post #91 of 93 Old 07-26-2012, 12:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 164 Post(s)
Liked: 289
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpc716 View Post

You forgot the stated goal of "room shaking bass".....
Chest pounding!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 93 Old 07-26-2012, 02:19 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by oztech View Post

Music taste is up to the listener but to show examples of songs it would be a better assessment if the song was the same on both subs if one is trying to provide examples of tightness versus boomy.
The same song played on the JL might be just as boomy to you of course we have different rooms,mics, and possible difference in recording so all bets are off.

I wasn't trying to make a comparison of those two subs. My purpose was to try to offer sonic examples of boom vs tight without taking into consideration the reasons.
post #93 of 93 Old 07-26-2012, 11:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 26
You still havent mentioned whether you have room treatment or if you are using any room correction software for the 2 subs. If a sub is only playing some 30Hz and above and if there are no offensive room modes in that range, of course it will sound tight. Where as, if a sub can go down to 20hz and if there are room modes in that range, it will sound boomy. It is not the fault of the subwoofer. It is the fault of the room. I mentioned so many times that subwoofer measurements are done outside in order to avoid room effect.

You need to use Audyssey or Antimode or any other room correction to correct/calibrate the subs and then compare. You are comparing one sub that cant do below 30Hz LOL! with a sub that can go down to 20hz and may be affected by room modes. You claim to be the "science" guy. But what you are doing is so unscientific LOL and say that scientific facts to prove your arguments are not necessary? I guess the more you argue on these lines, the more credibility you lose in this forum. Go home :-)
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Subwoofers , Velodyne , Velodyne Eq Max 10 10 Subwoofer , Wharfedale Sw150 150 Watt Powered Subwoofer Black
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page