Pardigm 3400 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 01-25-2012, 04:38 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Just thought I would get some advise before I purchase it. I currently have a velodyne dls5000r, and I enjoy it but find It a bit boomy but that may be where it is placed as I have only 1 spot for it as I live in an apartment (basement). Now I found a paradigm 3400 for $500 used but fairly new, now where i live I could get that for my sub if I sold it. So really it's not going to cost me anything but I'm just curious if this will be a step forward or should I wait till next winter and spend $1000 on a new one. Now I plan on buying a house hopefully later this year so I will be able to use the sub all the time. So what do you guys think?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 01-25-2012, 01:54 PM

Liked: 10
I've never heard any of Velodyne's subs so I can't really speak much on that. What I can say is I have dual Paradigm
DSP-3400's and I love them. I have a small room and they absolutely dominate it. One is a couple years old and the other.is.less than a year and I have had no.issues.
post #3 of 5 Old 01-25-2012, 05:33 PM - Thread Starter

at this point i think i may just wait, and save up for later this year and see what i can get. Im in canada so not sure on shipping but looking at HSU or rythmik. Thanks. I may actually go hear one on saturday if i get a chance. How well did you find 1 to work with only 300 watts?
post #4 of 5 Old 01-25-2012, 08:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hostility View Post

at this point i think i may just wait, and save up for later this year and see what i can get. Im in canada so not sure on shipping but looking at HSU or rythmik. Thanks. I may actually go hear one on saturday if i get a chance. How well did you find 1 to work with only 300 watts?

For the money you can do better than the Paradigm subs. I to am looking at a Rythmik F15 or an HSU VTF3 MK4. I'm in the same boat and saving for a better sub to replace my Paradigm PS1200.

Jeff
post #5 of 5 Old 01-26-2012, 04:35 AM - Thread Starter

it sold anyways, but i think i will be happier for sure. Im actually looking at those 2 subs also. I guess it will come down to shipping and boarder fees for me though
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page