How to wire additional Bass Shaker - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 04-28-2012, 12:21 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I currently have a set-up with an Onkyo 709 and 7.1 speakers. Currently. I'm using this to watch movies from my couch. I'm planning on getting a Playseat (chair for racing games) and attaching an Aura AST-2B-4 Pro Bass Shaker to the seat. I'm also going to 'mount' a Sony HMZ-T1 to the chair (so that it the chair doesn't block the view from the couch and the TV).

Now how am I suppose to plug the Bass Shaker to the amp when I already have subs plugged into it? Is there some sort of splitter that I can use? Or do I get a small sub amp like a Dayton Audio SA70. If so, how will I connect this to my existing receiver?

Also, I want the shakers to only work when I play games and use the Playseat, and not work when I'm in the couch.

Thanks in advance for any advice you can give!

P.S. I was able to wire the 7.1 setup with some advise from the audio store, so I'm not really an expert on Home Theater Set-ups. Just an enthusiast..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 04-28-2012, 02:00 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Probably the easiest way to meet your goals is to buy the external amp and use a Y splitter for the LFE out of your receiver. One feeding your sub and the other feeding the external amp with the bass shaker attached. When you don't want the bass shaker to be active you simply turn off the external amp.
post #3 of 3 Old 08-17-2012, 07:08 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Sorry to revive this old thread, but I've got a new concern.

Is there a way, using the wiring stated above, to get the bass shaker to function while the receiver is off? I don't think, even with an external amp, that the signal can still be passed through.
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page