A5-350 vs ULS-15 - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 01-04-2012, 03:49 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Liquid,

How about investing in the Velodyne SMS-1? It's "only" $350 and it includes everything you need for measuring/monitoring/correcting your frequencies. From what I understand there is even an auto mode which you can see working in real time through your projector so you can easily make tweaks. I was thinking about this option, but I need a door and sub(s) first! lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-04-2012, 04:30 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunt View Post

Liquid,

How about investing in the Velodyne SMS-1? It's "only" $350 and it includes everything you need for measuring/monitoring/correcting your frequencies. From what I understand there is even an auto mode which you can see working in real time through your projector so you can easily make tweaks. I was thinking about this option, but I need a door and sub(s) first! lol

The problem with SMS-1 is that it only works on 1 sub and it stays installed to use as an eq. So with 2 or 3 subs in use you would need multiple units. Even then the units don't communicate with eachother so I'm not sure how you could run multiple units together. I think the xt32 will be my solution here cause it can eq 2 sub's together.
Old 01-04-2012, 01:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSDTrainer View Post

Well it certainly wouldnt be an entry level but the Pannys will have a 70" in the VT series. The 65" VT is going for under $2600 right now so I would guess that a top of the line VT 70" would be maybe a little more and well worth the extra over an entry level Sharp. Is that 80" Sharp even 3D? You also seem to be hung up on the price of the 85" Panny. I dont see what the price of a PROFESSIONAL MONITOR has to do with consumer Tv's.

You have nothing to offer except some guesses, and it makes no sense that a 70 inch VT70 will be "maybe a little more".

Fact is that the 65 VT has been out for virtually an entire model year and that the price has come down substantially since it was first released.

According to those who spend a lot of time in the Display section of the Forum is that it will take 6-9 months for the price of a 70 inch Panny plasma to come down substantially in price.

Meanwhile there is discussion that Sharp will release a 90 inch LCD.

Panasonic and the other plasma manufacturers are playing catch-up with Sharp LCD as far as screen size.

Finally, energy consumption regulations may halt the introduction of 70 inch or larger plasma TVs in the USA.

Still, send me a Private Message when one can purchase a 70 inch Panny plasma for around $2,000 from an authorized dealer
Old 01-04-2012, 05:19 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyboy View Post

You have nothing to offer except some guesses, and it makes no sense that a 70 inch VT70 will be "maybe a little more".

Fact is that the 65 VT has been out for virtually an entire model year and that the price has come down substantially since it was first released.

According to those who spend a lot of time in the Display section of the Forum is that it will take 6-9 months for the price of a 70 inch Panny plasma to come down substantially in price.

Meanwhile there is discussion that Sharp will release a 90 inch LCD.

Panasonic and the other plasma manufacturers are playing catch-up with Sharp LCD as far as screen size.

Finally, energy consumption regulations may halt the introduction of 70 inch or larger plasma TVs in the USA.

Still, send me a Private Message when one can purchase a 70 inch Panny plasma for around $2,000 from an authorized dealer

When did the 65" Vt's start shipping? Wasnt it May or June? And no energy consumption regulations WILL NOT halt production or sale of 70" PDP's in the USA. They have to meet the energy star requirements in standard mode ONLY. All other modes can use as much power as they want to. I like how you avoid answering about your hang up on the cost of Pannys PROFESSIONAL MONITOR in 85" when that has nothing to do with a consumer TV line. Also like I said 70" is only confirmed with the VT line (you know the top shelf line) So of course you wont be able to buy it for $2000 like your ENTRY LEVEL LCD. I would take a 65ST30 for under $1900 right now than buy a 70" LCD with worse blacks, poor motion handling, worse off angle viewing. 5 extra inches of screen isnt worth those problems.

PS. Why not compare Sharps Elite 70" 3D LED LCD's price to the 65VT30. Maybe because its $6900 compared to $3000? Hmmm 2 65VT30's for less than one Sharp Elite 70", I know what I'd choose. Do you think a 70VT50 is going to be $6900? LOL
Old 01-04-2012, 06:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
I don't see why people keep suggesting sub eq's when he has audyssey sub eq ht which will setup two separate subs and has a pretty damn good eq to boot. You should learn how to properly use the equipment that you already own before you go spending hundreds and maybe thousands more on new equipment that essentially performs the same task.
Old 01-04-2012, 07:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 101
Quote:

When did the 65" Vt's start shipping? Wasnt it May or June? And no energy consumption regulations WILL NOT halt production or sale of 70" PDP's in the USA. They have to meet the energy star requirements in standard mode ONLY. All other modes can use as much power as they want to. I like how you avoid answering about your hang up on the cost of Pannys PROFESSIONAL MONITOR in 85" when that has nothing to do with a consumer TV line. Also like I said 70" is only confirmed with the VT line (you know the top shelf line) So of course you wont be able to buy it for $2000 like your ENTRY LEVEL LCD. I would take a 65ST30 for under $1900 right now than buy a 70" LCD with worse blacks, poor motion handling, worse off angle viewing. 5 extra inches of screen isnt worth those problems.

PS. Why not compare Sharps Elite 70" 3D LED LCD's price to the 65VT30. Maybe because its $6900 compared to $3000? Hmmm 2 65VT30's for less than one Sharp Elite 70", I know what I'd choose. Do you think a 70VT50 is going to be $6900? LOL

Cueing mr randy walters!

No subwoofer I've heard has been able to produce the bass I've experienced in the Corps!

Must..stop...buying...every bluray release...
Old 01-05-2012, 03:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Quote:

I did a side-by-side comparison of a 73 inch Mitsubishi DLP to a top of the line 65 inch Panasonic plasma that cost 3 times as much, and the impact of the 73 inch screen was much greater than any differences in picture quality. Videophiles can get the 65 inch Panny plasma. Those who want real impact have been and will continue to buy the 70 and 80 inch Sharp LCDs. I would take the 80 inch Sharp LCD over any 65 inch TV whether it be plasma or LCD.

And, if the 65 inch VT didn't start shipping till May or June, what makes you think a 70 inch VT50 will ship before May or June of 2012? So, a year or more from now you may be able to get the 70 VT50 for about the same price as an 80 inch Sharp LCD. I know what I'd choose. The one with 31% more screen area.
Old 01-05-2012, 07:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 132 Post(s)
Liked: 275
Quote:
Originally Posted by dominguez1 View Post

Do yourself a favor and bypass rew and purchase the omnimic. If you don't have an spl meter and the right soundcard, you'll have to buy those and configure it all together.

Omnimic will get you what you need and is much easier to setup (its all there in the box) and use imo.

Don't get me wrong, rew is still king regarding its capability. There's just a big learning curve when compared to omnimic. Omnimic will get you what you're looking for wrt measurements.

Hmmm. This is the first im hearing about omnimic. I looked it up and does seem like a solid unit. So this has everything you need? No need to buy anything else? (i already have an spl meter).

Why isn't this recommended more? I guess cause REW is free.

home theater addict
Old 01-05-2012, 07:18 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by saprano View Post

Hmmm. This is the first im hearing about omnimic. I looked it up and does seem like a solid unit. So this has everything you need? No need to buy anything else? (i already have an spl meter).

Why isn't this recommended more? I guess cause REW is free.

omnimic is easy as ABC to use