AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpray1983 View Post

Ya man there is always extra room.

With all this positive feedback and commited attendees im thinking we should get this event catered. Maybe Philly cheesesteaks for the folks from out of town?!?!?!?!

Maybe a vegetarian option too for the wives and gf's that are attending. My girlfriend just said "oh there will definitely be salad!" Hehe

I had both pats and genos. Both are different and excellent.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 431 Old 12-16-2011, 07:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccotenj View Post

gonna try VERY hard, believe me... i don't want to miss this... it's one of those "family things" that my mother dropped on me this week (gotta haul my carcass up to maine), but i might be able to blow off the saturday party and drive up there saturday night to see her sunday...

darnit... i may need you guys to web cam it...

Im from Maine...the drive from my house in Delaware takes 7 hours exactly to Portland.
post #93 of 431 Old 12-16-2011, 07:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Is the address going to be pm'd to those interested in coming? I would like to figure out exactly how far it is from me.
post #94 of 431 Old 12-16-2011, 07:51 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 90
Quote:

Im from Maine...the drive from my house takes 7 hours exactly to Portland.

hey, a maine-iac...

my personal record from collingswood to saco is just a tad under 5 1/2 hours... generally speaking though, it takes us about 8... swmbo has never seen a rest area she doesn't want to stop at*...

we shall see... i did drive from venice florida all the way home straight through once (21 hours, oy, did my back hurt)... i was a bit younger then though...

* and to be fair to her, as i've gotten older, i don't want to pass by too many either...

- chris

my build thread - updated 8-20-12 - new seating installed and projector isolation solution

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1332917/ccotenj-finally-gets-a-projector

post #95 of 431 Old 12-17-2011, 05:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hksvr4 View Post

I had both pats and genos. Both are different and excellent.

Glad you enjoyed, but if we end up with cheesesteaks, it won't be hard to better the "traditional" stops. Pat's and Geno's have their charms, but good philly steaks are no longer one of them.

Tony Luke's or John's Roast Pork, now that's another story - traditional and very good
post #96 of 431 Old 12-17-2011, 05:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slickman View Post

Is the address going to be pm'd to those interested in coming? I would like to figure out exactly how far it is from me.

If it's near Wilmington, De, figure a half hour more driving time than getting to Philadelphia if you are coming from north of the city.
post #97 of 431 Old 12-17-2011, 05:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfreedma View Post

If it's near Wilmington, De, figure a half hour more driving time than getting to Philadelphia if you are coming from north of the city.

For me to get to Wilmington, DE, Mapquest shows 1 hour.
post #98 of 431 Old 12-17-2011, 05:31 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Glad you enjoyed, but if we end up with cheesesteaks, it won't be hard to better the "traditional" stops. Pat's and Geno's have their charms, but good philly steaks are no longer one of them.

Tony Luke's or John's Roast Pork, now that's another story - traditional and very good

mmmm.... tony luke's pork... mmm... agreed on the steaks... the best of them are usually available at the local pizza joints... dinic's is another favorite of mine...

on a non-foodie note (although now i'm gonna have to drive across the bridge and get me a tony luke's for lunch... )...

WOOT!!!!! i'm in!!! talked to the old lady this morning, and she's actually gonna be there a few days, so i weaseled out of the party and will drive up on sunday...

you and i can chat after the new year to plot out logistics for getting the subs there... i may be able to borrow a van, which would make our lives a lot easier...

@mike... we'll plan do get you there as we get closer to the date...

- chris

my build thread - updated 8-20-12 - new seating installed and projector isolation solution

post #99 of 431 Old 12-17-2011, 05:34 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 228 Post(s)
Liked: 394
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Seaton View Post

I can't commit for certain yet, as I have a variety of things going on through February, but I'll see if I can keep that weekend clear to attend if you have room for another.

Mark - Of course there is room, and it would be great to meet you in person. Hope you can make it out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by craig john View Post

I hope you can make it! I and others would be disappointed if you didn't. Still, if you absolutely *can'*make it, I can bring a pair of Submersive HP's, provided I can get a vehicle large enough to transport them. They won't fit in my car. Still, I hope ccotenj can make it.

Just to verify, whether ccotenj can make it or not, we'll figure out a way to get MikeDuke to this event.

Also, here's hoping Mark Seaton can make it. I learn something every time I meet him!

Craig

X2 and nice of you to offer the subs just in case Craig.

Quote:

I'll leave that up to Mike as to how he wants to post the address. I can tell you it's RIGHT off the 202 exit on I-95.

Approximate travel times:
From NYC: 2 hours
Baltimore: 1hour 20 minutes
Center City Philadelphia: 30-35 Minutes
Cherry Hill, NJ: 45 minutes

Quote:

mmmm.... tony luke's pork... mmm... agreed on the steaks... the best of them are usually available at the local pizza joints... dinic's is another favorite of mine...

on a non-foodie note (although now i'm gonna have to drive across the bridge and get me a tony luke's for lunch... )...

WOOT!!!!! i'm in!!! talked to the old lady this morning, and she's actually gonna be there a few days, so i weaseled out of the party and will drive up on sunday...

you and i can chat after the new year to plot out logistics for getting the subs there... i may be able to borrow a van, which would make our lives a lot easier...

@mike... we'll plan do get you there as we get closer to the date...

HECK yeah to both you being and to come and to the prospect of enjoying some Tony Lukes! I also like Talk of the Town and Jim's steaks as well. I happen to think Grottos Pizza is worth trying for the out of towners as well.

Getting excited fellas.
post #100 of 431 Old 12-17-2011, 05:38 AM
AVS Special Member

I'll probably be overly excited after the first sub only because I've only heard my sub which is the PC12-NSD and there will be subs there that would eat my sub for breakfast, as an appetizer before the main course. So don't mind me if I'm like WOW just after the first sub, I have virgin ears and haven't heard high end subwoofers before. Cheers!
post #101 of 431 Old 12-17-2011, 05:40 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimWilson View Post

I'm allergic to Lite beer!

Almost missed this comment, heh. I normally prefer a Lager or Ale of some sort, but I'm sure there are some that enjoy the regular Coors Light, Miller Lite, Bud Light, etc. I was planning on bringing a few Philly area brews (Victory, Yards, etc) over for you guys to taste.
post #102 of 431 Old 12-17-2011, 05:51 AM
AVS Addicted Member

hmmm... wilmington....

deerhead dogs!!!! a true culinary delight...

although with all this food talk, don't make it too hard... there will be enough effort in preparing for all of us to arrive...

plus we don't want to talk bfreedma out of smoking us some pork (can you tell i like pig? )...

- chris

post #103 of 431 Old 12-17-2011, 07:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Love to try something new.

Wait, is the pulled pork still coming?
post #104 of 431 Old 12-17-2011, 07:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
I'll give you guys a landmark close by on here and then a week prior I will PM all of you the actual numbered street address when we have a more concrete list of who is actually attending. My house is about 90 seconds away from a place called "The Kreston Liquor Store." I know saying that my home is close to a liquor store sounds like I live In the hood but I can assure you that I don't. "The Kreston" is right on rt. 202 in Wilmington and right off of exit 8 off of 95. Exit 8 is rt. 202 or Concord Pike. Let me know if anyone needs any help figuring out anything else.
post #105 of 431 Old 12-17-2011, 07:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Love to try something new.

Wait, is the pulled pork still coming?

Barring either the great 2012 hog shortage or a major snow storm, still planning on bringing it.
post #106 of 431 Old 12-17-2011, 08:27 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

I'll give you guys a landmark close by on here and then a week prior I will PM all of you the actual numbered street address when we have a more concrete list of who is actually attending. My house is about 90 seconds away from a place called "The Kreston Liquor Store." I know saying that my home is close to a liquor store sounds like I live In the hood but I can assure you that I don't. "The Kreston" is right on rt. 202 in Wilmington and right off of exit 8 off of 95. Exit 8 is rt. 202 or Concord Pike. Let me know if anyone needs any help figuring out anything else.

i know where you are... i used to buy my powerball tickets there on the way home from work...

Quote:

Barring either the great 2012 hog shortage or a major snow storm, still planning on bringing it.

don't say the "s" word!!!

- chris

post #107 of 431 Old 12-17-2011, 09:54 AM
AVS Special Member

I'm getting real close to pulling the trigger on a VTF-15H, but now I'm wondering if I should just wait and buy something off of someone there. I don't think I can hold out that long though. I'm trying to sell my PC12-NSD now, but I can't find a buyer at the moment, I have it on craigslist for $450.
post #108 of 431 Old 12-17-2011, 12:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Liked: 391
Quote:

hmmm... wilmington....

I don't think I even want to know what that is...

If you take yourself too seriously expect me to do the exact opposite
post #109 of 431 Old 12-17-2011, 12:31 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked: 318
Quote:

hmmm... wilmington....

I don't know what deerhead dogs are either.. but I do know what Dogfish Head is:

We should plan on having some of that Delaware beer, don't ya think?

Lombardi said it:
Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence."

My System

post #110 of 431 Old 12-17-2011, 12:47 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

I don't think I even want to know what that is...

one of the finest chili dogs on the planet earth... double sauce and double cheese, please...

Quote:

I don't know what deerhead dogs are either.. but I do know what Dogfish Head is:

oh YEA!!!! dogfish 120 minute!!! i LOVE that stuff. pretty much made of unobtanium around here though... they got a keg in at one of my regular watering holes, we killed it in 47 minutes (i sadly only got one glass before it was gone )...

my "regular beer selection" is either dogfish 60 minute or yards ipa... we are pretty lucky in the southern nj/delaware/southeast pa area... there's no lack of good beer to be had...

- chris

post #111 of 431 Old 12-17-2011, 01:41 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
It shaping up to be good old time. Looking forward to hearing the big boys. Want to really here the difference of sealed and ported subs in the same setup. Being the Captivator and the Submersive.

To slickman:
How about a JTR captivator. Check the blog here as he has at least one captivator 1000 on closeout. It would be a little bit more but you would not have to worry that you did not get enough sub. If I was getting one this is the one I keep lusting after.
post #112 of 431 Old 12-17-2011, 01:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Liked: 391
Quote:

one of the finest chili dogs on the planet earth... double sauce and double cheese, please...

Are you familair with the word "arteriosclerosis"?

If you take yourself too seriously expect me to do the exact opposite
post #113 of 431 Old 12-17-2011, 10:33 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Quote:

I see some others have a similar taste in beer. That is exactly the beer I was planning on bringing, along with Dogfish Head Palo Santo Marron. Not exactly cheap, but some of my favorite commercial beer.

I will volunteer to take REW sweeps of each sub with a calibrated mic and I am hoping to have Specturm Lab working by then to do mic'd waterfalls like Bosso and Keith Yates. It probably won't be for all of the subs or all of the clips, but I think it would be interesting to compare the waterfalls to subjective observations.

I am still planning to bring a red cherry Submersive HP. If it is delivered in time and it will fit in my car, I will also bring a Submersive F2.

-Mike
post #114 of 431 Old 12-17-2011, 11:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by christmclean View Post

To slickman:
How about a JTR captivator. Check the blog here as he has at least one captivator 1000 on closeout. It would be a little bit more but you would not have to worry that you did not get enough sub. If I was getting one this is the one I keep lusting after.

That would be me trying to get that last cap.
post #115 of 431 Old 12-18-2011, 05:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

That would be me trying to get that last cap.

That would be too much power for my 1200 cubic foot foot anyway.
post #116 of 431 Old 12-18-2011, 05:20 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Are you familair with the word "arteriosclerosis"?

lol...

mike, i'm hoping the f2 gets there in time... i really want to see it in person...

maybe mark could personally deliver it to the gtg..

- chris

post #117 of 431 Old 12-18-2011, 07:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I have a sealed 18" already and trying to use it as a mid bass unit. The Cap for the lower stuff. I started with a $100 ported sony sub and not this. It's never too much bass
post #118 of 431 Old 12-18-2011, 08:28 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I have a sealed 18" already and trying to use it as a mid bass unit. The Cap for the lower stuff. I started with a $100 ported sony sub and not this. It's never too much bass

x100, you'll only be only looking to upgrade sooner if you don't go big off the bat.

As for beer choices, let's try to get some samplings from the following local-ish brewers:

Victory
Yards
Dogfish Head
Iron Hill

Winter time makes for good beer drinking!!

I also would LOVE to hear the Seaton F2 if possible.
post #119 of 431 Old 12-18-2011, 08:54 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

"too much power"?

you have just disqualified yourself from attending the gtg*...

* j/k, in case that wasn't obvious...

- chris

post #120 of 431 Old 12-18-2011, 09:01 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla83 View Post

x100, you'll only be only looking to upgrade sooner if you don't go big off the bat.

As for beer choices, let's try to get some samplings from the following local-ish brewers:

Victory
Yards
Dogfish Head
Iron Hill

Winter time makes for good beer drinking!!

I also would LOVE to hear the Seaton F2 if possible.

truer words have never been spoken... start big, it saves money in the long run...

we may need to hire a designated driver...

i want to see the f2 in person... i have a small idea cooking in the back of my mind, if mark will sell blank cabinets for us to stuff our existing drivers/amps in...

- chris

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page