Importance of Whole System, Regarding Sub - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 04-30-2012, 10:36 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
So, I was planning on getting a fairly budget minded 5.1 system and I have the Jamo S426 with Denon 1612. I am from Canada and the selection/markup of audio products here is terrible; these were the best deals on Canadian sites that I could find. As for the sub, I decided I would order from the USA to a relative that lives there and have them bring it over the border for me.

I had planned on ordering the BIC America F12 to complete the package but was slowly convincing myself I wanted a much better subwoofer so that my music still sounded good. I had decided the HSU STF-2 could fit in my budget if I really wanted it to. (Are there subs better than the STF-2 for less than $400 shipped?)

What this post is mainly about is whether it's really worth it to spend the extra money on a much better sub if I don't have 5 other high end speakers to match?

With that being said, what do you think of the Jamo S426 speakers?

Sorry for being a bit verbose...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 05-02-2012, 05:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 21
The STF-2 is a very nice sub. It is a step up from the BIC PL-200 which is a step up from the BIC F12 (according to BIC owners - check PL-200 forum).

The STF-2 should be fine with your speakers. The Hsu will be much better with music and will play slightly lower than the PL-200.
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page