Connections and controls available - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 06-20-2012, 08:36 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Brian---I'm a few years late getting to the party, finding out about Rythmik only after all the others (primarily HSU and SVS). I was ready to get an SVS SB13 Plus for two reasons---it looked to be a fine sealed box design with an excellent driver and amp, and it had the hook-up and control feartures I was looking for---stereo pairs of in and out jacks in both XLR and RCA, high pass filtered outs on both the XLRs and RCA's, and phase and delay controls, filter slopes variable with chosen center frequencies, and PEQ room node correction. Then, 1- I found out the SB13 Plus was being redesigned for a late summer availability, and 2- that the SVS designers consider sealed designs as products only for where "Real" subs can't fit, with no intrinsic advantages to them. In reading your Website I heard a very different designer talking, one with my same single-minded interest in high quality music reproduction. Period! With audiophile principles and objectives missing from SVS. So, I've been reading the Rythmik thread, getting a feel for who these audio enthisiasts are, and if I align with them on what they would like to see incorporated into you products. You have to offer hook-up connections and control features that the most people want. Let's see if what I need is available on your plate amp control faceplate, I will be using you sub in a strictly 2-channel music only system, very simple, and the SB13 Plus had everything I now list as needed in my "perfect" sub contol panel. My 2 channel line level pre-amp (Audio Research) feeds a pair of Atma-Sphere mono OTL amps via long runs of Kimber silver cable fitted with XLR's, fully balanced out to fully balanced in. Each OTL is directly behind the QUAD electrostatic speakers, connected via1 ft runs of Kimber silver speaker cable. So, I need a Rythmik plate with XLR jacks for stereo pairs of inputs (from the AR pre), XLR output jacks for HLF sends to the power amps feeding the stereo speakers (Electrostatic Quads). Perhaps RCA jacks to duplicate the XLR functions as well. And then the great PEQ funtions available on some of the current amps; plus crossover fequencies, turnover points, slopes, etc., phase alingment. SO... Does one version of the PEQ amps include all of what I'm looking for? And maybe a switch defeatable limiter? Thanks---I can't wait to hear a F15 HP in my room!
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page