No idea how to pick a nice sub, but I do have the specifics in the sticky thread so here goes...
1. Theater space is 15' wide by 20' deep but is totally open on one side to another 10' wide by 20' deep bar area. You can see the screen wall on the FAR LEFT SIDE (in yellow) of this pictures with the area marked "Family Room" and side bar area isn't marked but the word "Phone" is written in that area. Ceiling height in the theater area is 7'7 and in the bar area 8'7 -----
2. The sub will go in the upper left corner of the above picture and you can see my marking of the in wall subwoofer cable running from my AV closet it to it.
3. The speakers L/C/R will be Def Tech UIW RLS II's http://www.definitivetech.com/Produc...UIW%20RLS%20II
in the screen wall behind an AT screen. The 4 surrounds will be simple Orb Audio Mod 1's http://www.orbaudio.com/
on ceiling to setup a 7.1 system.
4. The system will be powered by the Onkyo TX NR-809 (135w a channel) and be mainly used for Bluray and Sports viewing.
5. Max size for the sub is 24" wide / 24" tall. I'd like a dark black wood looking cabinet but aesthetics aren't a deal breaker.
6. I don't listen to movies at anything approaching reference level because of young children and a wife who doesn't like high volumes. That said I am building the dedicated theater with an eye having a more theater like experience at home and hope to eek the volume higher in the future.
7. Price point I'd like to spend is $500-$750 but yes I could spend a bit more (or happily less) if that fits my system and needs. Obviously sonically my system will never be ideal due to the limitations of the room layout and the fact I have to use smaller more limited surrounds so I am assuming I don't need to pair this with the world's biggest sub but I truly just don't know what I "need."
Thanks for any help...