JTR Captivator S (Sealed) - Page 18 - AVS Forum
First ... 16  17  18
Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers > JTR Captivator S (Sealed)
RMK!'s Avatar RMK! 10:09 AM 08-25-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimWilson View Post

Sycophants abound - pay them no heed. Your question was legit, and not intended to incite a flame war, so fire away. (get it; flame war, fire away ).

BTW, Jeff and Mark are best of friends. I doubt either of them would care, and since the threads are for their products that should overrule everything else.

"Sycophants" eek.gifwink.gif

Wow Jim, I prefer "power user" tongue.gif

JimWilson's Avatar JimWilson 10:27 AM 08-25-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMK! View Post

Wow Jim, I prefer "power user" tongue.gif

Marcus Gan's Avatar Marcus Gan 07:46 PM 08-25-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMK! View Post

Hi Marcus,
I have dual sub outs on my processor (Integra 80.3) and so I let Audyssey do all of the sub settings including EQ. If I were you I would use both of the methods you describe but my guess is that the latter method would produce the best results. If you are using REW you can always use the BFD to tweak after Audyssey.

Have fun and good luck.

Hi RMK,

Thanks,

Marcus
jlpowell84's Avatar jlpowell84 01:06 PM 08-26-2013
Hey Logicators, you still gonna try that super high spl sweep when your back up and running? Hehe...
logicators's Avatar logicators 05:50 PM 08-26-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlpowell84 View Post

Hey Logicators, you still gonna try that super high spl sweep when your back up and running? Hehe...

It's a lot more difficult now as compared to last month when we exchanged those messages smile.gif

The serviced amp will be delivered tomorrow, but my wife and kids returned over the weekend (they were visiting the in-laws most of the summer) and any crazy spl testing will need to wait for now. That being said, I am sure I will find an opportunity in near future wink.gif
jlpowell84's Avatar jlpowell84 06:57 PM 08-26-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by logicators View Post

It's a lot more difficult now as compared to last month when we exchanged those messages smile.gif

The serviced amp will be delivered tomorrow, but my wife and kids returned over the weekend (they were visiting the in-laws most of the summer) and any crazy spl testing will need to wait for now. That being said, I am sure I will find an opportunity in near future wink.gif

Nice! Say what do you think are safe numbers? for example, is too high dangerous on the amp or driver? (probably your house and items in the room first). I heard MKtheater say today on the master list bass movies forum that he once melted an amp running a sine wave at super high spl while testing THD %.
logicators's Avatar logicators 07:02 PM 08-27-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlpowell84 View Post

Nice! Say what do you think are safe numbers? for example, is too high dangerous on the amp or driver? (probably your house and items in the room first). I heard MKtheater say today on the master list bass movies forum that he once melted an amp running a sine wave at super high spl while testing THD %.

I am not using a dedicated 20amp circuit so my electric circuit may get into unsafe territory way before amp or drivers.
logicators's Avatar logicators 09:17 AM 08-28-2013
Received the amp and it seems to be working fine.

Quick question: SW2 is currently out and I am not sure if it needs to be in or out to enable Jeff's DSP programming. The amp has a label that says "SW2-PGM-SEL".
rhed's Avatar rhed 06:57 PM 09-28-2013
Wow.. There is hardly any activity in this thread. Why is that? Even JTR's forum there's hardly any activity going on.
dgage's Avatar dgage 07:08 PM 09-28-2013
Head over to the JTR speaker thread. Much more going on over there including some talk of JTR subs among a myriad of other slightly off topic posts. Nice and knowledgable people on that thread too.
rhed's Avatar rhed 07:47 PM 09-28-2013
OK thanks..
jlpowell84's Avatar jlpowell84 11:45 PM 09-28-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgage View Post

Head over to the JTR speaker thread. Much more going on over there including some talk of JTR subs among a myriad of other slightly off topic posts. Nice and knowledgable people on that thread too.

It's always fun IMO to be "loose" in threads. The worst is self established policing where anything even a fraction off topic is called out and you get a verbal detention. Those threads don't last or don't have consistent good discussion. The JTR speaker thread is my go to and most enjoyed!
Marcus Gan's Avatar Marcus Gan 08:55 PM 05-24-2014
Hi,

Suddenly my S1 stop working. The red light keep blinking.

May I know what's must I check?

Thanks
Marcus
rhed's Avatar rhed 10:38 PM 05-24-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Gan View Post

Hi,

Suddenly my S1 stop working. The red light keep blinking.

May I know what's must I check?

Thanks
Marcus

Try turning it off. And unplug it. Wait a few seconds and plug it in again. If that doesn't work. Count how many times the red lights blink. Then try giving JTR a call.
Marcus Gan's Avatar Marcus Gan 01:56 AM 05-25-2014
Try that, doesn't work.
rhed's Avatar rhed 02:13 AM 05-25-2014
Quote:

Try that, doesn't work.

Marcus.. The best thing to do is turn on the amp and count the number of times that the red light blinks because it's emitting a trouble code. Then contact JTR. He'll probably ask how much time does the red light blink. How long have you have the sub?
Marcus Gan's Avatar Marcus Gan 02:50 AM 05-25-2014
Can't remember when it just launch . Ok will count and send Jeff a mail.
K-Dubb's Avatar K-Dubb 07:19 AM 05-25-2014
Keep us posted. I have the same sub and got it around launch
Marcus Gan's Avatar Marcus Gan 07:55 AM 05-25-2014
Slow 4 blink and fast 5 blink.

Will wait for Jeff reply.
rhed's Avatar rhed 10:35 AM 05-25-2014
Quote:

Can't remember when it just launch . Ok will count and send Jeff a mail.

The only reason I ask how long is because if you had the sub over 2 years the warranty through JTR is done. You might have to contact Speaker Power about the plate amp.
Marcus Gan's Avatar Marcus Gan 02:00 AM 05-26-2014
Hi Rhed,

Thanks, is too expensive for me to send back under warranty. Shipping from my country to US is crazy.
I just need to know what's wrong and get local guy to repair.

No intention for warranty repair since day one when I bought this.

Jeff is a very nice guy and he will go all out to get it done for us.

Cheers.
rhed's Avatar rhed 02:12 AM 05-26-2014
Quote:

Hi Rhed,

Thanks, is too expensive for me to send back under warranty. Shipping from my country to US is crazy.
I just need to know what's wrong and get local guy to repair.

No intention for warranty repair since day one when I bought this.

Jeff is a very nice guy and he will go all out to get it done for us.

Cheers.

If the problem is the plate amp, then you don't have to send back the whole sub. You'll just have send in the plate amp. Surely it won't cost that much. And really it's not hard to take out the amp.
Marcus Gan's Avatar Marcus Gan 04:45 PM 05-26-2014
Switch on the power again. Now the blinking is slow. 4 times pause 1 time than 4 again.
Marcus Gan's Avatar Marcus Gan 05:33 PM 05-28-2014
Hi,

Just to keep you guys updated.

I switch in on again last night the red light gone. However the Power and Clip light is on. I remove the XLR cable so there are no input into the amp but the clip light is on.

I used to leave in on 24/7 could it be overheat.

Cheers
Marcus Gan's Avatar Marcus Gan 09:14 AM 05-29-2014
Hi,

When I switch in on the power and clip light will on. After few second the clip light off and the red light is on.

Problem still not solve. the amp is not working,

Will try to contact Jeff.

Cheers
Tags: Subwoofers
First ... 16  17  18

Up
Mobile  Desktop