Klipsch Synergy 10 Sub Problem - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 01-09-2012, 07:45 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
My Klipsch Synergy 10 sub stopped working a couple of years ago. I ended up replacing it with a DefTech Pro 1000 but have hung on to the Klipsch. I've done some Google searches on it and it seems there have been some known issues with this sub, apparently a possible issue with a fuse. Has anyone had any issues with theirs or have heard anything about this? And does anyone know how to possibly fix it without having to ship it back to Klipsch? I just want to know if it's worth trying to fix/sell for parts/trash?
Thanks in advance for any help.
-Al
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 01-11-2012, 04:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Some subwoofer amplifier fuses are on the amplifier board rather than easily accessible from the rear. If you do not have a fuse that is accessible from the rear, then it will be on the amplifier board.

To get to the fuse, you must remove the amplifier board. If the fuse is defective, then replace it with the proper fuse (Radio Shack and other places carry the correct fuses). If after fuse replacement, the amp immediately fails (i.e., the fuse blows), then you have a defective amp. A common cause of amp failure is with the main capacitor (or capacitors) which can deteriorate with age and heat.

An amp repair can cost $200-300+ with a 30-90 day guarantee on the repair.

Klipsch (which has changed hands) may be able to offer a replacement amp or a repair where you send in only the amp.
post #3 of 4 Old 01-11-2012, 06:33 AM - Thread Starter

Alright, looks like I get to disect this thing. Thanks for the help.
post #4 of 4 Old 01-11-2012, 08:41 PM

I had a SUB-12 that died too. It would power on but would not produce any sound. I happened to have an extended warranty on it and upgraded to the SW112 instead.

While I can't help you directly, I've read a LOT of reports with the amps in these things. One common fix seems to be to take out the amp and touch up the solder connections, especially to the switches.

Good luck, but it sounds like the Synergy subs were badly designed (or designed to survive long enough for the mfg warranty to expire )
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page