Another Outlaw "Secret Sale" 5/14-5/21 Register Now - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 51 Old 05-08-2012, 08:53 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Outlaw is having another Secret Sale May 14 - May 21. If you want to see whats on sale you are supposed to register here:

http://www.outlawaudio.com/7MayGate....m_medium=email
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 51 Old 05-08-2012, 04:38 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Lots of Outlaw sales lately. Maybe one day they will add their wireless adapter.
post #3 of 51 Old 05-08-2012, 06:34 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 55
so, you have to register to see the sale prices or to get the sale prices?
post #4 of 51 Old 05-08-2012, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyboy View Post

Outlaw is having another Secret Sale May 14 - May 21. If you want to see whats on sale you are supposed to register here:

Any thoughts on what a good "secret" price of the LMF 1 Plus sub. $549 regualar price. How would this compare to a PA-150? I can get that I think for $350.00+- delivered.
post #5 of 51 Old 05-08-2012, 07:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 177 Post(s)
Liked: 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by amazonracer View Post

Any thoughts on what a good "secret" price of the LMF 1 Plus sub. $549 regualar price. How would this compare to a PA-150? I can get that I think for $350.00+- delivered.

Hi amazonracer, the last Secret Sale only offer the LFM-1 Plus as a combo deal. LFM-1 Plus with the OAW3 Wireless for 548 + fs. The only sub available to purchase that wasn't combo was the M8. The LFM-1 Plus was just on sale for 499 which ended on May 4th. The lowest LFM-1 Plus sale price I seen was about 467.
post #6 of 51 Old 05-09-2012, 09:39 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:

In the following chart there are test results for the Outlaw LFM-1EX and the PA-150:

http://www.data-bass.com/main.php?page=systems

Also member skally has an EX and a PA 150. IIRC the EX handles the very low notes better, but the PA-150 gets louder higher up in the frequency spectrum.

The other consideration is room size. The PA-150 should do better in large room.
post #7 of 51 Old 05-09-2012, 09:42 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 284 Post(s)
Liked: 804
Quote:
Originally Posted by brendelac View Post

so, you have to register to see the sale prices or to get the sale prices?

Yes. You cannot purchase at the sale price unless you have registered.

Your questions are answered: Speaker FAQ
HT: Energy RC-50, RC-LCR, Veritas VS Surrounds | Dual CHT SS 18.1s | Denon AVR-888 | modified Dayton SA1000 | Antimode 8033C
Desktop: CBM-170 SE | SVS SB-1000 | Audio-GD NFB-11 | HK 3390
Headphone & Portable HE-400 | K612 Pro | HP150 | DX50 | E12
post #8 of 51 Old 05-09-2012, 10:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quoted: 1062 Post(s)
Liked: 678
Quote:

One thing that bugs me about this sale is I have bought two subs in the last 6 months, why do I have to sign up for a secret sale? This goes for all the other customers. Am I not the person you want to invite to the sale? I am also bummed because I just bought the plus and I wanted the EX I have not even gotten it yet, I don't think it has even shipped yet and it is been a week. They need to take shipping lessons from Audio Advisor! However I am looking for an amp, so I will sign up, I will take a deal on an amp.
post #9 of 51 Old 05-11-2012, 12:12 PM

Quote:

In the following chart there are test results for the Outlaw LFM-1EX and the PA-150:

http://www.data-bass.com/main.php?page=systems

Also member skally has an EX and a PA 150. IIRC the EX handles the very low notes better, but the PA-150 gets louder higher up in the frequency spectrum.

The other consideration is room size. The PA-150 should do better in large room.

So in your opinion and assuming a very large open family room, kitchen, bleeds into the other side LR and dining room separated by a large staircase, would you in your opinion get a LMF 1 Plus or the PA 150. Say the "secret sale" has them for $497 shipped and the PA 150 for $350.00 shipped. Pick one for me assuming I can up my budget $150.00. And lastly, will the sound difference be minimal assuming I get the corerct location right on both? Or is the Outlaw that much better generally speaking.
post #10 of 51 Old 05-12-2012, 05:17 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 17
Quote:

So in your opinion and assuming a very large open family room, kitchen, bleeds into the other side LR and dining room separated by a large staircase, would you in your opinion get a LMF 1 Plus or the PA 150. Say the "secret sale" has them for $497 shipped and the PA 150 for $350.00 shipped. Pick one for me assuming I can up my budget $150.00. And lastly, will the sound difference be minimal assuming I get the corerct location right on both? Or is the Outlaw that much better generally speaking.

Hello Amazonracer I thought I would chime in as to point out my view/opinion as I have both the Pa-150 & Outlaw EX in my HT. Imho they are both good, they each have there advantages but I would pick the Outlaw over the PA as its a much better performer esp. in the low frequencies by far.

My HT area (room that is) is less than ideal as it sounds as if you may have around the same situation as I. My main seating area ( living room) is around 15x25 as it opens to the Kitchen & entrance in the back portion. The kitchen size is roughly around the same size 15x25 w/ valuted ceiling and entrace is is 12x15? . Anyhow... I think you get the picture as to what I have to contend with. The main reason I mention all that is to give you an idea as what you may be against as well.

If you are thinking about a certian spot to place one or two you may want to look at the size of the subs are they are fairly large, at first I thought the PA-150 was a large sub but the Outlaw EX is about 1/3 bigger. THe Plus you are looking at is a tad bit smaller than the EX but my guess is that its still just a bit bigger than the PA, also they both weigh around the same 80+ pounds .

Even thou they are two differnt subs ( performance wise ) I have "married" them together as to work out in my HT area quite well, but it took a bit of tweaking & experimenting thou... but as the story goes "it can always be better" .

The Outlaw is a far better performer for movies, the PA is good too but the Outlaw's strengh is in the LF. It's not really until maybe 35hz & up is where the PA starts to shine/ kepp up with the Outlaw, of course I'm just taking a guess there as I have never measured it out. For music they both do quite well thou.

As I mentioned they are both good subs but the advatage goes to the Outlaw. If I were you I would look into the Plus if they have them on sale for $500... if you are willing to spend that much that is. I can almost pretty much bet you will want to have two or more subs down the road... so you may want to think about that as well . For $370 the Pa-150 is an excellent buy too.

Jeff
post #11 of 51 Old 05-12-2012, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skally View Post

Hello Amazonracer I thought I would chime in as to point out my view/opinion as I have both the Pa-150 & Outlaw EX in my HT. Imho they are both good, they each have there advantages but I would pick the Outlaw over the PA as its a much better performer esp. in the low frequencies by far.

My HT area (room that is) is less than ideal as it sounds as if you may have around the same situation as I. My main seating area ( living room) is around 15x25 as it opens to the Kitchen & entrance in the back portion. The kitchen size is roughly around the same size 15x25 w/ valuted ceiling and entrace is is 12x15? . Anyhow... I think you get the picture as to what I have to contend with. The main reason I mention all that is to give you an idea as what you may be against as well.

If you are thinking about a certian spot to place one or two you may want to look at the size of the subs are they are fairly large, at first I thought the PA-150 was a large sub but the Outlaw EX is about 1/3 bigger. THe Plus you are looking at is a tad bit smaller than the EX but my guess is that its still just a bit bigger than the PA, also they both weigh around the same 80+ pounds .

Even thou they are two differnt subs ( performance wise ) I have "married" them together as to work out in my HT area quite well, but it took a bit of tweaking & experimenting thou... but as the story goes "it can always be better" .

The Outlaw is a far better performer for movies, the PA is good too but the Outlaw's strengh is in the LF. It's not really until maybe 35hz & up is where the PA starts to shine/ kepp up with the Outlaw, of course I'm just taking a guess there as I have never measured it out. For music they both do quite well thou.

As I mentioned they are both good subs but the advatage goes to the Outlaw. If I were you I would look into the Plus if they have them on sale for $500... if you are willing to spend that much that is. I can almost pretty much bet you will want to have two or more subs down the road... so you may want to think about that as well . For $370 the Pa-150 is an excellent buy too.

Jeff

Thanks Jeff for your thoughtful opinion and I agree. It's really getting frustrating as I have to juggle the physical challenges with budget not to mention my wife is not really "feeling" the additional $500 I mean we need to spend on another speaker in the family room. I am still looking but my budget has increased to $500 max. I did come across today a Jamo 650 12 inch sealed sub which I think I like due to music and most have it for as low as the mid to upper $4,'s to as high as $800. They have one new on Ebay for $322 with free shipping but I can't get a real feel for the quality and performance. It seems to compare but the passion for the Outlaws, HSU, etc, seems to win the day. But for $322 it is tempting but just don't know. Any thoughts on Jamo? Thanks

Brent
post #12 of 51 Old 05-12-2012, 09:54 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Thanks Jeff for your thoughtful opinion and I agree. It's really getting frustrating as I have to juggle the physical challenges with budget not to mention my wife is not really "feeling" the additional $500 I mean we need to spend on another speaker in the family room. I am still looking but my budget has increased to $500 max. I did come across today a Jamo 650 12 inch sealed sub which I think I like due to music and most have it for as low as the mid to upper $4,'s to as high as $800. They have one new on Ebay for $322 with free shipping but I can't get a real feel for the quality and performance. It seems to compare but the passion for the Outlaws, HSU, etc, seems to win the day. But for $322 it is tempting but just don't know. Any thoughts on Jamo? Thanks

Brent

I have not had the chance to listen to the Jamo 650 but from the few post I have read on it from Amaon, AVS & such it sounds like a pretty decent sub as a few members compared it to the Klipsch RD12 sub ( or something like that), it only makes some cents as Klipsch owns Jamo as well. If thats the case I found a better deal for you from Vanns as they have two that are "open box" returns but in great shape not to mention a a trust worthy company to deal with as that is where I bout my Onkyo 808.

Link
http://www.vanns.com/shop/servlet/it...9/jamo-sub-650

Looks as if one of them is at $314 & the other at $298 with free shipping ( to the lower 48 states that is).

All in all it may be worth a shot?? You could always buy it and if you dont like it Vanns has a 30 day return policy + full warranty. If you like it you can always keep it and add another down the road or sell it used for a decent price on Craigs list or something when you are ready to upgrade? For me I started out with one Bic Pl-200, added another Pl-200 within 6mo then bought the Pa-150, sold the Pl-200's on Ebay ( lost my "keaster" on shipping ) then bought the Outlaw EX on sale with the wireless combo. In the future I would like to get the JTR cap, SVS ultra 13 or even the HSU FT15 but for now it works out great. Its hard to spend from $900 to $1,600 for only one sub .

So in essance maybe the Jamo will work out great for you, its just once the "bug" get into you its hard not to say to yourself "what if"? More or less looking to upgrade.
post #13 of 51 Old 05-13-2012, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skally View Post

I have not had the chance to listen to the Jamo 650 but from the few post I have read on it from Amaon, AVS & such it sounds like a pretty decent sub as a few members compared it to the Klipsch RD12 sub ( or something like that), it only makes some cents as Klipsch owns Jamo as well. If thats the case I found a better deal for you from Vanns as they have two that are "open box" returns but in great shape not to mention a a trust worthy company to deal with as that is where I bout my Onkyo 808.

Link
http://www.vanns.com/shop/servlet/it...9/jamo-sub-650

Looks as if one of them is at $314 & the other at $298 with free shipping ( to the lower 48 states that is).

All in all it may be worth a shot?? You could always buy it and if you dont like it Vanns has a 30 day return policy + full warranty. If you like it you can always keep it and add another down the road or sell it used for a decent price on Craigs list or something when you are ready to upgrade? For me I started out with one Bic Pl-200, added another Pl-200 within 6mo then bought the Pa-150, sold the Pl-200's on Ebay ( lost my "keaster" on shipping ) then bought the Outlaw EX on sale with the wireless combo. In the future I would like to get the JTR cap, SVS ultra 13 or even the HSU FT15 but for now it works out great. Its hard to spend from $900 to $1,600 for only one sub .

So in essance maybe the Jamo will work out great for you, its just once the "bug" get into you its hard not to say to yourself "what if"? More or less looking to upgrade.

Thanks, if it were in black my search could be over for now.
post #14 of 51 Old 05-13-2012, 10:41 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Looks like they've "opened the doors" earlier. Not quite a good enough deal to make me pull the trigger on dual subs though.
post #15 of 51 Old 05-13-2012, 10:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 101
Good deal on the 7 channel amp. $600 for the outlaw lfm1 ex shipped. Not bad at all.

Atlantic Tech speakers ...If only I was in the market to replace my AT System 450e THX

No subwoofer I've heard has been able to produce the bass I've experienced in the Corps!

Must..stop...buying...every bluray release...
post #16 of 51 Old 05-13-2012, 11:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Down View Post

Looks like they've "opened the doors" earlier. Not quite a good enough deal to make me pull the trigger on dual subs though.

Yea $50 savings won't have me jumping on another EX.
post #17 of 51 Old 05-13-2012, 11:14 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowcanary73 View Post

Yea $50 savings won't have me jumping on another EX.

Well, it's actually $139.50 savings since the shipping is free. Unless you're pointing out the fact that the best deal one could hope for would have only been $50 less than this price? If so, then yes, that $50 difference is what's holding me back. I'd be buying 2, so it's a $100 diff and since I don't really need these (still have a working MFW) I put the max price at $1100 I'd spend before I ever opened.

Plus side, the wife breathed a sigh of relief.
post #18 of 51 Old 05-13-2012, 11:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Down View Post

Well, it's actually $139.50 savings since the shipping is free. Unless you're pointing out the fact that the best deal one could hope for would have only been $50 less than this price? If so, then yes, that $50 difference is what's holding me back. I'd be buying 2, so it's a $100 diff and since I don't really need these (still have a working MFW) I put the max price at $1100 I'd spend before I ever opened.

Plus side, the wife breathed a sigh of relief.

Think Last price I paid was $549 plus free shipping.
post #19 of 51 Old 05-13-2012, 11:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 226 Post(s)
Liked: 213
At $600 shipped these are still the best sub deal going in this price range, outside of DIY of course.
post #20 of 51 Old 05-13-2012, 11:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Normal price is 650 + shipping

$600 isn't too bad with free shipping

No subwoofer I've heard has been able to produce the bass I've experienced in the Corps!

post #21 of 51 Old 05-13-2012, 11:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokekevin View Post

Not saying its a bad deal just saying I payed less last time. Also looking at a 7125 but not sure I need it with only a 5.1 using an Onkyo 809 with Klipsch RF-82II.
post #22 of 51 Old 05-13-2012, 11:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowcanary73 View Post

Not saying its a bad deal just saying I payed less last time. Also looking at a 7125 but not sure I need it with only a 5.1 using an Onkyo 809 with Klipsch RF-82II.

the 7900 is a nice deal but I already bought one of their amps during the last sale!

post #23 of 51 Old 05-14-2012, 12:44 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 29
I'm pretty bummed out that the EX is $50 more than the previous sales. It's not bad, but I hate the fact that all the sales they've had on this in the past have been $549 shipped or less. I wish they hadn't included it in the secret sale, because now it might be months before a real sale comes around again. I need a sub, so I guess I have no choice.
post #24 of 51 Old 05-14-2012, 02:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 25
the Marantz 6006 got my attention, and then I read it was for the States only...bummer.
post #25 of 51 Old 05-14-2012, 04:47 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

I agree, at $600 w/ free shipping its a pretty good deal. As "Down" pointed out its saves $140. The last sale I bought the EX with wireless combo for $650 shipped so I scored a pretty good deal there . I'm betting they have the EX on sale again in about 4-5 months for $550 but then again for someone to wait that long to onlysave $50 wouldnt be an easy choice . It could be even the fact that the $549 sale wont even happen as maybe its going to be the new $600 w/ free shipping from now on... just saying .
post #26 of 51 Old 05-14-2012, 05:02 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Well I had pretty much settled on getting a HSU VTF-2 MK4 until I ran across this sale. The HSU is $582 shipped. Do you guys think the EX is a better buy? Thanks!
post #27 of 51 Old 05-14-2012, 05:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 177 Post(s)
Liked: 90
Quote:

the 7900 is a nice deal but I already bought one of their amps during the last sale!

I missed the registration so I'm just curious how much the 7900 was going for on sale? Thanks!
post #28 of 51 Old 05-14-2012, 05:35 AM

$600 shipped for the EX is a crazy good deal! Is it the $550 shipped deal??....no....but still, name a sub that's better for $600 shipped! Shipping on this beast is over $80! Not too long ago people were getting so excited for these subs to get back in stock....now they are AND being sold for a great price.....and it's still not enough. I don't get it......
post #29 of 51 Old 05-14-2012, 05:57 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkasanic View Post

I missed the registration so I'm just curious how much the 7900 was going for on sale? Thanks!

I just tried to check for you but I'm getting an error logging in now I'll try again later.

Edit: Got in. $2499 with free shipping

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToHT View Post

$600 shipped for the EX is a crazy good deal! Is it the $550 shipped deal??....no....but still, name a sub that's better for $600 shipped! Shipping on this beast is over $80! Not too long ago people were getting so excited for these subs to get back in stock....now they are AND being sold for a great price.....and it's still not enough. I don't get it......

Well I guess I have my answer I'll probably pick one of these puppies up.
post #30 of 51 Old 05-14-2012, 06:08 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 29
I could be wrong but I doubt that they will ever have the $549 sale again. All of the b- stock units have also gone up in price ever since the Audioholics review and the last sale on the Plus was also $50 higher, so for all those who are waiting to save $50 in the future, I wouldn't hold my breath.

Life is hard, be harder.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page