insight for you.

Happy hunting sir!

Edit: regarding upgraditis, I've determined that never goes away, no matter what I get there is always that nagging feeling there is "more". Just look at the guy here that has four Triax's!

Last edited by FattyMcButterPants; Yesterday at 09:58 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Xs30 , Velodyne Sms 1 In Room Bass Correction Kit With Included Microphone , Denon Avr 3313ci Receiver , Denon Avr 4520ci Receiver , Power Sound Audio , Xv15 , Power Sound Audio Triax , Room Equilizer Wizard Rew , Denon Avr X4000 7 2 Channel Home Theater Receiver
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page