Opinions on sealed SVS versus Epik for transient response, musicality, etc. - Page 3 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #61 of 63 Old 04-06-2012, 11:44 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by cel4145 View Post

What about keeping one of the Empires? It will have more output than two of the SB12s if you can figure out how to integrate just one of the Empires into your room.

One empire is still on the table. I still don't know how to position so it isn't squeezed into a corner, one side firing into a wall and the other firing directly into my AV cabinet but it's a consideration. Two legends is still on the table but I'm still not sure the best way to position.

Two 12" sealed SVS would fit nicely into each corner of the room and fire FRONTWARD towards the room which seems to make more sense.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 63 Old 04-06-2012, 01:24 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auditor55 View Post

No, the SB13+ is not as large as the Epik Empire.

ahh, ok..thanks

Origin - mrmike929
PSN - mrmike929
Steam - mike929
post #63 of 63 Old 04-06-2012, 01:33 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcole05 View Post

Big is in the eye of the beholder, but the bottom line is that they kind of look like I've acquired two additional small ottomans that are shoved up against the wall. They look quite nice for what they are, just not the best in my space I'm afraid. I also don't like that they only way I can even hope to position them is with one of the woofers from each firing directly into the wall. Doesn't seem like a great idea acoustically.

The SB13-PLUS is a great idea....BUT I talked to SVS before buying the Empires and basically they currently only have them in the cherry side panels and won't have any other options in the near future. They also are a bit more expensive than the dual Empires.

I *think* it is mainly the legends but I'd have to read through a bunch of threads to be sure.

Waiting to get in touch with Chad. I've called a few times and written a few emails. I'm sure I'll be able to figure it out soon. Thanks for all the ideas.

Thanks Jcole...let us know what happens with your decision. FYI - i'm local..but i'm thinking these might be to large for my townhome

Origin - mrmike929
PSN - mrmike929
Steam - mike929
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page