Bass not satisfying - debug-help needed - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 35 Old 05-22-2012, 01:02 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Thanks for all the help! My result now is satisfying, but I still miss the <25hz content. I will be trying an Earthquake Supernova 15" sub (which goes down til 16hz) and see if my room can handle those low frequencies. If it can, I will make a DIY build to handle everything below 30hz and keep my JBLs for >30hz. I will of course compare the DIY sub to the JBLs above 30hz too, but them plan is to have both.

JBL ScreenArray Cinema | 9.4 Surround | 136" Scope
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 35 Old 06-18-2012, 01:23 AM - Thread Starter

I followed your advice about getting a sub which coule provide <25hz content. I found a cheap SVS PC13-Ultra subwoofer and bought it. I will be setting it up this weekend and letting it play from 30hz and below. I am looking forward to what it can add to my system.

post #33 of 35 Old 06-26-2012, 05:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 453
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsoko2 View Post

I went from Audyssey Pro back to Pioneer & MCACC due to flat and sterile SQ.

This is the first I have heard this from anyone... Ever. I have a SC-57 and I'm disappointed I didn't spring for the 4311CI with XT32 given all of the stellar input I have read from other owners. What are you utilizing for your bass managment if not Audyssey?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonasHansen View Post

I followed your advice about getting a sub which coule provide <25hz content. I found a cheap SVS PC13-Ultra subwoofer and bought it. I will be setting it up this weekend and letting it play from 30hz and below. I am looking forward to what it can add to my system.

I've heard nothing but good things about the SVS Ultra. Not the Ultra I had in mind, but I'm looking forward to your listening impressions when you have everything up and running.

post #34 of 35 Old 06-26-2012, 05:11 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by popalock View Post

This is the first I have heard this from anyone... Ever. I have a SC-57 and I'm disappointed I didn't spring for the 4311CI with XT32 given all of the stellar input I have read from other owners. What are you utilizing for your bass managment if not Audyssey?
I've heard nothing but good things about the SVS Ultra. Not the Ultra I had in mind, but I'm looking forward to your listening impressions when you have everything up and running.

I have had the ultra up and running for two weeks now. Crossing it over at 30hz with the JBLs... I have definately missed out on some really low content! Its more fun now smile.gif I tried running the ultra all the way to 80hz, but it definately has its strengths in the low end. It didnt sound very good above 40hz. The JBLs stomp all over it in speed and precision.

I only tried the Ultra because I found it cheap, so I will either build one myself or try a couple of Earthquake MKVI 15" one day. The Ultra has too much port noise and the driver bottoms out when SPL is high and frequencies are low. frown.gif

post #35 of 35 Old 06-26-2012, 07:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 453
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonasHansen View Post

I have had the ultra up and running for two weeks now. Crossing it over at 30hz with the JBLs... I have definately missed out on some really low content! Its more fun now smile.gif I tried running the ultra all the way to 80hz, but it definately has its strengths in the low end. It didnt sound very good above 40hz. The JBLs stomp all over it in speed and precision.
I only tried the Ultra because I found it cheap, so I will either build one myself or try a couple of Earthquake MKVI 15" one day. The Ultra has too much port noise and the driver bottoms out when SPL is high and frequencies are low. frown.gif

Sealed LMS Ultra for speed and precision AND low-end extension... Hands down.

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page