I am being scammed? - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 38 Old 03-04-2012, 06:35 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 71
In this day and age, there's no excuse for someone to not pay you either electronically (paypal) or by cash if they're local. I don't see why anyone would want to jump through hoops for a total stranger who offers an odd and suspicious method of payment and sale agreement.

I'd certainly never give my phone number or address to a stranger.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 38 Old 03-05-2012, 02:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 27
The reason they specify you use their shipper is that they control the shipping process. After you ship, they contact the freight company and have it delivered to a different location and you won't have that information.

I bet if you placed an ad for a large bag of dog crap, you would still receive these kinds of offers.

Randy
post #33 of 38 Old 03-05-2012, 06:33 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
How about everyone on here send ratm a buck until he gets enough money, then send the subs to me. You will help 2 people out for only $1.00. LOL.
post #34 of 38 Old 03-08-2012, 08:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by ransac View Post

the reason they specify you use their shipper is that they control the shipping process. After you ship, they contact the freight company and have it delivered to a different location and you won't have that information.

I bet if you placed an ad for a large bag of dog crap, you would still receive these kind of offers.

lmao

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
<Multi sub Thread

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
< Garage Audio !!!
post #35 of 38 Old 03-08-2012, 08:59 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgveteran View Post

lmao

It would be funny if you actually sent them a huge dog crap pile boxed up nicely.
post #36 of 38 Old 03-08-2012, 12:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by bo130 View Post

...I don't see why anyone would want to jump through hoops for a total stranger who offers an odd and suspicious method of payment and sale agreement...

Greed... I'm sure they only target items that have been up for sale for awhile, meaning the asking price is probably too high.
Also other variations can also play upon using the seller's greed to blind their judgement... for instance,

"Check overpayment scams target consumers selling cars or other valuable items through classified ads or online auction sites. Unsuspecting sellers get stuck when scammers pass off bogus cashier’s checks, corporate checks, or personal checks. Here’s how it happens:

A scam artist replies to a classified ad or auction posting, offers to pay for the item with a check, and then comes up with a reason for writing the check for more than the purchase price. The scammer then asks the seller to wire back part of the difference after depositing the check. The seller does it, and later, when the scammer’s check bounces, the seller is left liable for the entire amount."

"For deep bass, the listener is not really listening to the speaker, but rather, is listening to the room as it is being played by the speaker."

post #37 of 38 Old 03-08-2012, 01:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratm View Post

Nope. Laughed as I got another one from CL this AM. Sucks though as I really would like to sell my subs and upgrade to an Empire.

You're laughing now, but remember that you were considering doing the deal just a few hours ago.
If any deal has the faintest aroma it fails the smell test and this whole scenario reeks.

Regards,
Charlie

post #38 of 38 Old 03-08-2012, 05:15 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Yup
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version