Official Simply Sound Audio Owners Thread - Page 7 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #181 of 190 Old 10-13-2012, 02:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 87
Oh my goodness! I hope that you recover quickly. Best wishes, guy.

Once again, I am sorry to take a sledgehammer to so small and fragile a nut. -- Richard Dawkins, The Greatest Show On Earth
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 190 Old 10-14-2012, 12:09 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 15
It was good to see you yesterday Merrel!! Take care of yourself!!!
post #183 of 190 Old 11-07-2012, 08:22 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 25
I hope all is well Murrel and that you are getting better quickly. Any idea when you will be back 100% and restart SSA?
post #184 of 190 Old 11-25-2012, 11:04 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 55
I hope you feel better soon.
post #185 of 190 Old 01-09-2013, 06:48 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I hope all is well with Murrel! It seems that his site has been taken down. Does anyone know if he's alright and if he will re-open Simply Sound?
post #186 of 190 Old 01-09-2013, 07:06 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 145 Post(s)
Liked: 348
Yea, I noticed the website is down too. I've tried to get a hold of him, but thus far no luck. As soon as I find out something I'll be sure to post it.

If you take yourself too seriously expect me to do the exact opposite
post #187 of 190 Old 01-09-2013, 04:41 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 16
It's amazing what you hear when you really listen. When you can not or do not interupt a persons thought. The stories you get to hear and the answers to some of the questions you never asked.

While I was out my father in law whom has been on dialysis for the past nine years confided in me that he was tired and was going to stop his treatments he is eighty years old. We spent the past month or so just being a family. Doing the things we always have and then some. We treated him to a event he never could of imagined. He was a V.I.P at the Broncos/Browns game. We aquired a suite for most of the imediate family and through some of our business contacts and friends we were able to be on the field for more than a hour. It was his first Broncos game. What a great day he had! We were also able to bring all of his sibilings from across the country to come and visit him this past week.

We buried Ray today, Full military honors at Fort Logan. He was a very kind and gentle person with whom I had rebuilt engines and watched countless movies with the past twenty five years. I will miss him.

My daughters who are 15 and 16 years old asked me two weeks ago: Dad why did we wait untill grandpa was sick to do such wonderful things with him? Was it just so we could have the memories because he shurely would only enjoy these memories for a short time. They though it was unfair for him to not be able to enjoy this event and its memories for years to come. And they were right. I just did not have an answer for them.

So they asked if I would spend more time guiding them twards the dreams and goals they have. Both love the arts one is a dancer and the other a wonderful musician. I am now building a dance studio in part of my basement for Natalie (in place of a home theater) and I am starting a small recording studio for Alysa in one of my spare rooms. So this is what I will be focusing on. My family.

Is SSA closing? No.....I just will not be building subs any longer. SSA has been around for a long time and I will continue to do Pro Audio and comercial installs.

I know everyone wants to know about warranties on the Rumba 12 subs. Your warranties are garranteed by the company that manufactured them. I paid them to warranty them. And they will honor the warranties with repairs or replacements. I am still the contact point for that if you need. My email and phone have not and will not change. If you have an issue contact me. Email is best right now.

As for me I am good.......better than I have been in a while. No cancer and the surgeries were successful. My voice is good although it is always a bit different with each surgery.

Thank you all for your support and concern!
Have a good night

Murrel
its phillip likes this.

Murrel J Gray

post #188 of 190 Old 01-09-2013, 04:51 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 145 Post(s)
Liked: 348
See, I made him come out of hiding! biggrin.gif

Nice to see you're on the mend my friend...

If you take yourself too seriously expect me to do the exact opposite
post #189 of 190 Old 01-09-2013, 08:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Hey Murrel -

Great to hear from you and also a wonderful post you shared about your father and those last memories you you all as a family have spent with him as they will last forever in your heart!

Another great thing as it seems you got out of this is the importance of your two daughters, they should always be first of thought and as parents give them 1-million percent of you time with them!

As for SSA, I always visioned that you built these cabinets for the passion and not for business, and the only regret was wish I got to test or purchased one of your subs. frown.gif

Good luck and take care and start storing them family memories!! cool.gif

Cheers to your family and awesome father that's now in heaven!!

\m/ Hook'em Horns!

==========
Work for a Cause, Not for Applause. Live Life to Express, Not to Impress.
Don’t Strive to make your Presence Noticed,
Just make your Absence Felt. -Unknown
post #190 of 190 Old 01-10-2013, 03:32 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shift View Post

Hey Murrel -

Great to hear from you and also a wonderful post you shared about your father and those last memories you you all as a family have spent with him as they will last forever in your heart!

Another great thing as it seems you got out of this is the importance of your two daughters, they should always be first of thought and as parents give them 1-million percent of you time with them!

As for SSA, I always visioned that you built these cabinets for the passion and not for business, and the only regret was wish I got to test or purchased one of your subs. frown.gif

Good luck and take care and start storing them family memories!! cool.gif

Cheers to your family and awesome father that's now in heaven!!

Thank you Shift!

You are spot on!

Murrel

Murrel J Gray

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page