HSU VTF-2 MK 4 or VTF-3 MK4 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 11-11-2011, 08:38 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I'm in the process of buying my first HT in over 10 years. This HT will be used for TV/movies in a 5.1 setup. The room size is 23'l, 15'6"w, 8'h.

Now my question, is the VTF-3 worth the extra $186 for some one that does not listen to music? Would I be just as happy with the VTF-2 since I won't be messing with the sealed option? Just from the little bit of reading I have done it seems the sealed option is best for music.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 11-11-2011, 08:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meers View Post

I'm in the process of buying my first HT in over 10 years. This HT will be used for TV/movies in a 5.1 setup. The room size is 23'l, 15'6"w, 8'h.

Now my question, is the VTF-3 worth the extra $186 for some one that does not listen to music? Would I be just as happy with the VTF-2 since I won't be messing with the sealed option? Just from the little bit of reading I have done it seems the sealed option is best for music.

Seems to me the VTF-3 is a larger sub built for larger rooms. Both subs have a sealed option. $186 over 10 years doesn't amount to much. With the VTF-3 you can run in Maximum Extension and should have enough headroom. Nice to have the 16Hz response of the larger VTF-3.
post #3 of 4 Old 11-11-2011, 09:05 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Ty for the quick response. I missed the sealed option on the VTF-2. Thanks for correcting me. The little extra money is not a big deal. I just didn't want to pay for something I didn't need.

I'm not sure what Maximum Extension is but a quick search on google will take care of that

Thank you for helping me out. Sounds like the VTF-3 is the better option.
post #4 of 4 Old 11-11-2011, 09:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meers View Post

Ty for the quick response. I missed the sealed option on the VTF-2. Thanks for correcting me. The little extra money is not a big deal. I just didn't want to pay for something I didn't need.

I'm not sure what Maximum Extension is but a quick search on google will take care of that

Thank you for helping me out. Sounds like the VTF-3 is the better option.

VTF stands for Variable Tuning Frequency. You place a foam rubber plug into one of the 2 ports on the VTF, and flip a switch on the amp and it lowers the tuning frequency. You can run the VTF-3 in Maximum Extension for 16 Hz response or in Maximum Output which raises the tuning frequency to 22 Hz. Nice to have the choice.
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Hsu Vtf2 Mk4

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page