Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 38 Old 02-21-2012, 03:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by spike9876 View Post

Yes, I suppose the room plays a huge role. Just like when I bought my B&W speakers. When I went to audition them... I was impressed... I haven't been wowed when I brought them home.

Yes, Not fun & no room to move the SVS...

BTW, I doubled down on the F112's

After I get them, I'll come back with an update.

So I have been with my pair of F112's for over 2 months. In that time I have also changed my micro fiber sofa to a leather sofa.

After checking best sub placement... I placed them facing each other just in front of my couch about 1 feet away from each end.

Here is my experience

1. Having dual subs, I'm no longer able to localize subs. Previously when I had 1 sub I would be able to localize them.
2. When watching movies... it is tremendous when explosions occurr. I think my whole living room shakes... I feel bad for my neighbors... But they never complain
3. When I auditioned a single F112 at the dealer I felt 2 things... Shock waves and vibrations on their leather sofa. I don't feel shock waves but do feel the vibrations on my leather sofa when explosions occur. When I do move sub closest to MLP to front the vibration is lessened but I still feel a slight vibration from the left sub. I don't know if that's a good thing or not. I suppose its more of a preferrence ? I'm curious if other users think about this... I'm on the fence... sometimes I think its good sometimes its a bit of annoying...
4. Using XTZ Analyzer, I definitely get a better frequency response too.

In general, I'm very pleased with dual subs... Previously I owned B&W ASW10CM & SVS PB12+ and none are close to these dual subs. Obviously if I had dual sub on either B&W & SVS I could be saying the same... In general I can see why people recommend dual subs...

Just a bit concerned with the vibrations... not sure if this is a good thing or not.

Fronts: B&W CM8
Center: B&W CM Center
Surround: B&W CM1
JL Audio F112
Integra DHC-80.3
Emotiva XPA-5
OPPO 93
HTPC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 38 Old 02-21-2012, 07:40 PM

Liked: 21
Quote:

So I have been with my pair of F112's for over 2 months. In that time I have also changed my micro fiber sofa to a leather sofa.

After checking best sub placement... I placed them facing each other just in front of my couch about 1 feet away from each end.

Here is my experience

1. Having dual subs, I'm no longer able to localize subs. Previously when I had 1 sub I would be able to localize them.
2. When watching movies... it is tremendous when explosions occurr. I think my whole living room shakes... I feel bad for my neighbors... But they never complain
3. When I auditioned a single F112 at the dealer I felt 2 things... Shock waves and vibrations on their leather sofa. I don't feel shock waves but do feel the vibrations on my leather sofa when explosions occur. When I do move sub closest to MLP to front the vibration is lessened but I still feel a slight vibration from the left sub. I don't know if that's a good thing or not. I suppose its more of a preferrence ? I'm curious if other users think about this... I'm on the fence... sometimes I think its good sometimes its a bit of annoying...
4. Using XTZ Analyzer, I definitely get a better frequency response too.

In general, I'm very pleased with dual subs... Previously I owned B&W ASW10CM & SVS PB12+ and none are close to these dual subs. Obviously if I had dual sub on either B&W & SVS I could be saying the same... In general I can see why people recommend dual subs...

Just a bit concerned with the vibrations... not sure if this is a good thing or not.

I really don't like to feel the effect of a sub vibration on the sofa. That usually happens when the sub is close to the seating position.

Congratulations on your subs.
post #33 of 38 Old 02-22-2012, 09:08 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auditor55 View Post

I really don't like to feel the effect of a sub vibration on the sofa. That usually happens when the sub is close to the seating position.

Congratulations on your subs.

Yes... The vibrations is due to the close proximity to sofa and also they are facing sofa. Mostly vibrations are more felt on my legs... and this is because It's a reclining sofa and subs are directly facing feet.

Sometimes I like the feel but other times... seems a bit annoying.

I'm still on the fence whether to change sub positions to minimize vibrations felt on sofa.

Yes, I'm really enjoying subs... I did get the gloss instead of satin... and yes, I seem to be constantly cleaning them due to dust or fingerprints... but they look really good.

JL Audio F112
Integra DHC-80.3
Emotiva XPA-5
OPPO 93
HTPC
post #34 of 38 Old 02-22-2012, 09:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 31
If the subs come with cloth bags, you may want to cover them when not in use. Thats what I do with my gloss black SVS subs.
post #35 of 38 Old 02-22-2012, 09:37 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kesando View Post

If the subs come with cloth bags, you may want to cover them when not in use. Thats what I do with my gloss black SVS subs.

Yes, they did come with cloth bags... That's actually a good idea to cover them... but that seems to make sense when you are out for a few days if not that would mean to cover/uncover on a daily basis...

JL Audio F112
Integra DHC-80.3
Emotiva XPA-5
OPPO 93
HTPC
post #36 of 38 Old 02-22-2012, 02:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 34
i like to keep a cloth over the sub
1) to prevent fading because there is direct sunlight that hits them
2) keep dust off it and protect the finish

btw My pet peeve is that people put stuff on top of my speakers when they walk into the room from the front entrance. While nobody has put a drink on top of my speaker, they've put mail, their hats and sunglasses because it's the most convenient place to drop something. It's a piece of electronic equipment, not a storage table!

Certified Ultra Professional AVS Special Member Class A
post #37 of 38 Old 02-22-2012, 02:37 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:

Yes, they did come with cloth bags... That's actually a good idea to cover them... but that seems to make sense when you are out for a few days if not that would mean to cover/uncover on a daily basis...

I put a coat of Meguiars NXT wax on my F112. Do that and keep a microfiber cloth near by and your sub should look as new for quite some time.
post #38 of 38 Old 02-22-2012, 05:25 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilnape2604 View Post

I put a coat of Meguiars NXT wax on my F112. Do that and keep a microfiber cloth near by and your sub should look as new for quite some time.

Yes, I also have Meguiars NXT wax which I plan to use every 2-3 months and I have Meguiars quick detailer to clean dust/finger prints on a daily basis.

It leaves the sub shinning and smooth... Really nice.

JL Audio F112
Integra DHC-80.3
Emotiva XPA-5
OPPO 93
HTPC
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page