Socal gtg - Page 4 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #91 of 248 Old 04-19-2012, 05:22 PM
AVS Special Member
 
mjaudio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 2,480
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by edoggrc51 View Post

booooooooooo!!!

Sorry to let you down bro but I keep getting more an more heaped on my plate. You know what I do so you know it's 7 days a week and the weekends are the busiest by far I just got news that I will be even busier, it's good news but bad news for any free time.

Once things settle down I plan on making up some more stuff. I will for sure make some SEOS speakers from diy sound group and I have a new painter I want to try out for some automotive finishes. I was ready to order up some more subs as well but I have no time to build anything.

I was thinking I might be able to re-purpose my 9cuft sono for dual opposed Mael-X 18's which would not be so time consuming. I actually liked my Mael-X 21 in the smaller enclosure rather than 9 cubes. If I can swing it I will bring over the dual opposed Mael-X 18" if you guys want but that's a big if.

"Half the world is looking for Jesus, and the other half is looking for more bass..."
mjaudio is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #92 of 248 Old 04-19-2012, 05:36 PM
AVS Special Member
 
edoggrc51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Fontana, CA
Posts: 1,424
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjaudio View Post

Sorry to let you down bro but I keep getting more an more heaped on my plate. You know what I do so you know it's 7 days a week and the weekends are the busiest by far I just got news that I will be even busier, it's good news but bad news for any free time.

Once things settle down I plan on making up some more stuff. I will for sure make some SEOS speakers from diy sound group and I have a new painter I want to try out for some automotive finishes. I was ready to order up some more subs as well but I have no time to build anything.

I was thinking I might be able to re-purpose my 9cuft sono for dual opposed Mael-X 18's which would not be so time consuming. I actually liked my Mael-X 21 in the smaller enclosure rather than 9 cubes. If I can swing it I will bring over the dual opposed Mael-X 18" if you guys want but that's a big if.

Hey no worries bro, business before pleasure. Hopefully you'll get a chance to sneak out for a few hours.
edoggrc51 is online now  
post #93 of 248 Old 04-19-2012, 09:52 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
datranz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: fontana, california
Posts: 1,058
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveSatch View Post

I could bring a Rhumba 12

https://simplysoundaudio.com/Rumba_12.html

Could you bring this sub early, I may need something like this for my office.
datranz is offline  
post #94 of 248 Old 04-30-2012, 08:53 PM
Member
 
mole''s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: SoCal
Posts: 19
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
when is this going down?

my gear

55" Sony Bravia 3D LED hx820, PS3 60gig, Direct TV HD/DVR, Pioneer Elite SC-35, Cinenova Grande 5, Polk LSi25/LSi15, LSiC x2, LSiFX, EPIK CASTLE 15" Sub, APC S10, MIT AVt 3(x5) & EXp1 speaker wires, AQ ICs, MonoPrice HDMIs. Bedroom Rig: Sony Bravia LED ex700, Denon 2805, SONY BDPs1000es, XPA-2, XPA-3, RTia9/RTi10, CSia6, FXia4, PSW505, MIT EXp1's, AQ IC's
mole' is offline  
post #95 of 248 Old 04-30-2012, 11:44 PM
AVS Special Member
 
edoggrc51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Fontana, CA
Posts: 1,424
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by mole' View Post

when is this going down?

my gear

55" Sony Bravia 3D LED hx820, PS3 60gig, Direct TV HD/DVR, Pioneer Elite SC-35, Cinenova Grande 5, Polk LSi25/LSi15, LSiC x2, LSiFX, EPIK CASTLE 15" Sub, APC S10, MIT AVt 3(x5) & EXp1 speaker wires, AQ ICs, MonoPrice HDMIs. Bedroom Rig: Sony Bravia LED ex700, Denon 2805, SONY BDPs1000es, XPA-2, XPA-3, RTia9/RTi10, CSia6, FXia4, PSW505, MIT EXp1's, AQ IC's

May 12th bro.
edoggrc51 is online now  
post #96 of 248 Old 05-02-2012, 10:44 AM
Member
 
mole''s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: SoCal
Posts: 19
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by edoggrc51 View Post

May 12th bro.

mole' is offline  
post #97 of 248 Old 05-02-2012, 10:51 AM
Bass Enabler
 
Scott Simonian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Clovis, CA
Posts: 14,701
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1137 Post(s)
Liked: 1175
Quote:
Originally Posted by edoggrc51 View Post

May 12th bro.

Is it now? Hmm...

My Dual 18" LLT subs 120dB down to 10hz

 

Plan9Reloaded Co-host

Listen to the Plan9Reloaded Gaming and Technology Podcast (may contain NSFW language)

https://soundcloud.com/plan9reloaded/sets/podcast - direct pod link

http://plan9reloaded.com/site/ - main website

Scott Simonian is online now  
post #98 of 248 Old 05-02-2012, 11:06 AM
AVS Special Member
 
edoggrc51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Fontana, CA
Posts: 1,424
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Simonian View Post

Is it now? Hmm...

You coming down bro?? What ya bringing??
edoggrc51 is online now  
post #99 of 248 Old 05-02-2012, 11:09 AM
AVS Special Member
 
pokekevin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Posts: 5,076
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by edoggrc51 View Post


You coming down bro?? What ya bringing??

Godzilla in a box

No subwoofer I've heard has been able to produce the bass I've experienced in the Corps!

Must..stop...buying...every bluray release...
pokekevin is offline  
post #100 of 248 Old 05-02-2012, 11:09 AM
Bass Enabler
 
Scott Simonian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Clovis, CA
Posts: 14,701
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1137 Post(s)
Liked: 1175
Crap. This soon? Prolly nothing. Just myself then.

My Dual 18" LLT subs 120dB down to 10hz

 

Plan9Reloaded Co-host

Listen to the Plan9Reloaded Gaming and Technology Podcast (may contain NSFW language)

https://soundcloud.com/plan9reloaded/sets/podcast - direct pod link

http://plan9reloaded.com/site/ - main website

Scott Simonian is online now  
post #101 of 248 Old 05-02-2012, 11:10 AM
AVS Special Member
 
pokekevin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Posts: 5,076
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 101
May12th?? Details?

No subwoofer I've heard has been able to produce the bass I've experienced in the Corps!

Must..stop...buying...every bluray release...
pokekevin is offline  
post #102 of 248 Old 05-02-2012, 11:15 AM
Bass Enabler
 
Scott Simonian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Clovis, CA
Posts: 14,701
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1137 Post(s)
Liked: 1175
Ya really

My Dual 18" LLT subs 120dB down to 10hz

 

Plan9Reloaded Co-host

Listen to the Plan9Reloaded Gaming and Technology Podcast (may contain NSFW language)

https://soundcloud.com/plan9reloaded/sets/podcast - direct pod link

http://plan9reloaded.com/site/ - main website

Scott Simonian is online now  
post #103 of 248 Old 05-02-2012, 11:26 AM
AVS Special Member
 
edoggrc51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Fontana, CA
Posts: 1,424
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokekevin View Post

May12th?? Details?

Seriously! Come on DATRANZ! Git on it already!
edoggrc51 is online now  
post #104 of 248 Old 05-02-2012, 08:21 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
datranz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: fontana, california
Posts: 1,058
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 38
so we have these being offered
pokekevin - outlaw lfmex
edogg- - clone amps and seal 18"lms
cshang - rythmik f15hp
drewtt - SVS SB12-NSD (Sledge)
holt7153 -rythmik e15
nb67 - ED, A5-350
NumLock - MFW15
duc135 - DIY sealed LMS 5400s
OnixMan -dont know yet
SteveSatch - Rhumba 12
mine -jbl w15gti w/ 2 prs in aespeaker cabinet
-jbl w15gti seal
-hsu vtf15
-polk dsw4000
eric said we may have chase sub attending too but still pending confirmation.
(if someone has the seaton please let me know)
i would like to cut down on the sub number to make it more manageable.

i still need to reconfirm if these are the correct list and if they are still available to make the gtg. i will have an attendees list later after confirmation.
datranz is offline  
post #105 of 248 Old 05-02-2012, 09:21 PM
Member
 
mole''s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: SoCal
Posts: 19
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
i have dual MFW-15 v3 subs
mole' is offline  
post #106 of 248 Old 05-02-2012, 10:11 PM
Member
 
OnixMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: California
Posts: 127
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
What is the starting time?

Hugh
Angel City Audio
Melody US Distributor
OnixMan is offline  
post #107 of 248 Old 05-02-2012, 10:27 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
datranz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: fontana, california
Posts: 1,058
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Noon till whenever
datranz is offline  
post #108 of 248 Old 05-03-2012, 12:50 AM
AVS Special Member
 
edoggrc51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Fontana, CA
Posts: 1,424
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by datranz View Post

so we have these being offered
pokekevin - outlaw lfmex
edogg- - clone amps and seal 18"lms
cshang - rythmik f15hp
drewtt - SVS SB12-NSD (Sledge)
holt7153 -rythmik e15
nb67 - ED, A5-350
NumLock - MFW15
duc135 - DIY sealed LMS 5400s
OnixMan -dont know yet
SteveSatch - Rhumba 12
mine -jbl w15gti w/ 2 prs in aespeaker cabinet
-jbl w15gti seal
-hsu vtf15
-polk dsw4000
eric said we may have chase sub attending too but still pending confirmation.
(if someone has the seaton please let me know)
i would like to cut down on the sub number to make it more manageable.

i still need to reconfirm if these are the correct list and if they are still available to make the gtg. i will have an attendees list later after confirmation.

CHT might send us some subs to try out. I just need to get them the list of subs that we will be listening to so they can decide which one to send. We're cutting it close here so the sooner I can get that list the better. Thanks Nick!
edoggrc51 is online now  
post #109 of 248 Old 05-03-2012, 08:20 AM
Senior Member
 
SteveSatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 418
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by datranz View Post

Could you bring this sub early, I may need something like this for my office.

Let me know what time you're thinking
SteveSatch is offline  
post #110 of 248 Old 05-03-2012, 08:23 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Archaea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Kansas City, MO
Posts: 6,907
Mentioned: 67 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 910 Post(s)
Liked: 984
a piece of friendly advice -

your going to want to try to start as early as possible with all those subs...

10AM is a good target

Inevitably it'll take a half or full hour after your planned start time to really get started.

"Without subs it's just background music - with subs it's the main event!"
Archaea's Theatre Room
2011 KC Sub Shootout
2012 KC Blind Sub Shootout
My Subwoofer Recommendations by Pricepoint
Archaea is online now  
post #111 of 248 Old 05-03-2012, 08:44 AM
Member
 
OnixMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: California
Posts: 127
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Sound advice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post

a piece of friendly advice -

your going to want to try to start as early as possible with all those subs...

10AM is a good target

Inevitably it'll take a half or full hour after your planned start time to really get started.


Hugh
Angel City Audio
Melody US Distributor
OnixMan is offline  
post #112 of 248 Old 05-03-2012, 09:48 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Archaea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Kansas City, MO
Posts: 6,907
Mentioned: 67 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 910 Post(s)
Liked: 984
Have you guys decided on EQ or setup methodology?

or are you just going to run em as they come out of the box?

"Without subs it's just background music - with subs it's the main event!"
Archaea's Theatre Room
2011 KC Sub Shootout
2012 KC Blind Sub Shootout
My Subwoofer Recommendations by Pricepoint
Archaea is online now  
post #113 of 248 Old 05-03-2012, 10:26 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
datranz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: fontana, california
Posts: 1,058
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 38
status
i have dcx2496 on hand, inuke 3000dsp, but we may just run everything w/o eq to make it simpler.

pokekevin - outlaw lfmex not reply
edogg- - clone amps and seal 18"lms confirm
cshang - rythmik f15hp cancel
drewtt - SVS SB12-NSD (Sledge) not reply
holt7153 -rythmik e15 confirm
nb67 - ED, A5-350 confirm
nb67- subM confirm
NumLock - MFW15 not reply
duc135 - DIY sealed LMS 5400s confirm
duc132- diy fathom f110(jl 10w7) confirm
OnixMan -(trinity monitor speaker) confirm
SteveSatch - Rhumba 12 not reply
mine -jbl w15gti w/ 2 prs in aespeaker cabinet confirm
-jbl w15gti seal confirm
-hsu vtf15 confirm
-polk dsw4000 confirm
datranz is offline  
post #114 of 248 Old 05-03-2012, 11:58 AM
Member
 
OnixMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: California
Posts: 127
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Waiting at ONT to board a flight to Dallas for Lone Star Audio Fest.

If you guys also want to have a 2ch setup, let me know.
I could bring some Melody units.

Hugh
Angel City Audio
Melody US Distributor
OnixMan is offline  
post #115 of 248 Old 05-03-2012, 12:40 PM
Senior Member
 
SteveSatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 418
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mole' View Post

i have dual MFW-15 v3 subs

Is that what you ended up trading your Epik Castle for?
SteveSatch is offline  
post #116 of 248 Old 05-03-2012, 12:41 PM
AVS Special Member
 
edoggrc51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Fontana, CA
Posts: 1,424
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnixMan View Post

Waiting at ONT to board a flight to Dallas for Lone Star Audio Fest.

If you guys also want to have a 2ch setup, let me know.
I could bring some Melody units.

Thanks for bringing the Trinity speakers. I've been wanting to hear them for a while now.
edoggrc51 is online now  
post #117 of 248 Old 05-03-2012, 01:56 PM
AVS Special Member
 
RobertR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: California
Posts: 6,267
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 246 Post(s)
Liked: 431
I'd like to come to this gtg. I can't bring my sub (it's built in to the house), but it would be fun to listen!
RobertR is offline  
post #118 of 248 Old 05-03-2012, 06:59 PM
Member
 
mole''s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: SoCal
Posts: 19
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveSatch View Post

Is that what you ended up trading your Epik Castle for?

i worked it out with a local


the 2 of them dont equal the Epik Castle IMO


looking to add 2 more MFW-15s
mole' is offline  
post #119 of 248 Old 05-03-2012, 07:49 PM
AVS Special Member
 
drewTT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Anaheim Hills, CA
Posts: 1,950
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by datranz View Post

status
i have dcx2496 on hand, inuke 3000dsp, but we may just run everything w/o eq to make it simpler.

pokekevin - outlaw lfmex not reply
edogg- - clone amps and seal 18"lms confirm
cshang - rythmik f15hp cancel
drewtt - SVS SB12-NSD (Sledge) not reply
holt7153 -rythmik e15 confirm
nb67 - ED, A5-350 confirm
nb67- subM confirm
NumLock - MFW15 not reply
duc135 - DIY sealed LMS 5400s confirm
duc132- diy fathom f110(jl 10w7) confirm
OnixMan -(trinity monitor speaker) confirm
SteveSatch - Rhumba 12 not reply
mine -jbl w15gti w/ 2 prs in aespeaker cabinet confirm
-jbl w15gti seal confirm
-hsu vtf15 confirm
-polk dsw4000 confirm

I can't make it.
drewTT is offline  
post #120 of 248 Old 05-03-2012, 08:26 PM
AVS Special Member
 
holt7153's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: City of Angels
Posts: 3,273
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewTT View Post

I can't make it.

Weak, Drew--I was planning on stealing my SB12 back .

***************************************
Condoms don't guarantee safe sex. A friend was wearing one when he was shot by the woman's husband.
holt7153 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off