Huge upgrade? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 05-04-2012, 10:07 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Hey guys I was curious on your thoughts if it would be a huge worthy upgrade going from my current Paradigm DSP3400 and DSP3200 subs to either the HSU VTF-15H's, Rythmik FV15 or the SVS PB12-Plus????

For the price would it be a huge step forward and worth it for me???? And which of those subs listed would you choose mostly for Movies with some music and gaming???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 05-04-2012, 10:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 93
Hard to say without seeing graphs of those subs where the other 3 should outperform is in the 16Hz region but the output of both of those subs compared to the others may be a lateral move.
post #3 of 3 Old 05-04-2012, 10:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylz25 View Post

Hey guys I was curious on your thoughts if it would be a huge worthy upgrade going from my current Paradigm DSP3400 and DSP3200 subs to either the HSU VTF-15H's, Rythmik FV15 or the SVS PB12-Plus????

For the price would it be a huge step forward and worth it for me???? And which of those subs listed would you choose mostly for Movies with some music and gaming???

YES! A HUGE YES!! I have/had a 14 yr old Paradigm PS1200 that has just been replaced by a Rythmik FV15 and it is above and beyond what I have been NOT hearing. My Paradigm has a 250 watt amp and the specs say it goes down to 21hz. Not even close with the LFE statement. The Rythmik goes deep, plays loud and sounds awesome. Couldn't put up the link to the shootout for some reason, but you can do a search to find it.

Jeff
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page