Buttkicker LFE is FINALLY here! - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 17 Old 03-27-2012, 11:39 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
It only took, oh say 6 months to actually get it, but my Buttkicker LFE kit FINALLY arrived!!

However, I noticed if I use the couch mount with the plate, the transducer rattles. I can make the rattling stop if I brace it with my hand. Should I consider putting it somewhere else, without the couch mount?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 Old 03-28-2012, 08:56 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
I just installed 2 yesterday in my couch. Used empty cavity near back of couch .added a extra board to mount buttkickers. I love it Why didn't i hear about this sooner. feels better than my car system one 12 sub 1000w amp
post #3 of 17 Old 03-29-2012, 08:26 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Just got mine yesterday as well. Going to install tonight.

From past experience, its very hard to stop the rattling on the couch kit. Placing rubber under it sometimes helps, placing the couch leg along the outer lip helps, but the best way is directly mounting to the couch like vista did.
post #4 of 17 Old 03-29-2012, 09:03 PM
AVS Special Member

This thing is amazing. I might get another one just because the amp can handle it. 1 is more than plenty for the couch, but if I have the ability to, why not do two.

I've tried all sorts of shakers before, and this is by far the best one. Beats the Clark Synthesis Silver handily.
post #5 of 17 Old 03-29-2012, 09:34 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 39
I have two LFE's attached to my sectional couch being powered by the Buttkicker 1000 watt amp. I thought that the rattle that I was experiencing was from the leg plates but it turned out that there needs to be weight directly above the shakers. My solution(not sure if it will work for you) was to rotate the leg plates so the LFE units were under the couch, not behind it. This cured all rattles. I also considered attaching the LFE's directly to the couch frame but I was worried that the shakers would destroy the integrity of my couch frame. These things "hit" HARD!!
Congratulations on your new addition BTW!

Oppo BDP103, Mitsubishi WD8240, Klipsch RF-63's, Pioneer Elite SC-25, Furman Elite 15, Emotiva XPA-5, Harmony 1100, Rythmik FV15HP

post #6 of 17 Old 03-29-2012, 11:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by K5/SS View Post

I have two LFE's attached to my sectional couch being powered by the Buttkicker 1000 watt amp. I thought that the rattle that I was experiencing was from the leg plates but it turned out that there needs to be weight directly above the shakers. My solution(not sure if it will work for you) was to rotate the leg plates so the LFE units were under the couch, not behind it. This cured all rattles. I also considered attaching the LFE's directly to the couch frame but I was worried that the shakers would destroy the integrity of my couch frame. These things "hit" HARD!!
Congratulations on your new addition BTW!

I thought of doing that, but figured the couch would stop it from shaking like its supposed to. I'd have to raise the couch quite a bit to get it under there.

War of the Worlds makes the unit rattle on the mount kit way too much when turned up, and I can't mount directly. Going to try what you did, or I had an idea to try using poly fill in between the couch leg and unit.
post #7 of 17 Old 03-30-2012, 03:28 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 17
I didn't get the kickers but my two Auras arrived yesterday and going to install tonight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hceuterpe View Post

It only took, oh say 6 months to actually get it, but my Buttkicker LFE kit FINALLY arrived!!

However, I noticed if I use the couch mount with the plate, the transducer rattles. I can make the rattling stop if I brace it with my hand. Should I consider putting it somewhere else, without the couch mount?

post #8 of 17 Old 04-03-2012, 10:16 AM - Thread Starter

Don't know how I missed this, but there appears to be a circular neoprene pad with adhesive on it. It came with the couch mounting kit. Did you guys use this? Does it help at all with the rattling?

I'd rather not bolt my Buttkicker directly to my couch if I can help it.
post #9 of 17 Old 04-03-2012, 09:26 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:

Don't know how I missed this, but there appears to be a circular neoprene pad with adhesive on it. It came with the couch mounting kit. Did you guys use this? Does it help at all with the rattling?

I'd rather not bolt my Buttkicker directly to my couch if I can help it.

The neoprene pads are for the leg of the couch, not the shaker. Bolt the shaker to the metal plate directly and the neoprene pad goes between the metal leg plate and the leg of your couch.

Oppo BDP103, Mitsubishi WD8240, Klipsch RF-63's, Pioneer Elite SC-25, Furman Elite 15, Emotiva XPA-5, Harmony 1100, Rythmik FV15HP

post #10 of 17 Old 04-17-2012, 03:54 PM

I was looking at getting one but had a question. On my denon 4311, I have my speakers set to small and the sub channels handle LFE+Main. I do not think the Denon can send Just LFE to a second sub (buttkicker) and LFE+main to main subwoofer. How can I set this up for the buttkicker so it is only getting LFE and my subwoofer gets all the lows?
post #11 of 17 Old 04-17-2012, 04:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by nolanwar View Post

I was looking at getting one but had a question. On my denon 4311, I have my speakers set to small and the sub channels handle LFE+Main. I do not think the Denon can send Just LFE to a second sub (buttkicker) and LFE+main to main subwoofer. How can I set this up for the buttkicker so it is only getting LFE and my subwoofer gets all the lows?

Lfe+main actually sends the Lfe signal to the left and right channels as well as the sub. Not sure you want it like that. Either way, all you'll have to do is use a y splitter off the Lfe output to use the shaker.

Xbox One Gamertag = The Barbeerian

PS4 PSNID = The-Barbeerian
post #12 of 17 Old 04-17-2012, 08:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian6751 View Post

Lfe+main actually sends the Lfe signal to the left and right channels as well as the sub. Not sure you want it like that. Either way, all you'll have to do is use a y splitter off the Lfe output to use the shaker.

I think you have that backwards. LFE+Main sends the bass from L/R channels to the sub, as well as LFE if you have a crossover set.
post #13 of 17 Old 04-17-2012, 09:05 PM

There are 2 sub outs on the 4311 but I do not think you can send lfe+main to one sub and Lfe only to the other sub ie buttkicker. I do not want the buttkicker to be hitting for all the bass instead of just the lfe
post #14 of 17 Old 04-28-2012, 10:14 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I am new to buttkickers and would like to buy one. The buttkickers kit on amazon is $399 !

http://www.amazon.com/ButtKicker-BK-...5633209&sr=1-2

Is that what you have to shell out ? Are there better deals ?

is this the one I should get ?

Appreciate any responses please
post #15 of 17 Old 05-05-2012, 06:57 PM - Thread Starter

Try Musician's Friend. They commonly have 15% off coupons. I saved $60 doing that. They ship it free, too.

Don't forget about Fatwallet/Mr Rebate for an extra 4%.
Oddly, the "SEARCH15" coupon is also pulling up 15% off, not $15 Snag it now!!
post #16 of 17 Old 05-05-2012, 07:15 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Try Musician's Friend. They commonly have 15% off coupons. I saved $60 doing that. They ship it free, too.

Don't forget about Fatwallet/Mr Rebate for an extra 4%.
Oddly, the "SEARCH15" coupon is also pulling up 15% off, not $15 Snag it now!!

You tha MAN !

Awesome deal, $60 off ! YAHOOOOOOO

Btw, they also have PS15 coupon code that gives same discount ! Unfortunately they are not stackable

BTW how do I get the 4% Rebate ?
post #17 of 17 Old 05-05-2012, 09:13 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by falafala View Post

You tha MAN !

Awesome deal, $60 off ! YAHOOOOOOO

Btw, they also have PS15 coupon code that gives same discount ! Unfortunately they are not stackable

BTW how do I get the 4% Rebate ?

Never mind figured it out, so the total came to around $350 with tax - 19% !

Thanks a lot for your inputs !
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page