How do I make it sound better and kick harder? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 05-02-2012, 03:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey I recently purchased a pair of Kicker 10's, ported I think, and a Rockford Fosgate Prime R1000-1d, a 1000 watt amp. I have this set up in the trunk of my 2003 Toyota Celica hatchback and I heard hatchbacks are great for subs. Im am very new to the sub world and was wondering how to make it sound the best its capable of. I have as adjustment knob under my steering wheel area which controls the bass level I believe. I also have Alpine Sps-600 240 watts peak and 80 watts rms type-S speakers and a Sony DSX-s100 with ipod tune tray inside. On the deck settings I have sub level at zero and I control the bass level with that adjusment knob. The place I had the subs installed said to have the sub level on the deck at zero and just use that knob so I do. But I find i want more kick to it but of course with out blowing the subwoofers. And the other day my friends said it should kick harder. I put loud on the deck settings and found it does seem to kick harder as well as adjusting the sub level but I fear that it will blow them. Any suggestings on what I should or could do to make them sound prime would greatly be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 05-02-2012, 03:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 101
Scroll down alittle more on the main page and you'll see the car section. Might get better responses there!

No subwoofer I've heard has been able to produce the bass I've experienced in the Corps!

Must..stop...buying...every bluray release...
post #3 of 3 Old 05-02-2012, 03:27 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Oh just figured that since i was talking about subs that this be good place but aye thanks.
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page