Which (Truly) $500 Sub? - AVS Forum
View Poll Results: Which (Truly) $500 Sub?
Epik Legend 0 0%
Outlaw LFM-1 Plus 0 0%
Something Else Under $600 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 05-01-2012, 04:25 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Liked: 297
OK, for those of you just tuning in...this is the follow-up poll, to the follow-up poll...to my OP for a recommendation of best $500 sub for my buddy.

He just bought a big, new house...and this is his first run at HT. I've been guiding him on some things, but I don't follow subs in this price range (I have a JLA F112)...so I'd just be throwing darts.

What's best bang-for-buck right now at $500?

Cast your vote quickly; I want to make my recommendation by the 3rd, in case my friend needs to get a LFM-1 Plus before the sale ends on the 4th.

TIA,

CD

Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything. -Plato
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 05-01-2012, 05:08 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

If you cast a vote for "something else"...please explain yourself.

CD

Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything. -Plato
post #3 of 5 Old 05-01-2012, 07:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDLehner View Post

If you cast a vote for "something else"...please explain yourself.

CD

Rythmik FV12.

Jeff
post #4 of 5 Old 05-05-2012, 07:35 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

For the record...I gave my friend all the feedback I had gathered on this thread, and the 2nd poll. I gave him one last opportunity to extend his budget...in order to step up to the LFM-1 EX. I also expressed my hesitation to go so far as to recommend that he do so...for the reasons I've stated before; this being his first HT, first sub, etc...I wasn't sure he'd be able to really sense or appreciate the difference...so he might as well save the extra money and stay on budget.

I also explained to him the "controversy" of the first poll...and why some of you feel the LFM-1 Plus would have beat-out the Epik Legend in a "fair fight"; and how it did just that, when I put them head-to-head in the 2nd poll (although I'm still not sure where all the Legend supporters went to).

In the end, I told him I thought it was a pick 'em; for him anyway. Again, not to sound like a broken record but...first HT, first sub; I told him I thought he'd be quite satisfied with either choice. To maybe look at warranty and support, to split the tie. In the end, I'm not sure what convinced him...but he did order an LFM-1 Plus, and I'm sure he'll be plenty happy with the results.

Thanks again for the help. In the end, I guess polls do carry some validity...as long as the results coincide with your POV.

CD

post #5 of 5 Old 05-05-2012, 10:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 101
what volumes will he listen at? Does he have alot of options to place the sub? As much as I love my outlaw, if you cant place it in a nice spot than expect port chuffing to happen as intense scenes like Hulk

No subwoofer I've heard has been able to produce the bass I've experienced in the Corps!

Must..stop...buying...every bluray release...
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page