Energy S10.3 vs Bic F12.V1220 - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 33 Old 11-29-2011, 09:37 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Thanks for the great advice everyone. I set the subs volume to about 10 o'clock before running Audyssey again. It set the level to -8db. This was still a little low for me so I ended up settling on -4db, where the sub is not overpowering but still provides a good slap in the chest during a large explosion in a movie. I must say that I am very happy with the Energy. I have it set up in my living room at the moment since the theater is not completed yet. Both rooms are similar in size so I feel like I am getting a pretty good test for how it will sound in the theater. The sub has plenty of power. It performs very well with music while also providing the heavy effects for home theater. I am very happy with my purchase. Thank you to everyone for your great and helpful advice!

The Austin Home Theater:
A DIY high school project (now complete and being enjoyed everyday)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 33 Old 12-01-2011, 12:06 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I got my S10.3 today, and I have a somewhat off-the-wall question. I saw some reference to someone whose LED had broken being offered a new one. Does that imply that there are easy-enough instructions for getting at the LED, and can one easily break the LED on purpose? Seems like a more desirable result than having electrical tape on the front of the speaker. Has anyone tried silver mylar tape? And if so, how does it look? I have been considering some black mylar tape for my Kuro's blue LED for quite some time. If only I could get really short lengths for pennies.
post #33 of 33 Old 12-01-2011, 06:50 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 22
I recieved my s10.3 as well,I calibrated it with my Sony str-dg1000 receiver dcac,volume on sub set at 11'o clock and reciever set internal sub volume @ -4db all sounds sweet.

I'am just playing a ton of music at the moment breaking it in before I let it rip with the movies.

Two songs that make the bass really shine is " Information Society's - Running " and Niki Minaj's - Super Bass....These two songs will tell you if your bass on your subwoofer is properly calibrated..
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Bic Venturi Subwoofer V1220
Gear in this thread - V1220 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page