2nd sub placement - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 03-28-2012, 08:42 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
adding a second sub can I place on top of the one I have now?

I don't have much space but would a second sub be to much for the other speakers I have. I have the original A3-300 still working great the day I got it. But I was curious if thew new one can be placed on top of the one I have now since I dont have alot of placement.

Here is my current A3-300. Notice the space here. I had the table that I moved to the other side so if I wanted to I can put a sub beside the A3-300.

Here, I could move the sub to the empty spot that's in the first picture, and put the sub on the other side of the room to balance the front of the room.

Other pics of my setup:

I need better wire management. Amazing how much the camera sees where you do not

Xbox Live: ShadyFusion23

PSN: Nukleard1sa5t0r

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 03-29-2012, 05:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 143 Post(s)
Liked: 192
You can stack subs no problem. That is what I did, but it looks like if you were to do that you would be blocking the R front speaker. Put the sub in the main listening position and crawl around on the floor until you hear when it sounds best. That is where you need to put the sub. The greatest thing about having multiple subs is that you can even out you bass response through out the room by having them in different locations. Good luck.

MY THEATER......The Thompson Theater 11.9 channels

"Is not love not unlike the unlikely not it is unlikened to?"
- Leon Phelps
post #3 of 3 Old 03-29-2012, 04:41 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pain Infliction View Post

You can stack subs no problem. That is what I did, but it looks like if you were to do that you would be blocking the R front speaker. Put the sub in the main listening position and crawl around on the floor until you hear when it sounds best. That is where you need to put the sub. The greatest thing about having multiple subs is that you can even out you bass response through out the room by having them in different locations. Good luck.

Good point.

I can move put a 2nd one beside the one I have so it's not blocking the RF speaker or put the second one directly across the other one.

Another thought, move the rack to the other side. Put the sub in the corner allow it not to be blocked if I stack. Move the LF speaker to the far left to give the rack some room. That could possibly work.

Xbox Live: ShadyFusion23

PSN: Nukleard1sa5t0r

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page