Buttkicker - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 11-23-2011, 07:07 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Does anyone have experience using the Buttkicker? I'm thinking about getting one but would like to read some reviews.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 11-24-2011, 03:43 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 48
The Buttkicker website has links to some professional reviews:

http://thebuttkicker.com/reviews/index.htm

I've used one of the original Buttkicker shakers for about 10 years. They don't make that particular model anymore but it's basically a larger version of the Buttkicker LFE. In addition to my subs, my receiver's LFE output goes to a Buttkicker BKA1000 amp, then to the shaker which is attached to the floor joists under my couch. (There's a crawl space under my theater room.) The amp passes frequencies under 60 Hz to the shaker.

If you enjoy action flicks a shaker can add to the realism. My favorite shaker movie is "Contact". When Ellie (Jodie Foster) rides the capsule through the wormhole the Buttkicker energizes the whole room. Feeling the vibrations in your feet & buns while viewing the violent shaking of the capsule makes you feel like you're in there with her. Movies with "exploding things" have more impact. I think you'd find a shaker to be a fun enhancement to your home theater.
post #3 of 4 Old 11-24-2011, 03:58 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Go to advance search, use title search only option and "buttkicker" as your search word. There are over a 100 existing threads that delve into the buttkicker product. Here's one of those threads that should get you started:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...ght=buttkicker

"Retired" AVS Moderator
post #4 of 4 Old 11-24-2011, 04:03 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 33
I just installed two Buttkicker LFE's and the Buttkicker BKA1000 amp and I LOVE them. I used the LFE leg plates in each corner of my sectional couch and I can only turn the amp up 1/4 of the way. I thought I was happy with my two ML Abyss subwoofers but now I realize what I was missing all along. I plugged the amp into one of the LFE outputs on one of my subs and ran one speaker wire to the LFE units. In fact, I want to go bigger than 60" for my TV now, my sound system is out classing my TV:/

Oppo BDP103, Mitsubishi WD8240, Klipsch RF-63's, Pioneer Elite SC-25, Furman Elite 15, Emotiva XPA-5, Harmony 1100, Rythmik FV15HP

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page