What sub to pair with Empire? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 02-01-2012, 06:15 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have one Epik empire and am looking to add another subwoofer to my theater. I want to stay around $1000. I would not mind adding another empire but was wondering if there might be another option that would hit harder. Placement may be a problem. My room is 18ft across front, 15ft deep and 8 ft high. As I look at screen there is a 10 foot opening on left with rest of room enclosed. My sectional only allows placement in rear left corner or beside sectional on the right. Front corners of the room are filled with cabinet and fireplace. My empire is now in the left corner. The new sub would have to be along right side wall or swapped with empire. The hsu 15 inch ported and sealed subs have stellar reviews. I do not know if the would blend well with my empire. I am looking for the kind of bass that you feel in your chest. Thanks for any help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 02-01-2012, 06:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 34
You should stick with the same sub you have. Acoustically, it's not a good idea to mix subs. I found out the hard way. Get another Empire and you will have more chest thumping bass.
post #3 of 4 Old 02-01-2012, 06:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmnaas View Post

I have one Epik empire and am looking to add another subwoofer to my theater. I want to stay around $1000. I would not mind adding another empire but was wondering if there might be another option that would hit harder. Placement may be a problem. My room is 18ft across front, 15ft deep and 8 ft high. As I look at screen there is a 10 foot opening on left with rest of room enclosed. My sectional only allows placement in rear left corner or beside sectional on the right. Front corners of the room are filled with cabinet and fireplace. My empire is now in the left corner. The new sub would have to be along right side wall or swapped with empire. The hsu 15 inch ported and sealed subs have stellar reviews. I do not know if the would blend well with my empire. I am looking for the kind of bass that you feel in your chest. Thanks for any help.

everyone is going to recommend another empire if you plan on using both subs. people will not recommend using two different kinds of subs. especially since the empire is at the same price point. buy another empire.

Panasonic P60ST50-Yamaha RX-V467 receiver-Sony PS3-Velodyne SMS-1-Canton 430 mains, 455 center and 402 surrounds-Rythmik FV15HP subwoofer- Pro-ject Debut III turntable- I also have a pair of Mark K's DIY design, the ER18DXT's
My humble entertainment room
http://www.avsforum.com/t/1417652/midwest...
post #4 of 4 Old 02-01-2012, 06:27 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
Thanks. I guess I will go with another empire I have been very happy with it so far. Just want a little more.
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers