Recommendations to replace Mirage Prestige S8 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 04-17-2012, 03:30 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just recently moved from an apartment to a townhouse and my Mirage Prestige S8 is chuffing on low end scenes. The home theater is downstairs in a great room that's a living/dining room combo that opens to the kitchen via an archway and a pass through area. The living/dining room alone is about 4500 cubic feet. Adding the kitchen on is another 1800. This will be for 60/40 home theater and music. I was thinking either an Outlaw LFM1 Plus or Epik Legend. Would either of those work?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 04-17-2012, 03:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 305
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgminder View Post

I just recently moved from an apartment to a townhouse and my Mirage Prestige S8 is chuffing on low end scenes. The home theater is downstairs in a great room that's a living/dining room combo that opens to the kitchen via an archway and a pass through area. The living/dining room alone is about 4500 cubic feet. Adding the kitchen on is another 1800. This will be for 60/40 home theater and music. I was thinking either an Outlaw LFM1 Plus or Epik Legend. Would either of those work?

Sure if you put it under your sofa

If you're really talking about over 6000 cubic feet then you'll likely need something a lot bigger or a lot more of the ones you've listed.

Maybe a pair of Epik Empires or VTF-15H or one Paradigm Sub2.

Klipsch RF-62II, RC-500, RS-400, SVS PC12+,
Def Tech SC8000
Harman Kardon AVR 1600
PS3, Apple TV, Sharp 70" Qattron
post #3 of 4 Old 04-17-2012, 04:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 305
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgminder View Post

Sure if you put it under your sofa

If you're really talking about over 6000 cubic feet then you'll likely need something a lot bigger or a lot more of the ones you've listed.

Maybe a pair of Epik Empires or VTF-15H or one Paradigm Sub2. Just for starters.

Klipsch RF-62II, RC-500, RS-400, SVS PC12+,
Def Tech SC8000
Harman Kardon AVR 1600
PS3, Apple TV, Sharp 70" Qattron
post #4 of 4 Old 04-18-2012, 06:12 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 648
HSU recommends their VTF-3 MK4 in rooms up to 6,000 cubic feet; the Outlaw Audio LFM-1 EX would perform similarly well in that kind of space. Neither would pressurize the air space in the room as many people on the subwoofer forum hope to do, but they should provide some good bass if located fairly near the listening position and would be a dramatic improvement over the Mirage Prestige S8.

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page