post #12961 of 12967 Old Yesterday, 05:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 1330
Quote:
Originally Posted by FattyMcButterPants View Post
Ever since I read this at work I've been dying to get home and lightly press on the driver to see if it scratches.... Glad to report nothing of the sort.

Also a new tip of the day sounds great, you know, for those of is with measly 3lb brains.
I can gurantee there is nothing wrong with your subs. I have worked mine like $2 whores and they are flawless. They will take much mkre abuse then Tom leads on. He is just being conservative so the customer does not get upset when he does not cover a warranty claim for sine wave testing. That being said stick to REW sweeps and lay off the steady state tones.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12962 of 12967 Old Yesterday, 06:18 PM

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 116
I run my four XV15SEs dual corner stacked upfront L&R at about 7dB hot and my pant legs are flapping and I feel like I just got a face lift every time I've watched a BD movie. These subs have about 12 hours of playing time on them as I've spent a month trying to find the right location for them and the solution was right in front of my eyes. It's also tough since I just had my second total hip replacement surgery July 1st. These are just quick setups manually with SPL meter and test tones. Will calibrate and dial them in soon. Also getting ready ( I am a patient man Tom and Jim) for my signature series autographed by Tom Vohanel and Jim Farina serial #1 made in the USA exclusively for Jeffrey L Nordi.. Lots to do yet but it just keeps getting better and better, I wanted to sell the four (or trade ) XV15SEs for dual XV30FSEs because I've been trying to duplicate the 30s sound as this is the only sub that has not taken residence in my home, thanks to Jim I decided to keep the Four15s dual stacked as they still have four drivers and each driver has more amp power per driver than the XV30, again thanks yo my friend Jim for this. I can honestly say that this an addiction, I am a recovering alcoholic with lot of sober time but with PSA subs and speakers it is difficult, I should start a SSA meeting (subwoofers speakers anonymous), problem is I won't stop using.
Cheers to all, Jeffrey Nordi

j_nordi
post #12963 of 12967 Old Yesterday, 08:02 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by basshead81 View Post
I can gurantee there is nothing wrong with your subs. I have worked mine like $2 whores and they are flawless. They will take much mkre abuse then Tom leads on. He is just being conservative so the customer does not get upset when he does not cover a warranty claim for sine wave testing. That being said stick to REW sweeps and lay off the steady state tones.
Haha thanks! I'll have to download REW sometime and possibly get mic... Along with mini dsp... So much to do.
post #12964 of 12967 Old Yesterday, 08:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 944
Quote:
Originally Posted by FattyMcButterPants View Post
Haha thanks! I'll have to download REW sometime and possibly get mic... Along with mini dsp... So much to do.
So few things to buy, so much money... scratch that, reverse it. LOL
post #12965 of 12967 Old Yesterday, 10:42 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Unreal man, 6 days after the amp in my xv15se locked up, I got my replacement. It lasted less than 10 minutes. Same exact issue as the first one. This is extremely frustrating. =/
post #12966 of 12967 Old Today, 06:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 356
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vodhanel View Post
The Triax has shipped with only one driver model. The 15" *Q* variant from Scott Atwell(Fi). We are always experimenting with different ideas but at the moment we don't have any set plans to change the Triax design.

The original driver we had planned for the Triax never worked out due to vendor issues (incompetence).

Comparing the current SE drivers to the "incomp" drivers that we never used......the SE drivers do measure better in the Triax design.

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio
So how do the current SE drivers compare to the current drivers used in the Triax?

post #12967 of 12967 Old Today, 07:55 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 19
soooo torn if I should keep xs15 or upgrade to xv15....

Denon X4000
Emotiva LPA-1
Epson 5020ub::::100" ES Cinewhite
PS4::::Toshiba HD-A35::::Marantz UD5007
Martin Logan Stage center::::Martin Logan Aerius I as L/R::::Canton GLE 402s as R/RS
PSA XS15se:::::Klipsch Synergy Sub-12
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Xs30 , Velodyne Sms 1 In Room Bass Correction Kit With Included Microphone , Denon Avr 3313ci Receiver , Denon Avr 4520ci Receiver , Power Sound Audio , Xv15 , Power Sound Audio Triax , Room Equilizer Wizard Rew , Denon Avr X4000 7 2 Channel Home Theater Receiver
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page