Polk 505 or Bic PL-200? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 04-06-2012, 01:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am in the market for a new sub. Currently looking at the Bic PL 200 or Polk 505. It will be used for about 60% music 30% movies and 10% gaming. I already have Polk Tsi 500's for fronts, CS20 center and Tsi 200 for surrounds. These are powered by Pioneer 1121-K.
Either of these two sub I can afford and I have been trying to find out which would be better. Don't have the time to go through so many pages more than what I have read already. Thanks in advance for any help.

This too shall pass.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 04-06-2012, 04:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 383 Post(s)
Liked: 661
Bic from what I've read though I've not listened to either of those subs directly.

"Without subs it's just background music - with subs it's the main event!"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 5 Old 04-07-2012, 04:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 20
The PL-200 is generally the most recommended in the under $300 range. Check Josh Ricci's excellent review at www.data-bass.com.

http://www.hometheaterhifi.com/volum...er-4-2005.html - Ed Mullen review of 505, little output below 30-35 Hz but still may be reasonable for music and some HT situations. " As expected, room gain helped considerably to improve deep extension, with the Polk holding flat to about 25 Hz, and then dropping to -10 dB at 20 Hz" . Polk sub amps have generally been quite reliable.
post #4 of 5 Old 04-07-2012, 07:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 790
I haven't heard the pl-200, but I did compare the f12 and 505 when I was looking for a sub. For my budget and tastes the 505 was the winner when it came to music that i like (electronic based music mostly, some 60's-90's pop rock stuff too). For movies they both performed pretty much equally. I run dual 505's and love it and absolutely recommend them to anyone looking for a decent budget sub.

Note- I didn't intend to run duals, but some months after i purchased my 505 from the egg, I found a new in box 505 on local craigslist for less then a benjamin, so I jumped all over it. If one has it in their budget to buy dual 505's new (even on sale from the egg) I recommend stepping up to a single better quality higher end sub, hsu, rythmik, svs, etc.

I don't need snobs to tell me how to think, thank you!

Why you wouldn't want to join
forum
post #5 of 5 Old 04-08-2012, 09:12 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks, guys. I was thinking of going dual with either, but it looks like I will be better served by going to a single better sub. I will look at the HSU or Legend.

This too shall pass.
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page