post #12961 of 12962 Old Today, 05:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 1330
Quote:
Originally Posted by FattyMcButterPants View Post
Ever since I read this at work I've been dying to get home and lightly press on the driver to see if it scratches.... Glad to report nothing of the sort.

Also a new tip of the day sounds great, you know, for those of is with measly 3lb brains.
I can gurantee there is nothing wrong with your subs. I have worked mine like $2 whores and they are flawless. They will take much mkre abuse then Tom leads on. He is just being conservative so the customer does not get upset when he does not cover a warranty claim for sine wave testing. That being said stick to REW sweeps and lay off the steady state tones.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12962 of 12962 Old Today, 06:18 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 116
I run my four XV15SEs dual corner stacked upfront L&R at about 7dB hot and my pant legs are flapping and I feel like I just got a face lift every time I've watched a BD movie. These subs have about 12 hours of playing time on them as I've spent a month trying to find the right location for them and the solution was right in front of my eyes. It's also tough since I just had my second total hip replacement surgery July 1st. These are just quick setups manually with SPL meter and test tones. Will calibrate and dial them in soon. Also getting ready ( I am a patient man Tom and Jim) for my signature series autographed by Tom Vohanel and Jim Farina serial #1 made in the USA exclusively for Jeffrey L Nordi.. Lots to do yet but it just keeps getting better and better, I wanted to sell the four (or trade ) XV15SEs for dual XV30FSEs because I've been trying to duplicate the 30s sound as this is the only sub that has not taken residence in my home, thanks to Jim I decided to keep the Four15s dual stacked as they still have four drivers and each driver has more amp power per driver than the XV30, again thanks yo my friend Jim for this. I can honestly say that this an addiction, I am a recovering alcoholic with lot of sober time but with PSA subs and speakers it is difficult, I should start a SSA meeting (subwoofers speakers anonymous), problem is I won't stop using.
Cheers to all, Jeffrey Nordi

j_nordi
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Xs30 , Velodyne Sms 1 In Room Bass Correction Kit With Included Microphone , Denon Avr 3313ci Receiver , Denon Avr 4520ci Receiver , Power Sound Audio , Xv15 , Power Sound Audio Triax , Room Equilizer Wizard Rew , Denon Avr X4000 7 2 Channel Home Theater Receiver
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page