The Unforgiven (song) - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 06-19-2012, 07:46 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
This keeps bugging me. What should the bass sound like on a proper system? I played this earlier and noticed I can't hear the 27.5hz fundamental at all on the low A (2.5dB lower than the 55hz - I synthesized those two tones and I can hear them both as expected), barely even the 55hz harmonic. I currently have a subtle house curve that measures smoothly. I can hear the 27.5hz and 55hz clearly in my headphones and it sounds correct. I'm not sure what the deal is here. Can all of you hear it on your systems? eek.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 06-21-2012, 09:58 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

I don't see a bump button anywhere on here that lets the OP bump without posting. I'm pretty used to that on another forum, but it's needed more since the traffic there is such that a thread gets slammed to the 2nd page within a couple mins.

rolleyes.gif As for ULF there's an interlude starting at 3:45 on Korn's track 10 or a 2-way that contains some VERY strong ULF and I'm wondering what effects that has on the appropriate system. eek.gif

Conversely, people could name music tracks with strong sub-30 or sub-15 content. I'm still mostly interested in The Unforgiven, though. I know you're out there, someone wink.gif

post #3 of 3 Old 06-22-2012, 06:55 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Hmm. Well anyway I tested the song extensively on my headphones and found that I had to boost the low end (+6dB at 27hz) to be able to hear it at all (this is +6dB relative to the rising low end I already have on my headphones to get proper balance with other songs) with this song (Unforgiven). I guess that means I have to re-master this CD for personal use. rolleyes.gif

I'm not sure what the deal is considering it's a high-budget nineties album... eek.gif

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page