paying for ID subs using Paypal? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-29-2012, 03:11 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
CtrlAltElite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 39
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Looking to keep this purchase from a certain someone. Not the purchase it self, but the cost. Would like to pay using PayPal, but having a hard time finding any ID dealers who take it. Any suggestions?
CtrlAltElite is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-29-2012, 03:19 PM
AVS Special Member
 
sputter1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Ontario
Posts: 1,372
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by CtrlAltElite View Post

Looking to keep this purchase from a certain someone. Not the purchase it self, but the cost. Would like to pay using PayPal, but having a hard time finding any ID dealers who take it. Any suggestions?

None that I know of. Best to come clean
sputter1 is offline  
Old 04-29-2012, 03:26 PM
 
Auditor55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Silicon Valley, CA.
Posts: 8,795
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by CtrlAltElite View Post

Looking to keep this purchase from a certain someone. Not the purchase it self, but the cost. Would like to pay using PayPal, but having a hard time finding any ID dealers who take it. Any suggestions?

Its best to check the used market like Audigon and Ebay.
Auditor55 is offline  
Old 04-29-2012, 04:33 PM
AVS Special Member
 
brian6751's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Canton, MI
Posts: 3,443
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked: 129
SVS accepts Paypal. So does Rythmik. I think HSU does as well

I acccept all friend requests with AVS in the message. Add me!!

PS4 PSNID = The-Barbeerian

Xbox One = The Barbeerian
brian6751 is offline  
Old 04-29-2012, 05:56 PM
Senior Member
 
Funky Waves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Halfmoon Bay BC, Canada
Posts: 364
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Many will but do not advertize the fact that they do.

Nathan Funk
Funk Audio
Funky Waves is online now  
Old 04-29-2012, 06:10 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
CtrlAltElite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 39
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks, Ill have to look at the payment options again.

Basically the reason why im asking, Is I purchased my first HT setup 3.1, last week. I was outta town this week and will be picking it up tomorrow. I'm just worried about the Paradigm PDR-100 sub I added into the package. Its $400 but think I can do better. Its 50/50 music-movies.

How does the Paradigm PDR-100 compare with Cadence CSX12 Mark II for the same money? Don't really want to spend twice as much on SVS PB12-NSD, but I don't want to have to upgrade in a year or two either, when I want something deeper and loader.

Room is around 14x24x8, a little less than 2700 cubic feet with a few openings leading into the dining room, kitchen and stairs leading up to the 2nd floor and a large bay window. Just want to make sure Im spending the money wisely.
CtrlAltElite is offline  
Old 04-29-2012, 06:18 PM
Advanced Member
 
wlhungdude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Jonesborough, TN
Posts: 619
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 66
While I havn't heard either of those 2 subs listed (went from an onkyo htib to a HSU vtf3, with no regrets) , I do believe it's much easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.

It's for 'wall hung dude', and no, I don't need any help to 'hook-up'.... sheesh ... dirty minds around these parts....
wlhungdude is online now  
Old 04-29-2012, 06:21 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
CtrlAltElite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 39
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by wlhungdude View Post

While I havn't heard either of those 2 subs listed (went from an onkyo htib to a HSU vtf3, with no regrets) , I do believe it's much easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.

ha! Dont know how many more of those I have. After a 1987 Gibson LP Standard purchase last year. Think I might just wanna stay away from asking for anything with this one. If the price gets to high of course.
CtrlAltElite is offline  
Old 04-29-2012, 07:05 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
cel4145's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Posts: 11,762
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 251 Post(s)
Liked: 781
The Rythmik FV12 would be a great choice, as long as you don't have small satellite speakers (it starts to roll off at above 80hz). I would think you would get comparable SQ to the PB12-NSD, just maybe not the same SPL output. It would be a good step up from the Cadence.

Your questions are answered: Speaker FAQ
HT: Energy RC-50, RC-LCR, Veritas VS Surrounds | Dual CHT SS 18.1s | Denon AVR-888 | modified Dayton SA1000 | Antimode 8033C
Desktop: CBM-170 SE | SVS SB-1000 | Audio-GD NFB-11 | HK 3390
Headphone & Portable HE-400 | K612 Pro | HP150 | DX50 | E12
cel4145 is offline  
Old 04-29-2012, 07:27 PM
AVS Special Member
 
pronghorn/az's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Prescott, AZ
Posts: 1,343
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by cel4145 View Post

The Rythmik FV12 would be a great choice, as long as you don't have small satellite speakers (it starts to roll off at above 80hz). I would think you would get comparable SQ to the PB12-NSD, just maybe not the same SPL output. It would be a good step up from the Cadence.

And a step up from the Paradigm's.

Jeff
pronghorn/az is offline  
Old 04-29-2012, 07:30 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
CtrlAltElite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 39
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Not satellite speakers. Paradigm Mini monitors. And I'm suppose to pick them up, along with the Paradigm PDR 100 sub. Not sure I understand SPL output?
CtrlAltElite is offline  
Old 04-29-2012, 07:35 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
cel4145's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Posts: 11,762
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 251 Post(s)
Liked: 781
SPL: sound pressure level. The maximum volume output.

And the FV12 would do fine with the Paradigm Minis. It will easily outshine the PDR 100 in overall performance, and it would do a much better job of filling your room with bass. If you had them side by side for listening comparison, there is no way you would pick the PDR 100.

Your questions are answered: Speaker FAQ
HT: Energy RC-50, RC-LCR, Veritas VS Surrounds | Dual CHT SS 18.1s | Denon AVR-888 | modified Dayton SA1000 | Antimode 8033C
Desktop: CBM-170 SE | SVS SB-1000 | Audio-GD NFB-11 | HK 3390
Headphone & Portable HE-400 | K612 Pro | HP150 | DX50 | E12
cel4145 is offline  
Old 04-29-2012, 07:46 PM
Member
 
Follz20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 132
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Rythmik subs have an extended response up to 200Hz if the LFE input is used (instead of line in). If anyone needs any proof of that, simply check the data-bass.com site and see the tests conducted on the FV15HP; it had usable output to the testing limit of 125Hz.
Follz20 is offline  
Old 04-29-2012, 08:12 PM
Advanced Member
 
domingos38's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 842
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 35
paypal is a debit credit card.u can use it as a credit card anywhere mastercard is accepted
domingos38 is offline  
Old 04-29-2012, 08:52 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
cel4145's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Posts: 11,762
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 251 Post(s)
Liked: 781
Quote:
Originally Posted by Follz20 View Post

Rythmik subs have an extended response up to 200Hz if the LFE input is used (instead of line in). If anyone needs any proof of that, simply check the data-bass.com site and see the tests conducted on the FV15HP; it had usable output to the testing limit of 125Hz.

You cannot always extrapolate one sub's performance to another with the same manufacturer.

Look again. From Rythmik's FV15HP page, "New H600PEQ2 also provides an LFE mode that extends the upper end to 200hz as shown below"

That amp does not appear to be on the FV12, and their own performance chart show a roll off starting at 80hz, as well as performance specs at the bottom of that page which lists: "Frequency Response 20 - 100 Hz."

Your questions are answered: Speaker FAQ
HT: Energy RC-50, RC-LCR, Veritas VS Surrounds | Dual CHT SS 18.1s | Denon AVR-888 | modified Dayton SA1000 | Antimode 8033C
Desktop: CBM-170 SE | SVS SB-1000 | Audio-GD NFB-11 | HK 3390
Headphone & Portable HE-400 | K612 Pro | HP150 | DX50 | E12
cel4145 is offline  
Old 04-29-2012, 10:07 PM
Member
 
Follz20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 132
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by cel4145 View Post

You cannot always extrapolate one sub's performance to another with the same manufacturer."

Agreed, but in this case I am not using gross generalizations.

Quote:
"Look again. From Rythmik's FV15HP page, "New H600PEQ2 also provides an LFE mode that extends the upper end to 200hz as shown below""

Brian has probably been remiss in his duty to update his site with current information, because all PEQ2/3 amps can extend the response up to 200Hz. The F12, for example, says the same thing (14-90Hz, -2dB) but can happily extend up to 200Hz using the LFE inputs.

Quote:
"That amp does not appear to be on the FV12, and their own performance chart show a roll off starting at 80hz, as well as performance specs at the bottom of that page which lists: "Frequency Response 20 - 100 Hz."

The FV15HP page says the same thing, even with the additional graph that shows the extended response.
Follz20 is offline  
Old 04-29-2012, 11:02 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
cel4145's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Posts: 11,762
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 251 Post(s)
Liked: 781
Quote:
Originally Posted by Follz20 View Post

Brian has probably been remiss in his duty to update his site with current information, because all PEQ2/3 amps can extend the response up to 200Hz. The F12, for example, says the same thing (14-90Hz, -2dB) but can happily extend up to 200Hz using the LFE inputs.
.

The FV12 does not appear to use the same driver and amp as the other Rythmik subs. It's the budget Rythmik (not that there is anything wrong with that). For instance, the FV12 amp looks like the "standard amp" depicted here, not the PEQ.

Your questions are answered: Speaker FAQ
HT: Energy RC-50, RC-LCR, Veritas VS Surrounds | Dual CHT SS 18.1s | Denon AVR-888 | modified Dayton SA1000 | Antimode 8033C
Desktop: CBM-170 SE | SVS SB-1000 | Audio-GD NFB-11 | HK 3390
Headphone & Portable HE-400 | K612 Pro | HP150 | DX50 | E12
cel4145 is offline  
 
Thread Tools


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off