post #61 of 112 Old 05-03-2012, 07:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by craig john View Post

You *need* to get a measurement system so you can post some measurements. I would love to be able to "see" the differences.

Craig

I lent out my laptop and when I get it back I can download the measurements from the Dual Core.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 112 Old 05-03-2012, 07:55 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 309
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsoko2 View Post

I lent out my laptop and when I get it back I can download the measurements from the Dual Core.

I will be very interested to see them.

Nonetheless, I wish we had measurements of your previous systems for comparison purposes. I certainly trust your ears and impressions. I'm just sayin'... it would be nice to have the correlative objective data.

Craig

Lombardi said it:
Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence."

My System

post #63 of 112 Old 05-24-2012, 09:17 AM

Liked: 12
With dual subs - one located in the front and the other on the opposite back wall, should the phase for the rear sub be set at 180 when running Dual Core? Or should both the front and back sub just be left at 0?
post #64 of 112 Old 05-31-2012, 02:36 AM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by grxz View Post

With dual subs - one located in the front and the other on the opposite back wall, should the phase for the rear sub be set at 180 when running Dual Core? Or should both the front and back sub just be left at 0?

Either should work as the AM2DC has got group delay compensation.

Easiest way to try both. First calibrate the system in-phase, then make a new profile ("Sound Profile" -> "Create new") and calibrate them one set to 0 and the other set to 180.

Now, you can view and compare the uncorrected and corrected responses in each case on the TFT screen, and switch between the two profiles using the remote controller. Remember also that you can check the responses before even calibrating the system with the room analyzer tool of the AM2DC ("Room Response" -> "Make New").
post #65 of 112 Old 06-01-2012, 07:32 AM
AVS Special Member

post #66 of 112 Old 06-02-2012, 04:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Downloaded the new firmware for the Dual Core and it bricked on me, so nothing on the screen. Emailed tech support about what they are going to do?
post #67 of 112 Old 06-02-2012, 04:04 AM

Updated to Jun 01 firmware yesterday.
Regarding "Default input sensitivity changed to "low" for better compatibility" (with 2.8V RMS output devices) - you may want to go settings\\audio settings and change it to high to restore your previous volume level

bsoko2, awww, sorry man I want to believe it's not really bricked and that they have a way of accessing upgrade mode without entering settings\\PC link in the GUI. I'm guessing here but I would try to disconnect the power, attach the USB cable to a computer and re-connect the power cable (possibly while holding some button on the remote!) and look in the windows device manager for signs of connection to the dual core.

Hope you'll get it sorted soon
post #68 of 112 Old 06-02-2012, 02:55 PM
AVS Special Member

DSPeaker support got right back to me from Finland and asked me to email them what happened, step by step. They do have a way to fix the problem if I can get it going but Nada on my end. The screen is on and white and does not repond to any commands from the remote. I'm impressed with the support as it is Saturday night in Finland and they will get back to me on Sunday morning. They offered to send me a new unit with the upgrades and then I will send back the bricked one. Lucky for me that I do have a Anti Mode 8033s model that I can use with my subs.
post #69 of 112 Old 06-04-2012, 08:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Replacement Dual core on it's way to me from Finland. I shoould get it by Wednesday, June 6th. Now that is fast service!
post #70 of 112 Old 06-06-2012, 01:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Dual Core has arrived and is installed. It does have all the new updates and works perfectly. This is fast service and from Finland.

Bill
post #71 of 112 Old 06-06-2012, 03:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Going with the Denon 4311ci and Audyssey XT32. The Pio SC-57 will go to the living room for music & etc duties. I will keep the Anti Mode Dual Core for calibrating my 3 Submersives. Audyssey can do it's thing from what Dual Core has set.

Bill
post #72 of 112 Old 06-06-2012, 07:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 100
Whats the advantage of this as opposed to a BFD other than its automatic? Serious question not trying to jab at the product.

Xbox One Gamertag = The Barbeerian

PS4 PSNID = The-Barbeerian
post #73 of 112 Old 06-07-2012, 08:41 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 212 Post(s)
Liked: 744
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian6751 View Post

Whats the advantage of this as opposed to a BFD other than its automatic? Serious question not trying to jab at the product.

I'd be curious,too, although I've been looking at the Mini DSP, a calibration mic, and REW auto tuning. Is the anitmode that much better, or just less effort?

Your questions are answered: Speaker FAQ
HT: Energy RC-50, RC-LCR, Veritas VS Surrounds | Dual CHT SS 18.1s | Denon AVR-888 | modified Dayton SA1000 | Antimode 8033C
Desktop: CBM-170 SE | SVS SB-1000 | Audio-GD NFB-11 | HK 3390
Headphone & Portable HE-400 | K612 Pro | HP150 | DX50 | E12
post #74 of 112 Old 06-07-2012, 12:41 PM
AVS Special Member

The issue about the Anti Mode vs all the other subwoofer EQ's on the market has been discussed in depth before. One member went so far as to do some individual testing and compardisoms and did a report on it. Google Anti Mode 8033 or just Anti Mode and do some research.
post #75 of 112 Old 06-07-2012, 10:39 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 212 Post(s)
Liked: 744
As I said, I am just curious. Taking a break from providing assistance on AVS by providing links, rather than telling people to go google. rolleyes.gif

Your questions are answered: Speaker FAQ
HT: Energy RC-50, RC-LCR, Veritas VS Surrounds | Dual CHT SS 18.1s | Denon AVR-888 | modified Dayton SA1000 | Antimode 8033C
Desktop: CBM-170 SE | SVS SB-1000 | Audio-GD NFB-11 | HK 3390
Headphone & Portable HE-400 | K612 Pro | HP150 | DX50 | E12
post #76 of 112 Old 06-08-2012, 08:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 60
AFAIK, Antimode can reduce peaks but not bumping up tiny dips (I'm not referring to big null). MultEQ XT32 can fix both peaks and tiny dips. Am I correct or wrong?
post #77 of 112 Old 06-10-2012, 10:21 AM

In the "typical" calibration setting Anti-Mode 2.0 Dual Core includes a small boosting shelve filter to the low end to keep the bass level with the mid and high end (above the correction limit). In "advanced" calibration you can disable or increase this shelving.
post #78 of 112 Old 06-27-2012, 09:50 PM

i am just considering if i want to buy the dual core for my ProAc 1sc + Roksan Caspian in my small room? any comments?
post #79 of 112 Old 06-28-2012, 01:16 AM

I'm considering a Dual Core myself after moving from a processor with XT32 to one without any room EQ. I'll let my system settle first as the sub is only a week old, and then look into buying one. I'll post up my results if I do decide to go through with it. I only really want to EQ bass, but if it does EQ full range, it'll be interesting to have a play with it.

Frank Harvey Hi-Fi, UK
post #80 of 112 Old 06-30-2012, 04:39 AM

what is the size of this dual core?
post #81 of 112 Old 06-30-2012, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fightclub View Post

what is the size of this dual core?
It's 23.5 cm wide, 4.5 cm high and 15 cm deep (depth including connectors sticking out 0.5 cm).

In inches: 9.25, 1.77, 5.9

smile.gif
post #82 of 112 Old 06-30-2012, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trallala View Post

It's 23.5 cm wide, 4.5 cm high and 15 cm deep (depth including connectors sticking out 0.5 cm).
In inches: 9.25, 1.77, 5.9
smile.gif

many thanks!
How do you like it and what is the sound quality?
post #83 of 112 Old 07-01-2012, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fightclub View Post

many thanks!
How do you like it and what is the sound quality?
I'm very happy with it although I only really use it to control bass level when listening to music, watching TV and movies. Pretty low usage out of a box with preamp/dac/"full" range audio correction capabilities. rolleyes.gif
I haven't really compared before/after results and I don't have REW skills either + I usually use audyssey XT on top of it.

I can't really comment on sound quality other than it sure removed a lot off boominess biggrin.gif (Audyssey does that too of course, even the older XT version I have in my receiver. Can't tell if one is better than the other although with the dual cores many adjustment possibilities after calibration I would pick the dual core every time. I haven't tried Audyssey XT32 yet but i'm hoping to get my hands on such a unit soon.

I like to use Direct mode for music listening (having my onkyo sending bass directly to the subs, no audyssey involved; only the dual core. It's really nice to easily set (calibrated) bass output level for whatever I'm listening to with the dual core. Problem is I need to disable and re-enable this setting each time I want to use it since my receiver unfortunately forgets the enabled setting as soon as I leave the Direct mode. mad.gif

As it is now, I haven't finished setting up my two subwoofers properly (currently positioned by front the speakers) nor the couch distance from back wall. I still have only a three point audyssey measurement in my receiver redface.gif - figuring it can wait until I get an upgrade (Onkyo 3010/5010 or Denon 4520).

I have plans though! smile.gif

First off i'll use the dual core to measure left sub only. I'll try 2 seating pos. locations for each measurement; couch 50cm and 100 cm from back wall
Same with right front sub.
Combined (I think I possibly should try a small seating pos adjustment here as well. +- 10 cm or so)
The best performer stays up front. (Or if the result is good enough, they both stay - but I would like to move one sub back in order to position my front speakers a bit further apart)
The other will move behind the couch or along the side wall (I'll probably try 4-5 positions)

This adds up to about 10 measurements not including the audyssey setup - It will take a lot of time and plenty of noise. (I will probably need my girlfriend out of town too smile.gif ) All i'm waiting for is the new receiver and some vacation from work (in fact, I picked up 8 m of sub cable today so I'm all set to start with the sub location measurements). I'm sure it'll be good when it's done smile.gif

Still no custom remote codes (power on, power off) in the (many) recent firmware upgrades frown.gif(you need those rather than the existing power toggle command when using a multi remote control)
post #84 of 112 Old 07-02-2012, 04:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trallala View Post

I'm very happy with it although I only really use it to control bass level when listening to music, watching TV and movies. Pretty low usage out of a box with preamp/dac/"full" range audio correction capabilities. rolleyes.gif
I haven't really compared before/after results and I don't have REW skills either + I usually use audyssey XT on top of it.
I can't really comment on sound quality other than it sure removed a lot off boominess biggrin.gif (Audyssey does that too of course, even the older XT version I have in my receiver. Can't tell if one is better than the other although with the dual cores many adjustment possibilities after calibration I would pick the dual core every time. I haven't tried Audyssey XT32 yet but i'm hoping to get my hands on such a unit soon.
I like to use Direct mode for music listening (having my onkyo sending bass directly to the subs, no audyssey involved; only the dual core. It's really nice to easily set (calibrated) bass output level for whatever I'm listening to with the dual core. Problem is I need to disable and re-enable this setting each time I want to use it since my receiver unfortunately forgets the enabled setting as soon as I leave the Direct mode. mad.gif
As it is now, I haven't finished setting up my two subwoofers properly (currently positioned by front the speakers) nor the couch distance from back wall. I still have only a three point audyssey measurement in my receiver redface.gif - figuring it can wait until I get an upgrade (Onkyo 3010/5010 or Denon 4520).
I have plans though! smile.gif
First off i'll use the dual core to measure left sub only. I'll try 2 seating pos. locations for each measurement; couch 50cm and 100 cm from back wall
Same with right front sub.
Combined (I think I possibly should try a small seating pos adjustment here as well. +- 10 cm or so)
The best performer stays up front. (Or if the result is good enough, they both stay - but I would like to move one sub back in order to position my front speakers a bit further apart)
The other will move behind the couch or along the side wall (I'll probably try 4-5 positions)
This adds up to about 10 measurements not including the audyssey setup - It will take a lot of time and plenty of noise. (I will probably need my girlfriend out of town too smile.gif ) All i'm waiting for is the new receiver and some vacation from work (in fact, I picked up 8 m of sub cable today so I'm all set to start with the sub location measurements). I'm sure it'll be good when it's done smile.gif
Still no custom remote codes (power on, power off) in the (many) recent firmware upgrades frown.gif(you need those rather than the existing power toggle command when using a multi remote control)

thanks for sharing with such a detail writeup. Appreciated.

I will use it for my 2 channel hifi system without any subwoofer.
post #85 of 112 Old 08-14-2012, 02:43 AM

just bought the dual core 2.0 and it is wonderful!
post #86 of 112 Old 09-17-2012, 05:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I am considering getting the AM2 DC for my 2 channel system as I am in a less than ideal room. Currently, I have a Simaudio i7 amp, Simaudio Supernova CD player, Wadia 170i Dock, Bryston BDA-1 DAC. My speakers consist of Anthony Gallo Reference 3.5's with their SA amp powering the second voice coil.

I have contacted DSPeaker and they suggest removing my Bryston DAC and route my sources digital outs through the AM2 utilizing their DAC instead, claiming that its DAC would be better than the Bryston. I can't seem to find much information on their DAC other than this from their website: "Dual per channel balanced DACs with jitter free operation (local crystal), oversampling to 6144 kHz, DSP buffering and filtering."

Can anyone offer some input on this?

Thanks

Click here for pic of my 7.1 home theater system and here for pic of S2 surround wall mounting.

Click here for pic of my 2 channel system.

post #87 of 112 Old 09-18-2012, 06:43 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 126

I will not comment on the DAC in the DSPeaker but, if you already have the Bryston DAC, you have the option of using it or bypassing it and deciding for yourself.

Kal Rubinson

"Music in the Round"
Senior Contributing Editor, Stereophile
http://www.stereophile.com/category/music-round

post #88 of 112 Old 09-19-2012, 07:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal Rubinson View Post

I will not comment on the DAC in the DSPeaker but, if you already have the Bryston DAC, you have the option of using it or bypassing it and deciding for yourself.

Thanks Kal. Do you mean physically bypassing the Bryston through interconnects or internally?

I wish someone would comment on the differences between the two DACs though.

Click here for pic of my 7.1 home theater system and here for pic of S2 surround wall mounting.

Click here for pic of my 2 channel system.

post #89 of 112 Old 10-02-2012, 10:40 PM

post #90 of 112 Old 10-04-2012, 08:53 PM

Liked: 12
When calibrating dual subs with the Pioneer Elite SC-57, should 0.2 Stereo or 0.2 Dual-Mono be used? In Dual-Mono mode for the Dual Core, the left input is fed to both left and right subwoofer output whereas stereo takes the signal from both inputs. However, even though the SC-57 has a dual sub output, it's just an internal splitter as both output the same signal. So which calibration option is better for this receiver - dual mono or stereo?
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page