The usual which budget sub questions...
My place is an open concept where my HT is. The space is around 4500 cubic feet, and opens up to around 6000 cubic feet if other doors etc open. I know a budget sub isn't going to fill the room, I just want the best bang for the buck.
Budget is $300
But limited on size for WAF and placement issues.
The sub can only be around 20" Depth X 16" Wide X 21" Tall.
I plan on building an isolation platform that will be around 2-4" tall to bring the sub up to about 24" (2 ft) so it can be used as an end table as well. Nothing permit will be placed on top though. The floors are hardwood.
The sub will be placed in a corner next to the couch. So sitting position will be close to the sub, either right next to it or max like 4-5 feet away.
If rear firing port it will be against the back of a wall with about 3-4" to spare. If the port is down firing could go a little closer to wall.
If a front firing sub the driver will be pointed towards the TV. I know the sound is Omni-directional but would a down firing help at all or would it matter?
Will be approx 75% Gaming/Movies & 25% Music.
- BIC PL-200 seems solid , recommended a lot, great warranty.
- NXG NX-BAS-500 , great performance, but the Auto On/Off problem seems annoying, and it seems like a decent amount of people have had problems with Amps or Drivers on them going bad. Also as mention in Jim's review it seems to vibrate a lot, would the sub isolation platform eliminate this?
- Klipsch SUB-12HG , on sale right now on Amazon, down firing, but seems to have bad amp issues.
- Premier Acoustic PA-120, seems to get good reviews, but looks like the PL-200 or NX-BAS-500 outperform it.
- Dayton SUB-1200, getting a little wide, but cheap for performance.
I also looked at the HSU STF-2 , but it seems like the 10" Driver would even have a harder time filling the room, and would just be a waste either way.
My hope was to find a used Outlaw LFM-1 Plus since size is perfect but have had no luck , plus issues if something happens when buying used.
That's about it lol, thanks for the help!
Last edited by RoninStang; 03-06-2015 at 08:13 AM.